In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Glory be to GOD
Account disables by request 13 July 2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God bless Ryan. I know your in a better place than all of us. I know your not hurting. Say hi to Jesus for me.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Dan Dlabay
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

May he rest in peace. Ryan is now with God.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Al E
Racer

Ryan,
What great courage you have. Keep up the good fight and finish the race.
May GOD lift you up in his mighty arms and be with you during your most difficult time.
GOD bless

Al Miller

PSALM 91:2
Old 05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Black96WS6
Instructor

*bump for Ryan*
Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

All who had the pleasure of knowing Ryan are much better people May the legacy of Ryan's Courage and Strength remain with all of us.
RIP BUDDY
I know you are no longer suffering
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm both heartbroken and happy for Ryan. Heartbroken that he has left his family and everyone he has touched. Happy that he no longer has to endure any pain and suffering and is in a better place.
Ryan, I wish I had met you. Distance prevented it. But distance did not prevent you from touching me in a way I haven't felt for some time. I can't help but feel that your impact on those who either met you or heard of you and your courage, will leave an everlasting impression. This world will be a much better place because of your short time here.
God Bless you Ryan. And may God Bless your family
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RIP Ryan
Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
GottahavaVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by ZR-71
I'm both heartbroken and happy for Ryan. Heartbroken that he has left his family and everyone he has touched. Happy that he no longer has to endure any pain and suffering and is in a better place.
Ryan, I wish I had met you. Distance prevented it. But distance did not prevent you from touching me in a way I haven't felt for some time. I can't help but feel that your impact on those who either met you or heard of you and your courage, will leave an everlasting impression. This world will be a much better place because of your short time here.
God Bless you Ryan. And may God Bless your family
Amen.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
JayMack
Burning Brakes

CI 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09
NCM Lifetime Member

Godspeed. My next drive will be for you.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette N It
My friend Ryan Salmons passed away 15 minutes ago. I only met Ryan for the first time in person on April 4, 2009. He fought a hell of a fight. He was mature beyond his years, he was fun, he was honest, he was loyal. I love that kid and will miss him terribly.

Ryan Salmons CBJ #3 July 7, 1989 - May 1, 2009
19 years old RIP.

Mike
God bless you Ryan, you'll be missed by all of us here!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ryan blessed us with this thread....as God did for him.
Sincerest sympathies to the family.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Daymon66
Intermediate

Love and Prayers to the Family. Ryan is an incredible example for so many people. what a strong and brilliant light he was. he touched so many people in such a brief period of time.

we love you Ryan. Shine on Little Brother.

Daymon
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Vette N It
Instructor

I have had a few hours now to reflect on my friend and I don't think I could say it any better than his father did on his blog www.teamsalmons.com. I remember asking Ryan at lunch one day early in April when I first met him how he can be so damn mature and accepting of his fate. He told me he and his father have shed their share of tears and he knew what he was facing. That defines bravery, knowing your time is short and still being able to do all the things he did for others. I am 39 and haven't even remotely touched as many people as he has, and I'm fairly certain if I live to be 100, I still won't.

Someone on this forum sent me the nicest PM a little bit ago and I thank him for it, you know who you are. All I can say is this, I did for Ryan what I could because I could. I didn't want any publicity for it I simply wanted him to get to LIVE for his last month and I really believe he did. He thanked me so many times over the last 30 days, but what he never understood was it wasn't all for him, it was for me as well. I enjoyed every minute from just texting with him, lunches, the cruises, talking on the phone with him, the plant / museum, sitting in his room BS'ing and the blast up 270. for those that were there you know what I mean.

