In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Kim Ian Madsen RIP

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Alan Colvin
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kim Ian Madsen RIP

We lost a great Corvette business owner (CorvetteRestorationAZ), Kim Ian Madsen last nite at 9:50PM AZ time. Kim had been battling cancer (again) for quite some time, beating it once years ago. We became friends when he called me prior to the Barrett-Jackson auction several years ago when I was editor of Corvette Fever. We built the Timber Wolf Corvette project car together and it ran in multiple issues of CF. Over time he became my best friend..a type of friend that you could share your deepest fears and greatest successes with, always knowing he loved you and had your back no matter what. He was probably the greatest friend I ever had. Kim became a believer in Jesus Christ after we met and while I will miss him greatly, I am so glad he is no longer in any pain. We will see each other again soon. Until that time..Rest In Peace my friend. I love you.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
C4orce2
Racer

Alan, this is terrible news. As you know Kim and I became very close while he was building my car a year ago. I had not seen him for sometime but have kept in touch over the months. A couple of weeks ago I called his shop and was told he was staying at home to regain his strength. Having seen the two of you together I know what a tragic loss this is for you and you and Kim's family are in our prayers. Look forward to seeing you soon, only wish it was under better circumstances.

Larry
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Alan Colvin
Cruising

Larry,

Thanx for the kind words. Kim will be missed by so many people. I am currently waiting for word of the service times..will post once I hear something. It will be a very sad trip to Tempe this time.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

So sad i met Kim less than a year ago and he had grand ideas for the corvette whisper show! He was great to hang out with and i would have never known by his looks he was a cancer survivor at the time. What an awesome guy! RIP!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

I knew he had been fighting this. he was well known and liked in the community.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Condolences to friends and family..
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry to hear this
Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 AM
C4orce2
Racer

Alan, just in case you haven't already seen it, the details for Kim's memorial service are on the Home page of corvette restoration's website. It is set for June 4th. You should also know that the club that Kim and I were part of, Fast Glass Corvette Club, is planning a caravan to the service. I have also invited members of the ACE forum here in Phoenix to join us. I know of at least two additional clubs that Kim supported and I am sure there will be many members of those clubs coming as well, to say nothing of the other vette owners he has dealth with over the years. There should be a very large showing of support for Kim's family from the corvette community here in the Valley.

See you there.

Larry

Last edited by C4orce2; 05-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Alan Colvin
Cruising

Yes..the family called me last nite with the details..

Marcia K. Horn, President and CEO of ICAN (International Cancer Advocacy Network) saw this posting and has asked me to let everyone know about the ICAN link to Kim's Program to request those who knew Kim to send us by email any tributes or photos in honor of Kim's life. ICAN is collecting personal remembrances (via emailed tributes) of Kim to post on the Kim Ian Madsen Memorial Prostate Cancer Program. I am sure they will be very comforting to Jackie plus Kim's family in New Jersey during this heart-rending time. Kim's brother Scott also died unexpectedly about seven months ago so this family is really being shaken to the core right now.

ICAN hopes that Kim's Program at ICAN to be a leading program in the country for advanced prostate cancer patients. They will do everything they can to honor Kim's life and legacy as the inspiration for prostate cancer patients that he wanted to become in life. It is tragic that he will never be able to testify in Congress for ICAN's Prostate Cancer Programs, but we know that he will be testifying in spirit!

http://www.askican.org/namedprograms/kmadsen.html

Tributes about Kim and photos (in jpeg) can be emailed to ICAN at KimMadsenProgram@askican.org
Old 05-26-2011, 01:27 AM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Rest in peace, Kim.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:45 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

This is incredible news. I knew his brother Scott here in New Jersey and it was a shock to the community here when Scott passed. Now in such a short time Kim has gone, too. Though I didn't know Kim, may you RIP!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 PM
CorvetteMike2024
Corvette Junkie
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,005 Likes on 837 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

RIP Kim, I have always been a fan of your talents and skills. Those of you that have one of Kim's restorations truly have a treasure.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

R I P Kim
Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 PM
C4orce2
Racer

Kim's memorial service will be June 4th, at 10 in the morning at Central Christian Church in Mesa, AZ. Kim was a member of the corvette club I belong to and several of us are caravaning to the service. Everyone in the Phoenix area is welcome to join us. We will be meeting at the QT on north 7th Street just south of the 101 at 8:30 am, leaving at 8:45. It will take us 40-50 minutes to get there and there is at least one other group that will join up with us once we are in Mesa. We are hoping to have a strong corvette showinig to support Kim's family. If you cannot join us but want to attend, the details are posted on the Corvetterestorationaz website, on the Home page. Hope to see you there.

Larry

Get notified of new replies

To Kim Ian Madsen RIP

Quick Reply: Kim Ian Madsen RIP