In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 06:59 AM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Old 06-29-2017, 06:59 AM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Sky High
And you see off topic members are smarter than you give us credit for. We weren't haters we were realist.
The presentation in most cases came across as haters to me.

Great, you were right, I was wrong and Nubian is dead. Hope all the smarter than me people who were right are happy now.

He was for sure one of my top five posters. Loved his commentary.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:02 AM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Damn... Sorry to hear he's gone.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:03 AM
Woody4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-29-2017, 07:13 AM
Ceptor
Team Owner

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

crazy **** and very sad ending.... just damn
Old 06-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

snakec6: Sorry you lost your friend.

I thought the guy was hilarious too. I pm'd him sometimes, and admit to getting frustrated with him that he was not taking his addiction seriously. I am truly sad to hear he is gone.

Godspeed Mr. Nubain. You will be missed.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 AM
Grand Trunk
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, damn. RIP Nubs.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:55 AM
corvetteed
Team Owner

Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Condolences to snakec6, and to Mr. Nubian's parents.
Its odd, somehow, how we who post, even if only occasionally, but read regularly, seem to get to "know" someone, even tho we've never met. Mr. Nubian was one of those who posted quite openly, about himself, and his feelings, and struggles. Therefore, he became one of the ones who you think you "know". It is quite a shock to see his demise, and leaves one reeling in denial. Prayers sent
Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM
snakec6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Josh
You never know when a bombshell like this hits the OT.

I remember ragging on NN for years and then the news.

I'm gone for a while, pop back in and see this thread. Damn shame.

This place is so detached from reality, the place doesn't seem real but once in a while some dark stuff hits. Makes you wonder about the things you never find out. Like maybe Chas is being gang raped in prison as I type this...
it is a damn shame, you're right and people don't take this stuff serious and never think it can hit close to home.. i knew in my heart he probably wouldn't make it... the odds were against him as he kept going back to his " one true love" as he would say.

Originally Posted by BOTYNV1
Damn', I knew it was a long shot , but I always hoped he could beat the addiction. He seemed to be a good soul and very open about his struggles, he loved his family. May you rest in peace Nubs, the demons are no more. I and many others here learned a lot from his open and frank conversations about his addiction, helpful information if we need to deal with the same situation.
He was a good man, but like you i hoped he could kick it too. he worked hard recently to get it together and had new outlook on life.

Originally Posted by bhoch
Wow. Sorry to hear. Enjoyed many of his posts. Was pretty cool we did get to know him at least a little bit on here. RIP.
he was in real life just how he was on the board here so consider you all his friends because you guys would have loved hanging out with him when he was straight.

Originally Posted by TorchRedRocket
Man, sad to read this tonight. I, like many others, enjoyed his posts and wisdom on skanks. He certainly was not your normal junkie. Just the way he postes on here, he always seemed very intelligent and articulate and managed to hold a decent job throughout all of his struggles.

It's unfortunate that he met his demise the way he anticipated he would. Pretty large odds stacked against him trying to beat addiction. I hope his parents can find peace.
he loved his skanks but was too scared to talk to them LOL. they would eye **** him when we would be out in public but he would go the other way lol.. maybe talk about a golden shower on them or let them rim him lmao

Originally Posted by themonk
Are you f'kn kidding me! Say it isn't so!

For f'k sakes Nubain you f'kn idiot!

I liked this cat, never said word one against me....f'k!
Originally Posted by MAD IN NC
I have his funeral today, unfortunately he's really gone, but i'm here to keep his memory alive!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:59 AM
JetMechZ16
Race Director

Received 146 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm sorry, what else can I say. It doesn't surprise me, and it makes me kind of angry. I think we all knew that if he didn't find a way out this is were it would end.

Sorry Mr. Nubain, sorry that you never found that trigger that would set you onto the road to recovery.

To his parents, I only hope they know that the battle wasn't lost by them, but by Nubs himself, he was the only one that could have won it.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:03 AM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Klondike
I'd seen most of his posts here and commented in a few also. Don't think I saw a picture of him though till this one. To look at him, he looked like a super healthy, happy guy always with a big smile. I really thought he was getting his head straight from his posts. Most junkies look like dried up shells, not at all like this guy, he looked like he could whip a bear's ***! Whatever finally took him down must be some really nasty ****.
My Brother is going down that path too, but you can tell by looking at him. He's one of the hard cases that refuses to get straight (because he's in control), disappears for months at a time only to resurface again in rags. I expect to get a notification of his demise at any time.
I really expected Nubian to make it from his communications here. Sad to hear otherwise.
You're right, he didn't look like most addicts do. he was to vein to let his appearance go to **** and the tried to still hit the gym and eat right. aside from his arbys, and golden corral, and mcdonalds runs at ttimes lol...

