In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Chaley Pender Virginia Corvette Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Robert Anderson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chaley Pender Virginia Corvette Club

We just lost Charley Pender who was married to Barbara for over 50 years. Charley was a New Jersey transplant that had owned a bunch of Corvettes starting back to the 50's. He was a fine body and paint guy and also a member of the Blue Ridge Region AACA. Charley was also known for his Corvairs. Charley and Barbara's current Corvette was a White w/ Red interior 75 convertible restored back to mint condition as was all of Charley's cars. Charley would joke a lot about the Yankee / Red Neck thing and we had a lot of laughs about it. I could always count on Charley giving me his brutally honest opinion about anything, especially our Corvette Club. I will miss this man.
May our prayers and thoughts be with Barbara and their children. There will be a memorial service Tuesday (25th) at 7PM at Whittens Funeral Home in Madison Heights and I'm sure the parking lot will be full of Corvettes.
Robert Anderson
Virginia Corvette Club Director and Founding Member 1983
Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sounds like Charley was a Hell of a good guy
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
chipl82
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you couldnt have said it better. we all are gonna miss him tremendously. he was a good friend and fellow club member. the best auctioneer ever.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's to Charley - Sounds like he left the world a better place & resides in an even better one now.

Get notified of new replies

To Chaley Pender Virginia Corvette Club

Quick Reply: Chaley Pender Virginia Corvette Club