Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Why is this forum so slow on my computer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 01:47 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Why is this forum so slow on my computer?

On my PC, on my iPad, it's always the same. Corvette Forum is always the slowest and takes longest to load?

Any idea why?
Old 02-16-2019, 03:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D K
On my PC, on my iPad, it's always the same. Corvette Forum is always the slowest and takes longest to load?

Any idea why?
This question is almost similar to asking why a Check Engine light is on without being able to supply any trouble codes.

It could be the age of your computers, 3rd party software you have security software, your network and/or ISP, that you browse as Guest (which does contain more ads than non-Guest views) or that you view so little sites that CorvetteForum is just the slowest because if you only visit X amount of sites there's going to be the slowest and the fastest, etc.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:37 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

No. I visit many sites and you can see that Im not a guest.

Corvetteforum is the slowest for whatever reason and I was trying to find put why.

Originally Posted by J T
This question is almost similar to asking why a Check Engine light is on without being able to supply any trouble codes.

It could be the age of your computers, 3rd party software you have security software, your network and/or ISP, that you browse as Guest (which does contain more ads than non-Guest views) or that you view so little sites that CorvetteForum is just the slowest because if you only visit X amount of sites there's going to be the slowest and the fastest, etc.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D K
No. I visit many sites and you can see that Im not a guest.
There are some that load CorvetteForum and don't log in unless they are ready for whatever reason. So I said browsing as Guest will show more ads which might have a slower experience.

Originally Posted by D K
Corvetteforum is the slowest for whatever reason and I was trying to find put why.
Just as some would provide reasons why a Check Engine light might be on without any more information, I provided some reasons.

Also, few two sites are equal. Of course a site as large and active as CorvetteForum, which has dynamic content and interactive features because it's community-based and dependent on members participating with content, is going to load slower than a static html website that has a few pictures and text and nothing more.

I want to point out that CorvetteForum's performance is externally monitored. Site performance is important because it has a factor in things such as site ranking for search engines like Google.

Get notified of new replies

To Why is this forum so slow on my computer?

Quick Reply: Why is this forum so slow on my computer?