In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Snake, I am sorry for your loss of your friend. Many at home and here tried to help him, but he chose to live his life the way he did. Hopefully he is at peace now, and his family and friends can remember the good times.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:37 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by anjdog2003
Sorry junkies don't impact my life or alcoholics. Successful people do.
im sorry, my post didn't say his talk of addiction. I meant more about his talk about skanks, Arby's and other stupid funny ****. But thanks for your comment
Old 06-29-2017, 08:38 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug
I think that this is not the time to debate or argue what has already been done in the past ad nauseam, and I respect snake's request to keep it civil.
thank you, of the 300 posts here there's been only a handful of jackasses commenting. I really appreciate the compassion most of you have for the situation.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
Snake, I am sorry for your loss of your friend. Many at home and here tried to help him, but he chose to live his life the way he did. Hopefully he is at peace now, and his family and friends can remember the good times.
thank you sir. Like I said before he spoke of you guys often and used the board as an outlet. I appreciate all the help you guys tried to offer him.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Voytek
Team Owner

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by snakec6
Hey guys let's keep it civil here. Agree to disagree . This thread is about a guy who impacted our life in a positive way and brought laughter to the forum for you all. Save the arguments for a different thread please.
There's always people on here arguing given enough posts in one thread... just ignore them
Old 06-29-2017, 09:01 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Voytek
There's always people on here arguing given enough posts in one thread... just ignore them
No there's not.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Voytek
Team Owner

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
No there's not.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Sorry to hear this. I never had any direct discussion with him but followed some of his threads and posts on here. It was a sobering and sad thing to see his ups and downs. A couple times I thought maybe he was finally on the right path. I wish that had been the case but obviously not.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:44 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum
I had multiple conversations with him via PM about addiction and getting/staying clean as I've been clean and sober for 17 years. I wish I could have done more.

A lot of us tried to help him but ultimately it was up to him to do it.

His death is not totally unexpected but still very sad.
Thank you for caring about one of our fellow human beings and trying to help him. RIP Brother Naniot. Prayers sent for his family.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM
PreyDrive
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys today is just so weird. The corvette at the funeral home. I'm at a bar now and they just turned the music on and this is the first song just played
I was really sorry to hear about this, he was a funny guy. I do believe that our maker gives those who have passed an opportunity to let those who cared for them to know they are in a better place. It reveals itself in weird coincidences or subtle ways...it just happens to much. It was his way of telling you not to be sad. I hope that you and his family can find some comfort.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
Thank you for caring about one of our fellow human beings and trying to help him. RIP Brother Naniot. Prayers sent for his family.
Exactly, and well said. Unfortunately, folks dying from addiction is presently a part of the human condition. I am saddened by that.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by PKguitar
Exactly, and well said. Unfortunately, folks dying from addiction is presently a part of the human condition. I am saddened by that.
Almost a human epidemic here with all the opioid deaths recently.
Staggering numbers.

Edit:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Since officials in Erie County held a March 30 conference announcing the deaths of seven people in 24 hours from suspected opioid overdoses, 10 more people are suspected to have fallen victim to the drugs.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz and other county officials said there was a spike in opioid overdose deaths early in the year. One person died as a result of opioids every day for the first 19 days of 2017.

55 people are suspected to have died from opioids in just the first 40 days of 2017.

Last edited by repo; 06-29-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

thank you, of the 300 posts here there's been only a handful of jackasses commenting. I really appreciate the compassion most of you have for the situation.
There will be many more posts and a few more Jackasses that will twist things to fit their needs. But just know there is nothing anyone could have done. Enjoy the memories and the car like you know he would want you to. And give him a toast for me. You are both in my prayers.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:15 PM
WallyWest
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Sorry for your loss Snakec6.

I can't say it's surprising though. He seemed a bit too glib about his addiction. Wasn't denying it or anything, but didn't seem take it seriously either. I believe he knew what he needed to do, but just never quite got himself together enough to do it.

I would imagine he got a batch of the "new" heroin that is killing people right and left. Old school junkies know their dosages, but this stuff is 10x stronger than the old dope.

I personally don't understand how you get to that point. I'm at stage 1 right now. A legal Rx for Hydrocodone. Which is a fairly weak version of Oxy. I hate it. It makes me tired for days after taking even a few of them, there's absolutely nothing enjoyable about it. I probably won't even use all the pills I have. And that's how a lot of people graduate to heroin. I just don't get it. But everyone is wired differently I guess.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,060 Likes on 904 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug
Please let us know when you are done pissing on his grave.
Originally Posted by E in Phila
I hope you can beat your addiction to being a douche, but I fear you are too far gone.
This

Originally Posted by Sky High
I'm still living pal, unlike some other people.

You need to get off your little high horse and stop patting yourself on the back. It is quite pathetic and transparent to boot. A man just died and his friend has come here to tell us a little bit about the guy that most of us really did not know and your response is to brag that you are the man because you beat addiction and you told him he was not??

If your own story is true that is good for you..but what if all of us started piling on and beating you up over why you would have been so dumb to have traveled that dark road in the first place. Would that someone make us more wise that we never even went down that road to begin with. Please stop now, there is no benefit to anyone...not even yourself...telling the world "I told you so" to someone that has already passed.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:02 PM
J Carr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sky High
Nobody likes the truth on here. I don't sugarcoat anything.
You need to learn the stopping point. I actually appreciated your responses to him when he was alive because it seemed like real honesty. This is just you not knowing when to quit and how inappropriate it is. It has nothing to do with not "sugar coating ".
Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nitro-C5
This

You need to get off your little high horse and stop patting yourself on the back. It is quite pathetic and transparent to boot. A man just died and his friend has come here to tell us a little bit about the guy that most of us really did not know and your response is to brag that you are the man because you beat addiction and you told him he was not??

If your own story is true that is good for you..but what if all of us started piling on and beating you up over why you would have been so dumb to have traveled that dark road in the first place. Would that someone make us more wise that we never even went down that road to begin with. Please stop now, there is no benefit to anyone...not even yourself...telling the world "I told you so" to someone that has already passed.

Thank ******* god for guys like you here! This why I joined in the first place. You're right, I came here to tell you guys about someone I thought you all probably knew. He talked about it so much I felt compelled to reach out. And obviously he did because someone made a god damn thread about him and there's over 300 posts now. Obviously some disagreed about his choices and that's fine. The guy was still my best friend and would have given me the shirt off his back if I needed it. You know what he wrote on here and that gave some insight but you don't know the real ******* person. This might not mean much to those reading this. But The guy took me out for a steak for my birthday a few weeks ago something he never has done in all the years we were friends because drugs were too important and that money went there. This showed major effort on his part. He followed through with his word now.

Good for skyhigh for beating your addiction... You don't see me shitting on you because you were weak enough to start it. Save your narcissistic bullshit for another thread. I came here for support and to celebrate his life with the guys who enjoyed his antics not have dicks like you **** on him the day I had his funeral.

Last edited by snakec6; 06-29-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP

Old 06-29-2017, 11:36 PM
tomc8at
Race Director

Hey guys Jaren was my best friend! I miss him terribly
I think he had a couple of kids out of wedlock, maybe u can take them in..
Old 06-29-2017, 11:38 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

...Good for skyhigh for beating your addiction... You don't see me shitting on you because you were weak enough to start it. Save your narcissistic bullshit for another thread. I came here for support and to celebrate his life with the guys who enjoyed his antics not have dicks like you **** on him the day I had his funeral.
Bout sums it up. Sky and Nubs had a unique relationship here, Sky called it in the arrest thread. The odd thing to me was how each was trying to prove they were the worst (or best) junkie, I think I called it a junkie fight.

I was yelling at the TV recently on an Intervention binge when this one entitled whiney addict was acting like an idiot, this is how I envision Sky with his anger towards Nubs.

Sounds to me like misdirected anger, perhaps the anger at himself for being so weak to become an addict, and seeing the same weakness in Nubs.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:47 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by tomc8at
I think he had a couple of kids out of wedlock, maybe u can take them in..
They might fit your personality better

Quick Reply: Mr Nubain, 1980-2017, RIP