In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

My brothers '08 baby (Monster)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM
brotherdear
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brothers '08 baby (Monster)

OMG, I couldn't believe it when I was this forum. My brother pasted away a year ago. He was terminally ill when he bought his Corvette. He had lost his drivers licenses 15years prior due to 5 DUI's. When he found out he was sick, we sold most the property we inherited from our father. (He didn't have kids/moter cycle accident with a brick mailbox) and was not married) He lost his licenses at 29 & didn't get them back till he was 44. (He would drive the tractor around, yea, we rednecks) He quit drinking at 42. He bought his 2008 corvette in '08. Wanted a blk on blk. There was only one in our area then so he took it to Tampa to have the procharger (Supercharger?) put on it. When he bought the car he weighed @ 100 lbs. I didn't think he would live much longer. This car gave him hope. He even got up to 120 lbs at one point after the car. He LOVED this car. He lived another year & 1/2. When he bought his house, he built an unbelievable garage, just for this car. The neighbors have told me how he would wash/wax this car for hours weekly.
I just thought I would share. I love/hate the car. Thanks for letting me share. My friends don't understand about the car.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by brotherdear
OMG, I couldn't believe it when I was this forum. My brother pasted away a year ago. He was terminally ill when he bought his Corvette. He had lost his drivers licenses 15years prior due to 5 DUI's. When he found out he was sick, we sold most the property we inherited from our father. (He didn't have kids/moter cycle accident with a brick mailbox) and was not married) He lost his licenses at 29 & didn't get them back till he was 44. (He would drive the tractor around, yea, we rednecks) He quit drinking at 42. He bought his 2008 corvette in '08. Wanted a blk on blk. There was only one in our area then so he took it to Tampa to have the procharger (Supercharger?) put on it. When he bought the car he weighed @ 100 lbs. I didn't think he would live much longer. This car gave him hope. He even got up to 120 lbs at one point after the car. He LOVED this car. He lived another year & 1/2. When he bought his house, he built an unbelievable garage, just for this car. The neighbors have told me how he would wash/wax this car for hours weekly.
I just thought I would share. I love/hate the car. Thanks for letting me share. My friends don't understand about the car.
May your brother rest in peace...if they don't understand your brothers love of the Vette then thats their problem...sounds like he really enjoyed having the Vette and thats all that counts...my sincerest condolences on the loss of your dear brother
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Do him proud by enjoying it! I'm sure he'd rather you love it than hate it, though I do understand.

Deepest condolences for your loss though.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm very sorry to hear you lost your brother
It sounds like whatever troubles he had he was overcoming them and doing what he could to enjoy life.
Take care of his Corvette the way he would want you to.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

"OK, I'm stupid, I don't know my corvette! "
brotherdear
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-corvette.html

Last edited by Yello95; 07-29-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
THNXHON
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear brother I'm sure his car gave him great joy and took his mind off of his illness at times. Take care and God bless.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

It seems like the car gave your brother something to look forward to and helped him live a bit longer. Nothing worse than standing by and watching your loved ones slowly fade away.

Hopefully, the two of you got to share a little bit more time together before he passed. I have a twin brother myself and I'm not sure how I would deal with him passing on.

God Bless you and your brother.

Get notified of new replies

To My brothers '08 baby (Monster)

Quick Reply: My brothers '08 baby (Monster)