In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

One year ago yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
dizzysn
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Default One year ago yesterday

On Sept 12th 2011 my good friend Sgt. James Lyons took his life. He was an Army Sniper. He was never the same after coming back from over seas, and had a rough time with his relationship. Not going to go into the full details of his story, out of respect for his family.

We used to have a bunch of back roads we would cruise though all the time. I'd always have to slow down and wait for his heavy *** Dodge Charger RT to catch up with me, and it always got on my nerves. I'd have to stop and pull over and wait for a while so that he didn't lose me at an intersection or a turn he didn't know I took. Always had a blast driving around, but slowing down and waiting always drove me up a wall.

I've been too busy to drive along those roads lately. Trying to buy a house, work, etc, but I took a cruise back through there last night for the first time since he passed, figured I'd go on a nice drive to remember the good times we had back there. This time I didn't have to slow down and wait for him. After cruising around for a bit I really wish I still had a wait for his big, dumb, slow-*** car to catch up. It's not the same.

R.I.P. Jimmy

Last edited by dizzysn; 09-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry about your friend Sgt Lyons
I was never in the military but I can only imagine some of the awful things that happen in combat. And being a sniper might really cause more emotional stress. It's hard to understand for those of us that weren't there
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Johnny vette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for your loss....The military men and women are the real heros.....the good memories will last a life time.....
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Originally Posted by Johnny vette
sorry for your loss....The military men and women are the real heros.....the good memories will last a life time.....
I agree
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To One year ago yesterday

Quick Reply: One year ago yesterday