In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Lost my mom today, she was only 56...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
CorvetteGuy86
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my mom today, she was only 56...

At the young age of 56. She had been battling cancer for several years. She was the kindest, most amazing, spiritual saint I've ever seen. I took off two weeks during Christmas to be with her. She was becoming weaker daily. She was basically dependent on me as her liver continued to fail and the swelling made her daily tasks near impossible. I will never forget every time I helped her stand she would lay her head on my chest and say "I love you". I received the call that mom had quit responding. I rushed home from work to find her lying in bed surrounded by friends and family. The doctor said she should have been gone hours ago, but was clearly waiting. I leaned down and said "I love you so much. You are the best mom I could have ever asked for. Let me know when you get there. I love you". I out my head down and prayed while holding her hand. As soon as i silently said "Amen" the nurse said "she's gone", at exactly the same time.

I don't know where I go from here. I'm 26. Just short of getting married. My kids will never have a grandmother, and she would have been a great one. My grandfather who is one of my best friends is also battling cancer and has been given 2 weeks to live. Times are hard. I have enjoyed this forum and ask for your prayers. I will continue to have faith in God.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You are facing some rough times for sure. My condolences and may your mother RIP.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain but know that I will say a prayer for your mom and your family. May she be waiting for you in heaven...
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 AM
AlwaysWaves
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry for your loss and for the hard times ahead. Have faith and stay strong, you have my prayers.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

You got the opportunity to tell your mom how much you loved her before she passed and those are the best last words she could have heard. Not everyone has that opportunity. I was fortunate to be able to do the same when my mom passed several years ago and I still take comfort in that. Stay strong and may your mom RIP.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

My sympathies on your loss. She was too young.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
knightz06
Racer

im really sorry to hear that man, your story really hit me deep in the heart , its awesome that you showed her the love you did , and it was your voice and touch she had to have before she let this world go , god bless you man , may your faith in the lord carry you through this life and into the next , take care
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
kmlute
Cruising

Sorry for your loss, I share your pain. May your faith in God comfort you and your family.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
HogChef
Intermediate

Default Lost my mom today, she was only 56...

CorvetteGuy86-
How very sad, I am sorry for your loss and offer you my heartfelt condolences.
You are a young man with a great future ahead. One your Mom is counting on you to have and live in happiness. Your Mom would tell you to get married have those grandkids for her and live life to the fullest. Your Mom will be alive in your memories and the memories you share with your wife and your kids. You keep her alive in spirit when you share her with others. Tell your kids about how wonderful your Mom was. Show them pictures, share the laughter that you both shared. Then they too will alwaysd know her.
God bless you brother. It will get better, slowly, but with time.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
ED77KATR
Drifting

Sorry for your Loss...My mom Passed at Age 57... I was 29 at the time. She was My mom & Dad Wrapped in one. My Dad died when i was 4,she stepped into the dad role too. It was a Big loss for me. Just remember the Good times and be gratefull ya had her 26 GOOD Years. Your Mom musta been a Great lady! Stay Strong!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Very sorry for the loss of your wonderful Mom. You sound like a terrific Son, and I know that she enjoyed great pride, pleasure, and fulfillment in having such a loving and devoted kid.

Take each day, one step at a time, and don't be reluctant to give yourself a break. She is on your shoulder, and she wants to to embrace life to the fullest. Bless you, and I'm sure I don't speak just for myself, but a pm will get my phone no. and a friendly voice is available 24/7/365.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 PM
zeeohh6ex
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear I lost my Dad in Nov 3 weeks before his 50th birthday
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's always difficult to hear about someone losing a loved one because I know the pain and loneliness first hand. I've lost my Mother and Father along with other loved ones over the years. As I read your story it really touched my heart as I could see the real love between a mother and son. Sounds like you have wonderful memories that will be of some comfort in the days ahead. I saw my dad pass away slowly from cancer and it was a very difficult time for everyone. After he passed it was a relief to know he was not in pain anymore and he was now with his heavenly Father and that has brought me comfort over the years. I miss my mom and dad but take comfort in knowing that I will be seeing them one day in Heaven. My prayers go out to you and your family
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 AM
CorvetteGuy86
Instructor

Wow guys, thanks for all the kind words. This forum really is a great place. Meant to respond sooner, just been so busy with things. It's been one week tonight and to be honest it's just weird. I was able to attain the strength from myself and God for my mom at her funeral. I was able to read a 4 page letter. Really glad I did that although it was so hard. I was kinda in and out of shock before the funeral and now, just feel in shock. It's like it hasn't happened. I figured it would be just the opposite by now. It is really amazing to hear the kind words and some of your stories. Atleast I know I'm not in this alone, cause as you all know when you go through something this emotionally devastating, you feel like you're alone and no one else has been there
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

We're just a click away.

If you can't get yourself to take the Vette out today for a pleasure ride, your assignment for this morning is to wax the wheels.

It's not only okay for you to try and have a little fun, it's what everyone here and above would want.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
batm0bile
Advanced

my condolences and prayers are with you, I hope you will be alright.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Tychamon
Heel & Toe

Sorry for your loss. Even though your kids wont know her physically she was obviously a big influence on your life and will live on through you. They will know thier grandmother Im sure you will make sure of that. God bless and keep your head up!

Get notified of new replies

To Lost my mom today, she was only 56...

Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Zr1-Ron
Advanced

My Heart goes out to You. My Mother passed 10 Years ago in Nov. It isn't easy. Time slowly takes away the pain. Take care.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteGuy86
At the young age of 56. She had been battling cancer for several years. She was the kindest, most amazing, spiritual saint I've ever seen. I took off two weeks during Christmas to be with her. She was becoming weaker daily. She was basically dependent on me as her liver continued to fail and the swelling made her daily tasks near impossible. I will never forget every time I helped her stand she would lay her head on my chest and say "I love you". I received the call that mom had quit responding. I rushed home from work to find her lying in bed surrounded by friends and family. The doctor said she should have been gone hours ago, but was clearly waiting. I leaned down and said "I love you so much. You are the best mom I could have ever asked for. Let me know when you get there. I love you". I out my head down and prayed while holding her hand. As soon as i silently said "Amen" the nurse said "she's gone", at exactly the same time.

I don't know where I go from here. I'm 26. Just short of getting married. My kids will never have a grandmother, and she would have been a great one. My grandfather who is one of my best friends is also battling cancer and has been given 2 weeks to live. Times are hard. I have enjoyed this forum and ask for your prayers. I will continue to have faith in God.
That was tough to read. So sorry for your loss. Stay strong!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:52 PM
bthibodeaux
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 413 Posts

Tough indeed. My prayers are with you.