Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again Tom, Thanks for the compliment on my 73 As I get older, I do have thoughts of a 'loaded' and comfy C5 or C6, but until then, I'll enjoy my 73 without any power options except for power steering (fewer gadgets, fewer problems) . Stay posted, I'm adding new pictures of my 73, the uploading is very slow, on the way now. I think there is an engine picture on its way - tell me what you think when you see it Keep your 99 on the road, and happy motoring , Bob
Originally Posted by MadTom
@Bob

I understand your love for the small local breweries in the south of Germany and for the Corvette . Your 73 Corvette is stunningly beautiful .
Thanks for the friendly reply

Tom

@chuck

Thanks and a friendly "hey" from Germany back to York

Tom
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
MadTom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Plum Different 73
Stay posted, I'm adding new pictures of my 73, the uploading is very slow, on the way now. I think there is an engine picture on its way - tell me what you think when you see it
Bob,

I'm anxious to looking for new pics of your 73 and the engine. The 73 is a specially Corvette with the chrombumpertail and the rubberfront. This color and the c3 dovetails nicely.
The sidepipes looks darned well and sounds surely perfect .

Which engine is there implemented ?

Happy vetting Tom
Old 02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Guttentag (sp?) Tom
I'm trying to send some pics directly to you in this thread. I've done it before, but can't remember how but I'm working on it. So if I can't make it happen with this post, check back later and maybe I'll have been successful
The engine is the original 350CI (5.7L) L48 only rated at 190 horse power, but all the pollution devices have been removed and it runs strong enough and fast enough for me. If you look at the pictures of the body, I have fiberglassed in the front (no rubber) and molded a fiberglass spoiler into the rear.
I'll be working on the pictures. The ones that I uploaded a couple days ago to go to my picture gallery are still showing as pending.
I guess you are about five hours later in Germany than I am here. I kind of keep up with that, as I have a daughter that lives in England.
Take care, and stay in touch. , Bob
Yea - I got an engine pic posted, I'll try to send some more. Name:  PICT0158 done 30 Jan.JPG
Views: 25
Size:  891.9 KB
Bob,

I'm anxious to looking for new pics of your 73 and the engine. The 73 is a specially Corvette with the chrombumpertail and the rubberfront. This color and the c3 dovetails nicely.
The sidepipes looks darned well and sounds surely perfect .

Which engine is there implemented ?

Happy vetting Tom
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Default More pictures maybe...

Hello again Tom I'm going to try to send some more pics...Name:  IMGP9032 done 30 Jan.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  328.5 KB

Name:  PICT0050.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  PICT0171.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  921.9 KB

Name:  PICT0053.JPG
Size:  114.5 KB

Name:  PICT0163.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  931.2 KB

Aufvideseine ?? Bob
Old 02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Default The rear spoiler

Name:  PICT0049.JPG
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  PICT0156.JPG
Views: 21
Size:  923.3 KBTired of me yet? Name:  PICT0049.JPG
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  PICT0156.JPG
Size:  923.3 KB
Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Default Still trying to send good pic of rear spoiler

It will soon be time for Tom to go 'gootnaught' I know I can't spell words, but I write them to sound like I remember them
After you told me yesterday of how much better the Autobahns are now than they were when I was there Wow, would I like to try them now. I thought they were fantastic then.

Guess I can't post any more pictures today...guess you'll just have to wait to get a better angle on looking at that rear spoiler... For sure - hope I haven't taken up too much of your time... Bob
Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 PM
MadTom
Advanced

[COLOR="Purple"][B][I]The engine is the original 350CI (5.7L) L48 only rated at 190 horse power, but all the pollution devices have been removed and it runs strong enough and fast enough for me. If you look at the pictures of the body, I have fiberglassed in the front (no rubber) and molded a fiberglass spoiler into the rear.

Hi (Guten Tag) Bob,
your german is nearly perfect .

Thanks for the pics and congratulations for being sucessful , your Corvette is an artwork and the filigree work in the engine compartment is simply great .
I have seen the spoiler at the rear, it fits in very well and furthered the complete design.

Your are right, it's half an hour past midnight now in Germany and that's Tom's bedtime...I'm nearly on the way .

Bye (auf Wiedersehen), I'm curious about more pics .

Tom

PS: Come back to Germany and I'll show you the "new" autobahn .
Old 02-02-2007, 10:19 PM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Willkommen zum Forum, und hertzliche Grüsse aus Wolcott Connecticut. Hab selbst 13 Jahre in Hamburg gelebt. Ich vermisse Jeva Bier, Asbach Uralt, Schwartzbrot, rote/grüne Grütze, und Frühstück Lebensmittel aus Dänemark.
Hummel, Hummel.

Schüss, Gerald R Tischer

Last edited by c5-pewter; 02-02-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Himmihergotzakramentzefixlujamileckamars chsheisseglumpfaregz.
One "nice" word I learned while living in Munich for 12 years.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:51 AM
MadTom
Advanced

Gerald,

Thanks. 13 years in Hamburg? That explains your very good german . Jever ist klasse...eine nette, kleine Stadt und gutes Bier .

Tschüss und herzliche Grüsse aus Deutschland

Tom

@eurostyle

I think, this is the most difficult word in the south of Germany and you've got it

Last edited by MadTom; 02-03-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Plum Different 73
Racer

(German Beer ) I see you are on the Forum today. When are you going to post some pictures of your Corvette for "Show and Tell"? From the rear quarter picture of it that I can see, it looks awsome! The wheels look really good from what I can see. Are the lights on the back set up a little different than the USA style?
I hope you are having a good day.
, BobName:  PICT0017z 061118 done 2 feb.JPG
Size:  141.7 KB

Name:  PICT0173 Zora Arkus-Duntov.JPG
Views: 26
Size:  906.9 KB

Name:  PICT0175a.JPG
Size:  506.2 KB
Hi (Guten Tag) Bob,
your german is nearly perfect .

Thanks for the pics and congratulations for being sucessful , your Corvette is an artwork and the filigree work in the engine compartment is simply great .
I have seen the spoiler at the rear, it fits in very well and furthered the complete design.

Your are right, it's half an hour past midnight now in Germany and that's Tom's bedtime...I'm nearly on the way .

Bye (auf Wiedersehen), I'm curious about more pics .

Tom

PS: Come back to Germany and I'll show you the "new" autobahn .
Old 02-03-2007, 08:44 AM
MadTom
Advanced

Hi Bob,

at the moment there are only baddly pics from my car. I hope in spring when the sun is shining and my canon is back from the repair, I will attend to it myself.
But I'll upload some pics this weekend.

Yes, the rear has been rebuilt. There are the same 4 EU-modell backlights, which were original only for brakelight and backuplight. With special bulb the signallight comes in yellow, when it's glowing.
It's trendy in europe to take clear lamps and it's fits perfect on a silver corvette in my opinion.

Thanks, I wish you a good day

Tom

PS: Very nice pics...I think, I MUST have a 73 corvette
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Tom and Gerald
After 35 years, I can read most of this
Ah, I remember the Asbach Uralt I think I had a little too much from time to time
, Bob
Originally Posted by c5-pewter
Willkommen zum Forum, und hertzliche Grüsse aus Wolcott Connecticut. Hab selbst 13 Jahre in Hamburg gelebt. Ich vermisse Jeva Bier, Asbach Uralt, Schwartzbrot, rote/grüne Grütze, und Frühstück Lebensmittel aus Dänemark.
Hummel, Hummel.

Schüss, Gerald R Tischer
Old 02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
MadTom
Advanced

Bob ,

I have the sense that it's a silly question, but what's it all about the engraving on the steering wheel ?

Tom
Old 02-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Not a silly question at all. That is the signature of Zora Arkus-Duntov, he saved the Vette back in the late 50's when General Motors was planning to do away with it. Check his name out on Google. He is my hero!
Before you decide you MUST have a 73 Corvette, remember that none are the same as Plum Different!
Compare...

