In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

In Memory of Wild Bill

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Mad Dog Peter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Memory of Wild Bill

A tribute to my father, who passed away on June 6th after a battle with cancer. I just drove his 99 C5 convertible from Arizona to Florida. The vette was my dad's baby, and I couldn't bear to see it sold...

I've kept it in the family, and I figured Dad's spirit was with me and my 13 year old daughter during the 2300 mile drive home...

Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
dachevy
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about your Dad and daughter's Granddad....bet he is with you , especially when you are in and around the nice C-5...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Glad you're keeping the car This past Saturday we had an elderly customer (76) have a massive heart attack on the showroom floor (porsche dealer) right next to my desk. We did CPR, EMTs came in 5 min, but we found out later that it was a massive heart attack and even if he'd been at the hospital when it happened he'd have been a gonner.

Point of my story is that yesterday his two daughters and two sons came to pick up his mint '03 Boxster S that he had driven up here on Saturday.

It was really neat to see the two sisters drive it away w/ the top down. I hope they keep it as you have your father's vette
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 PM
CJR2
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Try to keep the car The money will be long gone, the memories the car holds for you, your dad and now your daughter will last forever

Last edited by CJR2; 08-25-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Mad Dog Peter
Pro

No doubt about that! I'm going to pay her off in a couple of years, then just maintain her for as long as I can. Maybe I'll get myself an 04 in a couple of years, too. I think I like the C5s better than the C6s...

Get notified of new replies

To In Memory of Wild Bill

Quick Reply: In Memory of Wild Bill