Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member Katech Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Katech Z06

Hi Everyone,

I am a die hard 60's Ford guy who has become a traitor to my first love. I am a car enthusiast who always appreciated Chevy, Dodge, Porsche, BMW, etc. and kept my options open on the thought of a modern era hotrod. Well the C6 Z06 was love at first sight and now that sits in my garage alongside at 65 conv. supercharged mustang and a 67 Mercury Cougar restomod 351 supercharged. The Z06 is awesome and Katech has created a monster. I hope you guys can accept a guy who still digs Fords but who knows what's the best hotrod on the market today, the Z06 of course. I am a convert and look forward to getting into the corvette scene. This Katech vette is the actual prototype serial#1 Street Attack version built for Dick Barbour and featured in Corvette Monthly this month. Dick's a friend of mine and I worked out a deal for the car. I can't wait to get it on the track at Road Atlanta next month to stretch it's legs. I am a novice driver with a few track days under my belt, but still like to take a car to the redline just because that's what it was made for. I look forward to your feedback and trust you can accept a old Ford guy into the family.: :

Last edited by Lateral G's; 11-12-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM
TN 2005 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI, VII & XII Veteran
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Welcome aboard.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Welcome.

There seems to be some awesome cars in Acworth these days. I have an uncle who lives there with a 404ci '03 Z06. There's another member on this board with a C6 Z06 and Ford GT from there and there's a 590rwhp 911 running around there too. That's just a few of the guys I've seen.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Vettecaster
Racer

Default Congratulations!

Welcome to Bow Tie Land.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Originally Posted by Kappa
Welcome.

There seems to be some awesome cars in Acworth these days. I have an uncle who lives there with a 404ci '03 Z06. There's another member on this board with a C6 Z06 and Ford GT from there and there's a 590rwhp 911 running around there too. That's just a few of the guys I've seen.
Yes, I've noticed the same in this somewhat small suburb of Atlanta. We are in the new musclecar heyday - How Sweet It Is!!! Back in the 80's and 90's I never thought we would see a rebirth of interest in loads of horsepower for the masses.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
tylerz28ss
Instructor

I saw your car at Road Atlanta (Petite LeMans)...I took a few pics to inspire me to keep up the good work and I'll have one one day too...Awesome car!!! Glad to have ya here!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Originally Posted by TN 2005 C6
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome. Also liked your vette photos. I would think the museum delivery would have to be a blast, almost like seeing your new baby at the hospital for the first time (or maybe not quite that special - but close!)
Old 11-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Originally Posted by tylerz28ss
I saw your car at Road Atlanta (Petite LeMans)...I took a few pics to inspire me to keep up the good work and I'll have one one day too...Awesome car!!! Glad to have ya here!
Thanks for the compliment. What's funny is that I was at Road Atlanta and saw the car at the Katech tent, drooled over it, took some pics, and never had any interest in purchasing the car at the time. But one thing lead to another and it's sitting in my garage. Katech spent a lot of time with the original owner to make this car a dead on road racing machine which is entirely streetable, although it still is raucous which is a good thing. All I know is that I need to invest in a radar detector - already had a couple cops tail me closely even when I was being a good boy. It's good to be part of the vette family.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Originally Posted by Vettecaster
Welcome to Bow Tie Land.
I never thought I could handle being a die hard Ford enthusiast and a Chevy (Corvette) freak at the same time, but hey, that's what I am and it's not bad. It's sorta like having two girlfriend's at the same time.
Thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Annvette
Cruising

Default Welcome, Z06

Yes, what a car! I thought it was a little too "over the edge" for me... I'm a "diehard" Cadillac gal with my new sportster for fun driving. Annvette
Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Lateral G's
Navigator

Originally Posted by Annvette
Yes, what a car! I thought it was a little too "over the edge" for me... I'm a "diehard" Cadillac gal with my new sportster for fun driving. Annvette
Who says hot cars are just a guy thing. It's nice to see the ladies taking pride in their rides just as many of us guys do.:
Old 11-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Congratulations!

Get notified of new replies

To New Member Katech Z06

Quick Reply: New Member Katech Z06