Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

1961 corvette fuelie erratic idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:38 PM
sapple
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1961 corvette fuelie erratic idle

I recently purchased a period correct 283 315hp fuelie engine and had my fuel injection system rebuilt and the engine runs fine but will not idle. I made adjustments to the air and fuel screws with no success the engine will idle for a few seconds and then start bouncing between 400 and 1000 rpm then stall. I checked all the hoses and they are connected and tight not sure what to try next. If anyone has experience with the Rochester fuel injection system I would appreciate any advice on what to try. The only way I can drive it presently is when coming to a stop light or sign put it in neutral and keep the rpm's above 1000. Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Steve
Old 05-25-2019, 07:23 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sapple
I recently purchased a period correct 283 315hp fuelie engine and had my fuel injection system rebuilt and the engine runs fine but will not idle. I made adjustments to the air and fuel screws with no success the engine will idle for a few seconds and then start bouncing between 400 and 1000 rpm then stall. I checked all the hoses and they are connected and tight not sure what to try next. If anyone has experience with the Rochester fuel injection system I would appreciate any advice on what to try. The only way I can drive it presently is when coming to a stop light or sign put it in neutral and keep the rpm's above 1000. Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Steve
This Help section is for Help with the CorvetteForum website (account issues, etc.,) and is not the place to post technical questions about Corvettes. Instead, please find the correct section, based on the generation of the Corvette.

Your 1961 is considered a C1 and is part of the C1 and C2 sections here:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-1953-1967-21/

For technical questions about your 1961, please use the C1 & C2 Corvettes section:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2-corvettes-4/

I've moved your posts, in the past, from this Help section to the correction section. For your own help, please post in the correct section to make sure it gets seen by the correct audience for assistance.

Thank-you