In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Corvette Jim

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 PM
DickM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Jim

Corvette Jim was not a member of this forum. I am, have been for quite some time, but don't post much. He was a co-worker of mine, a happy guy, great sense of humor, huge heart. He died-too young- of lung cancer today. He had just purchased an '08 Atomic Orange 'Vert about 6 months ago. I believe he purchased it because it was his "last hurrah", something he had always dreamed of. He had asked me numerous questions about my '05 Coupe before he made the purchase. Not once did he mention or did we talk about his condition. He loved that car so much- had started modd'ing it and had driven it in several parades before his passing. That's why I started calling him Corvette Jim. RIP, Corvette Jim...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM
CTLawn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about Jim. Glad he got to experience his dream car before his passing.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by CTLawn
Sorry to hear about Jim. Glad he got to experience his dream car before his passing.
Hopefully Jim enjoyed his last days
Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 AM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reading a story like this always makes me think of so many things about my life and those that I know. Jims passing is so very sad, but I'm glad He got to live out one of his dreams. It makes me ask why people like him that make this world a better place to live, pass on and leave behind so many that that bring nothing but pain and heartache to the world ? I don't post here very often because of the memories of lost loved ones and my best friend that has brain cancer and I'll lose him before long.

Sorry for the loved ones that must miss Jim so much and the loss of a co-worker that you must have cared for a great deal.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Glad to see Jim had lots of fun his last year!. He is with a lot of corvette buddy's up there!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Jim

Quick Reply: Corvette Jim