In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Taylor Sims owner of Dallas Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 06:27 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Default Taylor Sims owner of Dallas Performance

A good friend, Taylor sims 36 owner of Dallas Performance Died on June 7th testing a customers car. His shop really started in the corvette world so I thought I'd post it up since I didn't see anyone had mentioned it anywhere in the forums. Even though he moved his business towards the high end Lambo's and R8's he never forgot his roots and would help anyone when he could. He will be sorely missed by me and a lot of others. Its a huge loss to the automotive enthusiast alike. He had 3 kids two small boys and a wife he leaves behind. They did set up a go fund me page to help with all the expenses, not sure if he had life insurance, but all indicators so far leaning towards him not having any etc... Link to the go fund me page- https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-taylor-sims
Link to the news story- http://www.fox4news.com/news/man-die...hini-in-dallas

Last edited by inspector12; 06-10-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

I met Taylor a few times back when he started his first performance shop right before Dallas Performance. Nice guy and was truly loved in the car community. God speed Taylor.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
white01ss
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out the news today. I first met Taylor as a customer back in 2007 when he was working at C&S Performance. He had phenomenal fab skills even back then. After he went out on his own I would drop by his shop every now and again and he always remembered me and he would talk about what he's working on with such enthusiasm. He was one that was always pushing the envelope of what could be done. Such a down to earth, talented, approchable and humble man. He will be missed. RIP to his friends and family.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:08 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I was talking with Brett over the weekend he told me about it, he was a smart guy could do about anything on a car and machine work. But really hate it for his wife and small kids. RIP.. Robert
Old 06-11-2019, 10:33 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I woke up Saturday morning to a text I never wish I had gotten, such a sad situation... I didn't know him on a personal level but talked with him numerous times at his shop and he was always helpful with the little things even though he had million dollar plus cars all over the place being worked on, he also introduced me to Bret whom I became good friends with... I wish the best to his family, friends, and coworkers
Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 AM
RACER7088
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Jeff for posting. I worked with Taylor on and off for some years doing engine stuff and just talking to him about engine stuff and he was always a great guy in every way. So sad to lose him at such a young age and very sad for his young family as well. He was certainly a big Vette guy till he got so popular with the Lamborghini and Ferrari stuff and moved over to that but he still helped out his former Corvette people all the time. He will be missed for a long time and by a lot of people.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM
NeedaC6
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I was at the scene of the accident after it all happened....still in shock. Unfortunately it was a buddy's car that Taylor was driving. All of us close to him are taking it very hard. Great guy and friend.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:35 PM
TXWMH
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd seen him at the former Cars & Coffee meet in North Dallas, but didn't know him.

Way too young RIP.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Rip
Old 07-05-2019, 08:58 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

RIP buddy! Always had a good time with him racing.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:56 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

OMG. I’ve been following his builds for nearly twenty years.
A friend of mine lives around two miles from the accident scene.
Apparently it was a 90 degree night (meaning the tires weren’t cold) & it’s entirely possible someone (car or animal) entered his path. What a horrible situation for everyone involved. Prayers for his wife and children.

Get notified of new replies

To Taylor Sims owner of Dallas Performance

Quick Reply: Taylor Sims owner of Dallas Performance