I feel pain for his father Brad. I had a moment today that I regret. I was in Ryan's hospice room with just Ryan, his father Brad, and I. Ryan was already sedated, and Brad said to me he was going to be lost without his son. I had no words to say, I couldn't get anything out and I truly regret that. I'm sorry Brad. You were an awesome father, NO ONE could have asked more from you. You were there every single minute of the fight. You are as much a hero as Ryan. Brad, if you read this, anything you need from me I will do for you and your family. I was my honor to be your sons friend, it was my honor to have met you and Susan, Barry, Amy, your parents, Corey, and the rest or Ryan's family and friends. Ryan changed my life in a positive way, he was destined for a greater purpose. My deepest sympathies to the entire Salmons family and all Ryan's friends.

Below is the latest post from teamsalmons.com that his father brad wrote. Sorry for the length of my post. I had to get a few things out.

Ryan Michael Salmons, age 19, passed away and earned his angel wings on Friday, May 1, 2009.

Over the past year, Ryan has fought with perseverance and grace. Many times when he could have been bitter and angry, Ryan carried himself with class and dignity. Ryan was the epitome of courage and strength.

People live various number of years. Some live to be a hundred, some in their 50's and 60's. I truly believe that only the good die young. My son Ryan was GREAT! Over the past year he has touch thousands of lives, many people he never met or knew. We would talk about making a difference and it is not the quantity of time but want you do with the time you have. Ryan could not understand why peoples lives changed because of him. He just continued to fight his battle. I tried to help him understand it is not the fight, but how you are fighting the fight. He just told me that he may never understand why people admire him.

Throughout the journey, Ryan continued to want to do for others. Ryan tried to help parents on J5 when their kids could not verbalize what the drugs did to them. He became friends with younger patients and treated them family. Even when the Blue Jackets signed him to a contract, he turned it into how he could help push the team to the playoffs. It was not about him. That was Ryan's spirit. That is who he was.

I am proud to be his father, friend, and have been blessed by having him in my life. Ryan, I love you with all my heart and look forward to seeing you again one day in heaven.

Once funeral arrangements have been completed, I will post the information on his blog.
-Brad
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
04Vette1431
Instructor

Rest In Peace
Old 05-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Welcome home Ryan ...

God bless you Ryan ... my prayers for those whose lives you touched during your short time on Earth

You are with your Creator ... we will miss you, but, we'll see you again
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM
RYNS VET
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i was there till the end, and i cannot still grasp the topics at hand, but i can say that he was strong and resilient until the end. i told him to save me a spot for the type R, which he has the keys for, and that i will be waiting until the day that i can be with him again, up there at the pearly gates at which the Vette is parked. I love, admire, and miss Ryan more than any of you will ever know, but i will say that no matter what he is my HERO till the day that i die. As I sit here crying over the keyboard I would like to say that i love the kid and that i will never forget a second with him, and I will try to live my life to even a tenth of that that he did. Thanks to all that have showed your support. I, as well as Ryan greatly appreciate it. We love you all, and will always.

Brother forever,
Jon

Get notified of new replies

To Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Old 05-02-2009, 02:40 AM
And7Baller
Instructor

I never knew him but just hearing his story makes me appreciate life that much more. Made me think about how I shouldn't get so mad/sad over the dumb things in life, but focus on what's really important.

RIP Ryan
Old 05-02-2009, 06:00 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 777 Likes on 438 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

RIP Ryan. You are in a much better place . May peace be upon your soul.
my sincere sorrow to the family and friends.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Deepest of condolences to the Salmon family. Ryan really was an amazing kid, with a strength of 10 times anything I could have even mustered up. This is one of the only instances i've ever had where a story touched me so much that i found myself constantly wiping away the tears as I made my way down the thread. It always seems to happen to the best people, and never seems fair.

However, from all this you should definately have gathered exactly how great of person he was, and most importantly where Ryan is now. His pain went from overwhelming to non-existant. No matter how selfish any of us are, he is clearly in a better place reguardless of what we all think.

I never got a chance to talk with Ryan in person, nor to shake his hand or see his glow in person. Be reassured tho...it will not disappear now that he's gone, but instead, burn brighter then ever. While he may no longer be physically with us, his presence will always be where you find him.

RIP good friend, and go with God.

Quick Reply: Very close to my time. want to thank you all!