In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Baby Jack......

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
jonn127
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Baby Jack......

November 9th will mark the 5 year anniversary of my sons passing. He was 3 days shy of turning 4. Below is a letter I wrote to him that was read at his funeral service.
I remember needing to type something up to be read, so this was the product of that, didn't really think too much about it. The words just came out and it turned out to be something that helped everyone else cope. I obviously wasn't in the mood to write anything. I just look back and have no idea how I was composed enough to write anything.

For some reason he was always known as Baby Jack, people would ask "how is Baby Jack" doing, even though he was 3.
I'm rambling..... but just wanted to share.

To Jack: November 9, 2007

Hey there little bubba, we just wanted to let you know how important you’ve been in our lives. From day one you touched not only the hearts of your mom and dad, but everyone that knew you. I’m sorry that we didn’t get to show you off to everyone, but I know you understand that we were only doing it to protect you from all the little germies out there. Hopefully we were able to portray just how special and beautiful you were to everyone. We can’t wait to meet up with you again some day and catch up and hear the tales of how as soon as you entered heaven, you started running around and laughing, playing in the mud, eating bugs and dirt. You can now run, you can now eat, you can now see better than the both of us. You can now experience anything and everything you could ever imagine.
As weird as this may sound, we already miss the sound of your entourage....you know, your concentrator, your monitor, your breathing treatments and your suction machine. We already miss the moments where your face gets real serious and you start kicking your legs, only seconds later to curl into a little ball cause your laughing so hard, which of course caused you to drop your oxygen stats and set off the alarm on your monitor. What we don’t miss, is what all those pieces of equipment represented. They represented the normal life that you would never have. They represented the moments in the park, or the birthday parties of other friends your age that you didn’t get to attend.
HOWEVER, out of all those things that kept you back, the one thing that you did for everyone you met and didn’t meet, was spread Joy. You affected everyone you met without saying a word. You affected 100's of people that you never even met. Everyone has been inspired by your fight for life and how strong you were.
The selfish parts of us want you back with us forever, but we know that is wrong, for you are now whole. You are now walking with other children and playing in the playground.
In the interest of not keeping everyone here for hours, I’ll end by just saying thank you, thank you for blessing our lives with your beautiful soul and making us better people than we thought we could ever be. Thank you for your love that you shared with us. Thank you for the almost 4 years you gave us when you didn’t have to give us any. Our love is with you always and we will never forget you and your precious little smile. Jack Michael Garrison, our son, we will see you again.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Last edited by jonn127; 11-07-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Addition.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Tommy 73
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said, May GOD bless you and your family,
Old 11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm very sorry for your family's loss. No one should have to bury their child
Old 11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Amen to that.

My sympathies.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Prayers be with you and your family!

Get notified of new replies

To Baby Jack......