In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

A thank you to the forum from Frank Gonzalez's family

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
PhillipGonzalez
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A thank you to the forum from Frank Gonzalez's family

Dear Corvette Forum members,

My mother, wife, and I wanted to express our appreciation and our gratitude for the many efforts that went into dedicating a bench in my father’s memory at the National Corvette Museum this past weekend. For those who could not make it, Mike Newlander, Steve Landstra and the folks at NCM – especially Adam Boca and Roc Linkov – made a great event of the bench’s unveiling. Attendees received a guided tour of the museum’s entire collection and they even let us fiddle with one of their very sophisticated and very expensive-looking driving simulators. (Art Bell acquitted himself quite well!)

Mike and Steve and Art and Jim Painter shared some touching words for the bench’s unveiling – Mike was kind enough to relay some of Forum posters' thoughts. It was a touching and emotional day.

To all who donated to the bench that we may never have the chance to meet, generous folks who parted with hard-earned dollars to memorialize my dad, we offer our sincere thanks. The bench is a reflection of the giant hearts in the Corvette community and we are grateful that Frank had friends like you.

Best,

Mary Lou, Cara, and Phillip
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,403 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I wish there was a way I could have done more... We miss Frank.. We All do!

Peace be with you Mary Lou, Phillip, Cara, and your entire family..

Quick Reply: A thank you to the forum from Frank Gonzalez's family