In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

ChadMod

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ChadMod

Saddened and Broken hearted, I regretfully inform this forum that ChadMod has passed away from a tragic Motorcycle accident on June 15th, 2009.

He was very active on this site as he was proud of his 2003 50th Annaversary Edition Blck Z06. He lead a very fast paced life and had done more in 21 years than I have done in my own 57 years.

I am now the proud (yet saddened) owner of his Z06. It had minor modifications with full length headers, trottle body and finely tuned. Being very active in the Houston racing community, he was an avid member of Houston-Imports and Rowboat Productions.

We have set up a website in his honor at: www.chadmod.com
You can also search "Chadmod" on uTube or Google and find 100's of videos of his racing and just having fun. His license plate was "Just Go", basically because he was confident he could catch and pass his competition at will.

Every person he met has told his mother and I that he touched their lives and would always be the first person to jump in and help an unknown fellow automotive enthusiast. He never ever made fun of anyone's ride, no matter what make or model or condition it was in.

I have currently spent about $18k getting his car back to concours condition and will PROUDLY drive it respectfully throughout the Houston metropolitan area and attend as many Corvette functions as possible, now that I have become a "Corvette Gearhead".

If anyone would like to contact me at my private email with any stories or dealings with "ChadMod", please feel free to email me at: Mopar-Mike@comcast.net.

A Proud New member of the Corvette Community,

Mopar-Mike (aka: ChadModDad)
Old 09-04-2009, 01:14 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Godspeed

Prayers to you and your family.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear, man. Ironically, I was just watching some of his clips on the 'tube merely yesterday.

Dude was too young.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:42 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's to Chad - Another Corvette Lover who left this earth way too soon & will be remembered as forever young. He's raced off to a better place. My prayers are with his Family.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:45 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry for your loss
Old 09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
blackonblackZO6
Instructor

I always heard great things about him on Houston-Imports.com, but I never got a chance to meet him in person. I wish i could have.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:50 AM
uracowman
Melting Slicks

holy crap mr. jones.

I started a thread right after the accident about chad here on the forum with less than enthusiastic results, which I found to be BS.

This is Justin by the way. I was the photographer who was a friend of Chad, Aneal, Aaron and Ian whom you met at the benefit at secret services. You know...the guy who said he would give you the disk of images which I still have...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you for the informatoion . . . I am looking forward in meeting up with you ( as soon as I get his Vette back from the shop) and getting a copy of your CD.
Michael Jones (aka: ChadMods Dad)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

I wished you could have too . . . he really made a wonderful impression on everyone's life that he met. He was always the first to help out a perfect stranger when they needed it.

If he raced you and beat you, he never rubbed it in your face. The next day he would be helping you modify your car just so you could beat him.

That's how he was . . . always. Next year we are in the planning stages for "The Second Annual ChadMod Benefit for Brain Trama Research and charity". So far we have a verbal commitment from "Michael Jordan" himself. Whether a personal appearance or just donations.

His mother and I are working diligently to see that the name and honor of "ChadMod" not fade away.

MIchael Jones (aka ChadMod Dad)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Default See quote below . . . I am new to this

Originally Posted by blackonblackZO6
I always heard great things about him on Houston-Imports.com, but I never got a chance to meet him in person. I wish i could have.
See quote below . . . I am new to this.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Big Turkey
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never met Chad, only heard great things about him. I've spoken to him back and forth on the local forums but never had the pleasure of meeting him. I read about the accident the day after it happened, and never had a chance to pay my respects in person. Although I never met Chad, I knew we had lost someone special and whenever I tell the story of what happened to a friend, I have to fight back tears. I live in the Sugarland area so if you ever see a big asian guy driving a black C6 around there please stop and say hi.

My prayers go out to you, Michael, and your family.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you for your kind words . . . soon I will be driving his Black C% Z06 around the Katy area . . . hope to meet up with you sometime.

His plates say, "JUST GO". He hardly ever had any problems catching anyone in anything, unless they were true ground thumpers in disguise.

Moparmike (aka: ChadMods Dad)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 PM
SiL3NtXWS6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met Chad a few times at car meets before. I too, own a black C5 Z06 and I gave him a hard time cause it was slower than mine

My girlfriend and some of her friends went to high school with him. Very sorry for you loss... Hope things get better for you soon
Old 09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
I have met Chad a few times at car meets before. I too, own a black C5 Z06 and I gave him a hard time cause it was slower than mine

My girlfriend and some of her friends went to high school with him. Very sorry for you loss... Hope things get better for you soon
Thank you very much for the kind words. And as they sometimes say in the car world . . . use to be faster! ;0) Just friends I gave up street racing 25 years ago. But I do have a '70 340 Duster that will clean Chads Z06 clock . . . all motor.

Michael Jones
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 PM
SiL3NtXWS6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has a 340 duster too. I don't know the year.. but right now it's getting a new cage and adding larger tubs at bill buck in Austin, TX. Should do 9's no spray. The picture is back when he first got it.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...58775_5062.jpg

What are the mods/details on your duster?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Will69camaro
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Very sorry for your loss and I hope you recover well and cherish the memories and the legacy he left behind in his short 21 years. Things happen for a reason and maybe this will help lead to breakthroughs with the brain trauma research and charity organization. I didn't get to make it to the dynoday that was held in his honor but I'm hoping we can make it an annual event. If so I will do my best to be at the next one.

SiL3NtXWS6...I see you know Pat
Old 09-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

It's a '71 or '72, would have to see the grill and tail lights to be sute. it's a fine car. He should leave it as close to stock, or stock modified (without cage and tubs). these cars are going to be the next "Big ticket items" at auctions, as we are starting to run out of reasonably priced muscle cars.

Mopar-Mike
Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Mopar-Mike
Dadmod
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 1970 Duster 340 4-speed

Restored to original color and interior.Name:  Chad - Duster-200.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  1.33 MB
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies