In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM
UGOTDA7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time regular lurker here. Always loved reading his posts - it's rare to find someone so open with their thoughts and struggles in life, while also maintaining a good sense of humor and positive attitude. And despite whatever one thought of his decisions and challenges - it's clear that he truly was a good person. I'm not much of a sentimental guy, but his influence on others is obvious and he'll be missed by many. Very sad to hear this.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Such a waste. Sad.

Last edited by The_Dude; 06-29-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

To be honest, I thought he would end up in jail.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

He had mentioned several times that he knew he had taken at least 10 years off his overall life because of all the **** he put through his body.......I don't think he realized, even with the addiction, that the day was going to come this soon.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:33 AM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sky High
You sound like a true friend. But nothing you could have done. He did not want to help himself, that was quite obvious from all his prior posting. He never took his addiction seriously and it showed. I used to argue with him all the time on here (my self a former addict) and he always blamed other people for his problems. He used everybody around him especially his father and had a very nonchalant attitude about all his problems. I seen right thru him and mentioned it many times even (unfortunately) predicting his probable demise because to him it was just a joke. For himself and everybody else that he constantly conned he is in a better place. It was inevitable.
I thought you were being a dick at the time, but, sadly you did call it. Unfortunately, nothing that was said here was going to change the outcome.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:38 AM
Z06David
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man, I always enjoyed his posts and sense of humor. May he RIP
Old 06-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by The_Dude
I thought you were being a dick at the time, but, sadly you did call it. Unfortunately, nothing that was said here was going to change the outcome.
He's not a dick. He's calm, cool, and collected

Name:  0de0eae9-7c1b-4502-bf84-3ce772a17c9a_zpsjhxwg0rk.png
Views: 306
Size:  115.6 KB
Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sky High
You sound like a true friend. But nothing you could have done. He did not want to help himself, that was quite obvious from all his prior posting. He never took his addiction seriously and it showed. I used to argue with him all the time on here (my self a former addict) and he always blamed other people for his problems. He used everybody around him especially his father and had a very nonchalant attitude about all his problems. I seen right thru him and mentioned it many times even (unfortunately) predicting his probable demise because to him it was just a joke. For himself and everybody else that he constantly conned he is in a better place. It was inevitable.

Some of his post hinted at how bad he knew it was.

05-18-2017:

If you're already telling your neighbor and anyone who'd listen about your narcotic script you must be up to something, because addicts do that stuff. The only good oxy's are the Roxi 30mg because of the ease to convert them to something deathly-magical. The new oxycontin if you want to shoot it, all you have to do is cut it into very small thin strips microwave it, but don't take your eyes off it, make sure it's just turning black then take it out. Add a cc of water to a spoon along with your black goo, heat with a lighter and suck up with you're at least 27g pin and enjoy you can dry off the goo and put it up your nose too, if your one of those addicts.
Your life will eventually go down the gutter and you'll use your script up in a couple days and you'll try to score more, any loser who'd pay $100 for any oxy product today is a moron. The percs with asprin like the 5s and 10s you cant snort or inject so their weak and less addicting because you just swallow and the dose is low. I started with a script for 240 roxi 30mg for my back, I instantly fell in love ended up shooting around 50 a day, lost everything "but I was in pain" and when the clinics shut down I went for the heroin and lost everything again 10 fold.
If your already talking about your script to your neighbor, that's not good. If he's that excited about your script, he'll probably break into your house and take it eventually. Never let anyone know that you have that ****, addicts talk and they'll rob you blind. Obviously you've heard of "oxycontin" you seem to know about the desperation it generates and from that it seems like you could potentially abuse it. I have no idea how people get addicted to vicodin, but Roxi's and Oxycontins yes, if they can find a way up your nose, in your veins or smoked rather than swallowed they will get ya super fast because it feels so good it'll destroy you, when I shot up my 30mg roxi or a 80mg oxycontin it was like a body and mind orgasm x100, when I switched to heroin because the meds were too weak and ran out heroin was like a body and mind orgasm x100000. You chase it and you'll never get it back.

Tough it out dude, if you like to gamble with your life,mind and family go for it. It's so not ******* worth it. Dependency on a drug ******* sucks, I'd rather be dead. Being a strung out addict makes death look like paradise. Stick with ***** stuff like vicodin and you'll be ok. Not everyone gets addicted to strong opiates, but you will get dependent in time, and when you stop taking them and have to withdrawal, then you'll find out if you're addicted or not. That **** changes you.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:41 AM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Raazor
He's not a dick. He's calm, cool, and collected

In his defense, adog thinks you're an annoying **** too.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Lee C
Team Owner

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Who doesn't but in a classy way
Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

Damn...that dude looked like the picture of health, can't believe he couldn't figure out how to get away from this garbage. RIP Mr Nubian.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Wow sorry to hear this/
Old 06-29-2017, 11:58 AM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Shammalammadingdong

05-18-2017:

He knew how bad it was. I always thought he was putting on a fake front to a degree not to fool anyone or to not admit how bad it was but more so that it was his persona.

I don't think he thought it was a joke or was using or conning anyone.

But then I am not Sky High who went thru it.

Like a lot of things in life, each situation or case is specific to an individual.

Props to all you guys who predicted it.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Strats-N-Vettes
Friend Request Magnet
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 149 Likes on 59 Posts

Old 06-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

true dat
Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM
neece
Team Owner

Received 157 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by repo

He knew how bad it was. I always thought he was putting on a fake front to a degree not to fool anyone or to not admit how bad it was but more so that it was his persona.

I don't think he thought it was a joke or was using or conning anyone.

But then I am not Sky High who went thru it.

Like a lot of things in life, each situation or case is specific to an individual.

Props to all you guys who predicted it.
What a hypocrite. Chastising people who tried to help the guy as "haters". Glad Mr. Nubian wasn't a woman who never spoke to you that posted a bikini avatar, can't imagine how hateful and disrespectful you would have been to him.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:11 PM
TorchRedRocket
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snakec6
damn it, i clicked the link and it goes to nowhere. i scanned his posts and threads last night looking for some stuff i can give to his dad as you guys suggested.. but damn he was active i ran out of time and will have to mail some stuff to the old man.
I saw the thread title and had a feeling I knew what I was going to be clicking on. Nubain would disappear for months at a time and people in OT would start threads asking if anyone knew where he was or if he was ok. I don't know if anyone knew his real name, so I'm not sure if OT would have found out the bad news had it not been for you.

Once things settle down, take the time to read through all of his posts and theads. Nubain was a hilarious dude. Probably the same way you knew him in real life from what it sounds like. Skanks and Arby's It is very cool that you are buying his car to keep his legacy alive. You sound like a good friend.

Get notified of new replies

To Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Old 06-29-2017, 12:16 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by TorchRedRocket

Once things settle down, take the time to read through all of his posts and theads. Nubain was a hilarious dude. Probably the same way you knew him in real life from what it sounds like. Skanks and Arby's It is very cool that you are buying his car to keep his legacy alive. You sound like a good friend.
I agree. He didn't just have some good posts he had all good posts.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:22 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Shame to read this, RIP.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:32 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
Just a few classic Nubain posts....God I'm going to miss this guy....

A couple posts I remember recently:

This sucks. I'll miss his posts.

Nubs certainly had some classics, he could really crank them out in the dating threads.

Originally Posted by LFZ
He had mentioned several times that he knew he had taken at least 10 years off his overall life because of all the **** he put through his body.......I don't think he realized, even with the addiction, that the day was going to come this soon.
I think he did realize, and you did not have to read in between the lines with some posts. IIRC he said the amount he shot up the night he was arrested would have killed him if the cops did not show up in that alley.

05-18-2017:

"I'd rather be dead."

Says it all.

Quick Reply: Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP