In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 AM
RY'SZ06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Over the last year i have been battling one of the rarest fastest growing types of cancer, Aveolar rabdomyosarcoma. unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst and i have tumors growing faster than my vette vs. a pedal bike. i found and got my dream vette and joined this forum. i got a 2003 zo6 torch red with mod red interrior. but onto why i really wanted to write this post to say thank you to all who have been nothing but helpful and so inciteful with anything that i have had a question about. unfortunately i didnt get to attend any meets with the group but could only imagine how awesome it would be with this great forum. i am within my last month at tops here on earth and to me i beleive everything happends for a resason and theres a reason i got my vette and got hooked up with the forum.

I am wanting to turn my vette over to my dad and hopefully he will start using my screenname on here and get joined up with you! theres one of our family friends im also trying to have hookup with the forum. i asked my dad to at least get on here once to type up a in memoriam post through his eyes to really show what i showed and loved through my vette.

I am from columbus, OH and have had some really good newspaper articles and little clips wrote up on me over my year with the columbus blue jackets and oppurtunities that has made my last year quality of time amazing. my dad and uncle have a blog they have been keeping up if anyone is interested its www.teamsalmons.com

Again, thanks to all. I love this forum and love my vettes and all vettes.

Thanks

Ryan Salmons
Old 03-31-2009, 02:54 AM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Ryan - We've never met, but I wanted to commend you for facing up to your illness and for having had the courage to write what must've been a very painful posting. It's acts of courage like that, that make the problems of the rest of us pale by comparison. Ryan, thanks for having joined our Forum and for having contributed towards it; as it's meant a lot to you, so you've meant a lot to those who've known and loved you best. As your time draws nearer, I wish you inner peace and reflections of a life well lived. May God bless you, and keep you, forever. - Loren
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 AM
CabSav
Instructor

Default What can I say?

Ryan, I've never been very good with words in this situation, all I can say is please don't feel alone, as I'm sure you know this forum is made up of some very special people that I'm sure will stay with you, comfort you & remember you. They have helped me cope with & fight my demons, I've been given 12mths, 2 years tops for my base of tongue cancer matastases, which have appeared in my lungs, to become fatal. So I can safely say that if words & wishes help, there'll be lot of those coming your way very soon.

But at least there is a small chance I can beat it, unlike your situation, so I'll fight on and think how lucky I was to have found this forum & had 56 years on this planet.

Maybe there's a Corvette forum on the other side & we'll catch up there!!!

best wishes,
pete
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Ryan, what a nice thing for you to write this post. I really don't know what to say except I wish you peace and I hope you can believe as I do that we will all meet again.
It is so nice that your Z06 has brought you such joy and that the Corvette community has also brought you joy and added fun to your life.

May God be with you and may Peace to you my friend.

<=== I know when I pass that it will be the beginning of the next life and I will reunite with all my loved ones whom have gone before me. I hope you can believe the same.

Peace be with you Ryan..
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
TBD
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 113 Posts

Dear Ryan:

First, congratulations on signing with the Blue Jackets. It's always nice to see a professional team sign an athlete with character and courage to go along with skill. To be sure, they will be a better team with you on the roster.

Second, life is a full on contact sport. Sometimes we face challenges that seem insurmountable and, yes, sometimes we don't prevail in the win column. However, there is a special place in the hearts and minds of fans for those who gave their best...always. And they are surely winners in the grand scheme of things!

Keep fighting, Ryan, and play hard!

With warmest best wishes,

TBD
Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
BADRACR1
Melting Slicks

I commend your courage, sir. You will be an inspiration to those who know you. Godspeed to you.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Flatbush_Harry

Ryan, I've read your blog as well as this thread. I am touched by your courage, maturity and spirit. My best wishes to you and to your family.

Best regards and

Harry

Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

Ryan, the blog and your comments in this thread definitely show your courage and love for all aspects of life, including the corvette lifestyle. You are inspiration to many of us best wishes and our prayers are with you and to your family.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
VITE1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Ryan,

Your courage and your love for life is an inspiration to us all.

Paul
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
captmike13
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May your courage be an inspiration to others who read this. Godspeed to you.

Mike and Ellen.

Last edited by captmike13; 03-31-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM
kdhand
Instructor

Default Thank you for making me think and reflect...

Dear Ryan and Salmons Family & his Friends:

I cried today - not something that happens to me often. I cried because Ryan's story reminded me as it should remind everyone, that precious few of us really appreciate what we have. More importantly it reminded me that every second of life is precious and that I/we need to exercise care, concern, compassion for those around us, and that every opportunity for interaction with others should be carried out in a positive manner, no matter what.

Ryan's story imparts many lessons of courage that we all can learn from. I personally will strive to do better in all areas, especially when presented with challenges that in the overall picture, most often are really minor challenges.

Thank you for sharing and know that you are having a positive impact and will continue to have an impact on others after you leave us behind. How many of us can truly point to what we have done in our lives and know that we have truly made a difference beyond those we can directly see, touch or feel? You have, and for that may God bless you and all those that love and care for you...

With DEEPEST respect and appreciation for the example you have set...

Kevin Hand
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM
TPFKATK
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MARCH 25, 2009

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS SIGN VERSATILE DEFENSEMAN RYAN SALMONS
Hard-hitting blueliner from Central Ohio can also play forward and will wear No. 3 for the club
Pretty cool.

We all could strive to be as brave in the face of such adversity. My wife and I give our sincerest best wishes to you and your family.

Harold and Sharon
Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Dear Ryan:

I echo the thoughts of many here in that your courage and strength to face this illness and know that life, in it's fleeting moments, can have the thrill of the journey. Not many people can say or see that. Those who could talk about it perhaps are paralyzed with fear. But you my friend, are fearless. That is a positive trait to have, one worth sharing for a lifetime, to give others - known and unknown - hope for the future.

While your family and friends in Columbus will most certainly miss see ing you, we here in the WWW realm of CF will miss your insights and contributions. I am quite sure that your dad will enjoy your Corvette to the fullest. He'll be spurred on by your enthusiasm, your zest for life, your choice of sports cars! I hope that he'll take a trip one day to any of the thousands of cities represented by this Forum and tell us his greatest stories about you.

Lastly, I hope and pray that you have an eternity for your soul. That is the greatest choice you'll make. Everything is just icing on the cake.

Best wishes for the journey that remains my friend. May God bless you richly for the life you've lived.

Brian Weyeneth
Mt. Holly, NC & Roanoke, IL
Old 03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Ryan your post reminded me of Randy Pausch. If their is anything we can do please let us know. You are an inspiration to us all.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Hi Ryan:

Let me also begin by thanking you for having the strength and courage to share your story with your fellow friends on the forum.

As a Ewing Sarcoma survivor, I can truly respect the way you are handling your fate. I am a sincere believer that God has a plan for all of our lives, and that only He knows when we will be moving on to meet others who have left this life as we know it.

Regardless of your diagnosis, and its outcome, I will include you in my prayers, and I will ask that God grant you a miracle, if it's in His plan.

I will pray that He grants all your family and friends, peace, comfort, and understanding during this very difficult time.

God bless you Ryan!

Jesse
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Enemy
Le Mans Master

wow, your a brave person, we've never met but by reading your blog and post I feel like I have known you forever. God bless you and your family, thanks for being an ispiration to me and to other forum members. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Get notified of new replies

To Very close to my time. want to thank you all!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Iron Chef
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09
CI 8-9-10 Veteran

Wow...I have no words. You're quite an inspiration.

Godspeed Ryan.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Peace be with you Ryan
Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Ol'Timer
Melting Slicks

Ryan,

You have no idea who I am, and just minutes ago, I had no idea who you were, but I am now a deep admirer. Thank you for sharing your courage and your amazing attitude. I know that God has a plan for each of us, even at times such as this. I pray that you continue to be blessed and provide encouragement to those around you.

Dave Burnette

Quick Reply: Very close to my time. want to thank you all!