In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Todd Rumpke

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:41 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Todd Rumpke

I don't know if Todd was ever on the board, but a lot of us on here knew him and knew of him and his strong love of racing and Corvette's, especially a certain white one known as Snoopy.

I'm going to quote Danny here as he knew Todd better than most.

"9.7.2016 - The day the world lost the most INCREDIBLE friend. The most INCREDIBLE father. The most INCREDIBLE husband. The most INCREDIBLE son, and brother. The most INCREDIBLE competitor. The most INCREDIBLE person.
The world will forever now be a different place without him.
Todd, has touched so many in his 53 years. The family and I would like to thank each and everyone of you who wished well, thought of, prayed and rallied for support of this GREAT man. All of you made a significant difference for Todd , his family, friends and I . #63forever.
Sonya told me that he said that he would miss her and the boys. I had thought about that for a bit, and in my last conversation with Todd I told him of what I had heard. I told him that he had no idea how bad the world would miss him, and how big the whole in people's hearts would be of those that he touched. Albeit incredibly hard, I was very glad to be able to say my last good-byes and tell him exactly what he had meant to me, my son and the community/world. I left nothing unsaid as I held his hand, cried and shared.
News will be forthcoming shortly of his arrangements. In the meantime, please continue to pray for the family in this time of loss. They too have been through alot in the last few days, weeks, months and year." - Danny Popp

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 09-08-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:26 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

condolences to all those he left.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:08 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

He was a great guy. He once offered, actually insisted, I drive a Camaro on the track when the latest model just came out. He had just bought it. He just wanted to share the fun with his friends. That is the way he was all the time. This is one of those passings that really knocks your feet out from under you. Godspeed, friend.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Did not know him, but can certainly echo the words of Az above. I'd also think that Charles Schulz would approve of that shirt re Snoopy and cancer in a big way.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:29 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I met Todd a few years ago at Mid Ohio and crossed paths with him at various events a few times before he got sick. When the news of his battle with the ugly c became public, I made sure to put his #63 on my Vette to show support - still have the sticker on the front windshield. I was happy to hear that his health got much better some time ago and I am truly shocked that he is no longer with us. A terrible loss...

He was a great talent behind the wheel, a fierce competitor, and a super nice, passionate, hard working person, even to those that he barely knew (like myself). Every time I saw his 'street' Vette's license plate, I had to chuckle. He took me for a spin one time in it at the track and in no time we were doing 160mph at the end of the straight at Putnam on street tires - he scared the crap out of me... and so did Danny, in Todd's car during a different event. His race car Vette sounded great too and it was always nice to see his bright smile as he'd drive around the paddock and on his way to the track. That is how I will remember him!

You will be missed FASTRSH, but not forgotten. My condolences to his family and to one of his best friends, Danny Popp.

Last edited by tytek; 09-12-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:21 PM
RVC
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 10-08-2016, 08:06 AM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Old 10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

So young. Damn Cancer
Old 10-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

I only got to talk to him a few times, but he was a very gracious guy and fun to be around.
So sorry for his loss. I'm running #63 on my rear window in honor of him. He was very well known in the Optima series. We were hoping to see him again at SEMA and then the OUSCI next month.

Get notified of new replies

To Todd Rumpke