Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Not getting PM notification to my e-mails

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:30 AM
BacknBlack08
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Not getting PM notification to my e-mails

I thought I once had setup where private messages notifications were sent to my e-mail but for some reason I stopped getting the notifications in my e-mails. Anyway I can correct this?
I've went through my profile but must have overlooked where this setting is. Thanks for any help you can provide.
BNB08.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:15 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BacknBlack08
I thought I once had setup where private messages notifications were sent to my e-mail but for some reason I stopped getting the notifications in my e-mails. Anyway I can correct this?
I've went through my profile but must have overlooked where this setting is. Thanks for any help you can provide.
BNB08.
Email notification is enabled on your account. Email notifications are also working correctly from the system.

So that leaves two possible issues:
1) You have accidentally filtered (blocked) CorvetteForum emails or specific CorvetteForum emails. In that case, you will need to adjust your email client or change settings in the web interface. For further information, I'd suggest consulting the Help/Support for the method you're using to access email.

2) Your provider, Earthlink, is temporarily filtering your emails that it has deemed as Spam or Bulk without your consent. In that case, you would need to contact Earthlink as you are their customer as we have no control over how providers handle/deliver email. Their customers will have more feedback value to them.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:41 PM
BacknBlack08
Racer

Thanks JT,
I will contact my service provider and see if it's on their end or my mail setting. I know I haven't blocked anything from the forum.

Thanks again
BNB08

Last edited by BacknBlack08; 04-20-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:12 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BacknBlack08
Thanks JT,
I will contact my service provider and see if it's on their end or my mail setting. I know I haven't blocked anything from the forum.

Thanks again
BNB08
I found the rejected emails that you refer to and can confirm it is due to Earthlink blocking CorvetteForum's email server. I will send a note to our team on Monday but usually this is something where the customer (you in this case) will need to contact your provider and inform them about them blocking/filtering legitimate emails without your desire as they will care less about us and more about their customer. We've had this issue several times in the past with Earthlink and Yahoo in particular blocking emails without their customers desire and having the decision as to whether or not they want to see the emails.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 AM
BacknBlack08
Racer

Thanks JT,
I'm sure your correct as I've received some notifications from Earthlink on blocks of other potential "fishing" e-mails in the past but nothing about corvette forums. I'll check with them and see if I can get it corrected
Thanks again for your assistance and the quick responses, this is a great forum
BNB08

Get notified of new replies

To Not getting PM notification to my e-mails

Quick Reply: Not getting PM notification to my e-mails