I hope your brother can see this, i wish i knew the death % of users of heroin. It has to be 90% or higher that they don't make it. I hope he gets his **** together for you and your family. Nothing good comes of it the lies, cons and manipulation they do to get money for dope is so sad.... when they are on drugs theres no reaching them.. jaren would disappear as well for months then pop back into my life when he got caught or tried to OD and someone found it.. sad ******* thing man.. this drug takes everything from you
Old 06-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

R.I.P. Nubs
Old 06-29-2017, 08:14 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Certainly was shock reading we lost Mr. Nubain, I remember reading his posts fighting his addictions he didn't hide from all of us, we all were like family to him.
RIP Mr. Nubain
Old 06-29-2017, 08:15 AM
bonnevillebill
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn, I just and read this thread. What a bummer. RIP, Nubs. I enjoyed your posts and PMs.

Snake - you were a very good friend to Nubs. He was lucky to have you stick with him through everything. There wasn't anything that you could have done to prevent this tragedy.

I really thought the arrest helped him turn the corner. I'm a lawyer and we exchanged PMs about the legal issue and other things. Sometimes he would respond the same day, but other times no response for weeks.

I feel really bad for his family, as they did so much to help him.

I hope he has found peace.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 AM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by PKguitar
snakec6: Sorry you lost your friend.

I thought the guy was hilarious too. I pm'd him sometimes, and admit to getting frustrated with him that he was not taking his addiction seriously. I am truly sad to hear he is gone.

Godspeed Mr. Nubain. You will be missed.
Thank you, i got just as frustrated as you guys did with him. He used to pray to not wake up when he would go to sleep at night. He had a huge personality and thats what people loved most.

Originally Posted by corvetteed
Condolences to snakec6, and to Mr. Nubian's parents.
Its odd, somehow, how we who post, even if only occasionally, but read regularly, seem to get to "know" someone, even tho we've never met. Mr. Nubian was one of those who posted quite openly, about himself, and his feelings, and struggles. Therefore, he became one of the ones who you think you "know". It is quite a shock to see his demise, and leaves one reeling in denial. Prayers sent
he was open that's for sure, and i think wanted people to see how bad things really got.. he told me he would never offer me anything to try or ever get anything for me because it will destroy you.. and he kept that promise.

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16
I'm sorry, what else can I say. It doesn't surprise me, and it makes me kind of angry. I think we all knew that if he didn't find a way out this is were it would end.

Sorry Mr. Nubain, sorry that you never found that trigger that would set you onto the road to recovery.

To his parents, I only hope they know that the battle wasn't lost by them, but by Nubs himself, he was the only one that could have won it.
it shouldn't surprise you he was as open here as he was with me. He recently became very relgiious reading self help books, listening to joel osteen radio going to church sometimes. i honestly thought he was going to kick it but i always knew if he had a really bad day he would hit the needle again and that would be it. he said if he started up again it will kill him.

his poor father feels like its his fault and he will probably carry that for a while... until he realizes jaren was his own demise.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 AM
Force-1
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

My youngest sister died of a heroin overdose 3 weeks ago. First time I've mentioned it here.

RIP Andrea and Mr. Nubain. Addiction is a horrible thing.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by Sunset-C6
Sorry to hear.....knew it was coming it was just a matter of time.
What a jack-*** comment at this time.

Get notified of new replies

To Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Hurricane

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Prayers for his family and friends.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 AM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
You're mistaken. Nobody hated him. Some were wise to his addiction, and refused to turn a blind eye. These people cared enough to take a stand.

I tend to agree, I think it was more the frustration of typing words on a message board and trying to have them sink in. While none of us knew him personally, we all knew if he continued down the path he was going, this would be the outcome. Hate is a strong word, how can it be applied to someone who you've never met?
Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 AM
C3Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. How sad.

Quick Reply: Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP