In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

pourjim

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default pourjim

I live in the same area as Jim, and found out a while back that he was fighting a disease. (amyloidosis)

He passed away on the 30th of March, 2009.

There will be a gathering of remembrance Apr 19, 2009 at the Santa Clara Elks Lodge, 1680 Martin Avenue, Santa Clara CA.

For those that knew him, his family is asking for donations to his son Kyle's education fund in lieu of flowers.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mer...&pid=126239426
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

for Jim. Rest in Peace my friend.

Amyloidosis occurs when enough abnormal protein builds up in one or more organs. It originates in bone marrow and then can affect the heart, kidneys, nervous system and gastro tract, as well as other organs.

Chip Miller, Co-owner of Carlisle Events and a huge vette fan, also died of this rare disease in 2004 three months after being diagnosed.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:04 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Default Amyloidosis

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
I live in the same area as Jim, and found out a while back that he was fighting a disease. (amyloidosis)

For those that knew him, his family is asking for donations to his son Kyle's education fund in lieu of flowers.
It was your post that triggered the new post honoring Chip Miller. Although I didn't know Jim, his son Kyle's education is so important. A contribution is enroute from the state.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Thank you so much for that, I am sure Sue will be thrilled and Jim would be as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

You're very welcome.

I was thinking of a couple fund raising ideas. Why not contact the local newspaper and have them do a story to draw the publics attention to the disease and at the same time mention the education fund. They do that here all the time when someone is in need.

In addition, perhaps the local corvette club, could consider fund raising events, proceeds going to his education fund. For instance, Stafford Volunteer Fire Dept www.staffordvfd.org in Stafford, NY does an annual fund raiser and they always select a nice 63-67 Sting Ray. This year it's a '63 Vert both top FI. I always contribute $10.00 for each book of 15 numbers. A small donation for their department and a chance to own another great Sting Ray. A win-win situation regardless of who gets the vette.

I would have them explore the possibility of doing a nice C5 Z06 right off CF FS section for starters. Who wouldn't want a chance to own a Z06 for the cost of $10.00? And that could lead to an annual event to fight the disease. I'm sure the club would be willing to brainstorm some ideas. That's part of what vette clubs are all about. Just have to ask.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM
khblair
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

sending prayers for the family
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

I met Jim and talked to him many times. Very sorry to hear about this.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
DRACOMAKO
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Racer

He passed away on the 30th of March, 2009.

There will be a gathering of remembrance Apr 19, 2009 at the Santa Clara Elks Lodge, 1680 Martin Avenue, Santa Clara CA.

FOR ANYONE WISHING TO MEMORIALIZE POURJIM(the collector)/j.dbl.u = "J.W." (the eBayer)/OR JUST JAMES LESLIE WETZEL(BORN ROCHESTER, NY DECEMBER 18TH 1954, CORVETTE OWNER OF CALIFORNIA 84C4Z51 VANITY PLATE...PLEASE CHECK OUT JAMES WETZEL'S CLASSMATES MEMORIAL SITE ON CLASSMATES.COM FOR KIMBALL HIGH SCHOOL, ROYAL OAK, MI CLASS OF 1973. NEW "STORY" OF JIM AND NEW PHOTO ALBUMS WILL BE ADDED AND UPGRADED TOWARD THE END OF JANUARY 2010, AND THE CURRENT OLD "STORY" AND PICTURES ARE WELL WORTH THE VIEWING AT THE MOMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY "JIM STORIES" OR CONDOLENCES TO SHARE WITH THE MEMORIAL SITE, THEN FEEL FREE TO LEAVE "JIM" A PERSONAL NOTE AND IT WILL COME DIRECTLY TO ME AS I MAINTAIN THE SITE FOR MY DEARLY DEPARTED FRIEND OF NEARLY 50 YEARS. THANKYOU! BEST REGARDS, DRACOMAKO.

Get notified of new replies

To pourjim

Search this Thread