In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Bondurant School says goodbye to Rusty

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09
Default Bondurant School says goodbye to Rusty

I hope not to offend anyone here by posting about an animal, but Rusty was a special kind of dog, one who seemed as perceptive and intelligent as a human. He was Bob's best friend and an integral part of the school. Our official release:

BONDURANT SCHOOL SAYS GOODBYE TO RUSTY, A WORLD CHAMPION MASCOT AND FRIEND

PHOENIX, Ariz. – We are saddened to announce that Bob Bondurant lost his faithful canine companion and great friend Rusty on Friday, September 24th.

Anyone who knows Bob also knows that wherever he travelled, Rusty wasn’t far behind. He was an extremely loyal and intelligent dog -- trademarks of the Queensland Heeler breed -- and he loved to come to work at the school. On Monday, the staff of the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving joined Bob, his wife Patricia, and other family and friends for a small ceremony to share memories of Rusty. He will be greatly missed.

A message from Bob:

“I always introduced Rusty to the students as the CEO; we all worked for Rusty, including me. His adventure with the Bondurant School started when he was just a pup. When he heard the words “Photo Rusty,” he would position himself in front of my feet, put on a big grin for the camera, and wait for the OK to get back to work. Rusty was my very best friend. He carried my heavy days for me, enhanced the good days, and over the last ten years he showed me and about 100,000 Bondurant graduates that unconditional love really exists.”
Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Most of us are very aware of the relationships people have with their pets. They are truly like family and it's always heart wrenching when they pass away.
I'm sorry to hear the news
Old 10-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Vettmann17
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pets become such a part of our lives that when they pass a part of us goes with them. It's a shame that they are with us for such a brief amount of time, but in that brief amount of time they give us a lifetime love and companionship. Sorry to hear about Rusty....
Old 10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
ft laud mike
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Most of us are very aware of the relationships people have with their pets. They are truly like family and it's always heart wrenching when they pass away.
I'm sorry to hear the news
RIP rusty
I'll toast you
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

RIP Rusty
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Glennm27
Race Director