, BobName:  PICT0013a.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  eng other 73 b.jpg
Size:  22.1 KB

Name:  PICT0011.JPG
Size:  574.9 KB
Bob ,

I have the sense that it's a silly question, but what's it all about the engraving on the steering wheel ?

Tom
Old 02-03-2007, 10:17 AM
MadTom
Advanced

You're right , I MUST have your 73 ´.

I know the difference, because I had an offer for buying a 74 Corvette in last autum .

OK, I 've found a curriculums ...your hero Zora had a stirring adventurous life...a greatly interesting life.

Tom
Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Plum Different 73
Racer

Tom
These are the other Corvettes that I've had. A 63 and a 74. The 74 is the only new one I ever had. My 73 is my first T Top.
Sorry, but you'll just have to manage without having my Plum Different
, Bob
Name:  63 corvette.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  141.6 KB

Name:  74 Vette01.jpg
Size:  148.4 KB

Name:  74 Vette02-454.jpg
Size:  127.1 KB
You're right , I MUST have your 73 ´.

I know the difference, because I had an offer for buying a 74 Corvette in last autum .

OK, I 've found a curriculums ...your hero Zora had a stirring adventurous life...a greatly interesting life.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To New member from germany

Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 PM
MadTom
Advanced

[COLOR="Purple"][B][I] Sorry, but you'll just have to manage without having my Plum Different

Bob ,
I had this foreshadowing...let's forget it .

The 63 convertible is also a very beautiful Corvette

Tom
Old 02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Default second message

[QUOTE=MadTom;1558797272]Gerald,

Thanks. 13 years in Hamburg? That explains your very good german . Jever ist klasse...eine nette, kleine Stadt und gutes Bier .

Tschüss und herzliche Grüsse aus Deutschland

Tom

So, Ich hab Jever falsch buchstabiert? Es ist schon eine lange Zeit (16 Jahre) seit dem Ich Deutschland besuchte. Ich wußte überhaupt nicht das Jever irgendwo eine Stadt ist. Jeden Tag lernt man etwas Neues.

Gestern hab Ich einen Engländer (natürlich auf Englisch =) ) begrüsst. Er hat gesagt das, in England, einiger massen Interesse auf Amerikanischen Autos existiert. Ich bin schon beinahe überall in Europa gewesen, und hab niemals ein Corvette gesehen. (Corvertte - der, oder die, oder das - welches ?)

Wie geht es in Deutschland, da es viel Auswahl mit Merzedes, BMW, Volkswagen usw. gibt? (Meine Frau hat ein VW Passat, und mein Sohn ein BMW Z-3)

Schüss, Gerald Tischer und prost

Last edited by c5-pewter; 02-03-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-03-2007, 05:00 PM
MadTom
Advanced

Gerald ,

Jever ist eine nette kleine typisch norddeutsche Stadt in Ostfriesland (you know?) 20 mls von der Küste und liegt westlich von Hamburg.

In D besteht natürlich sehr großes Interesse, wie auch im restlichen Europa, an deutschen Fahrzeugen. Hertsteller, wie BMW, Porsche. Mercedes und Audi haben guten Absatz, auch im Inland. BMW ist übrigens meine Marke seit über 25 Jahren und aktuell habe ich ein BMW E46 Coupe.

Aber ich habe auch das Gefühl, dass Interesse aufkommt an amerikanischen Fahrzeugen, wobei ich meinen ersten Pontiac auch vor bald 25 Jahren hatte.
Speziell bei Corvette gibt es doch einige Interessenten, die von Porsche oder auch Ferrari auf die aktuelle Z06 wechseln. Ausschlagebend ist sicher die recht positive Kritik in deutschen Automobilmagazinen, das Preis/Leistungsverhältnis und die sehr gute Fahrdynamik.
Dadurch kommen im Sog auch Interessenten zur normalen C6 oder C5.

Allerdings ist es in D etwas problematisch, was die Service- und Wartungsmöglichkeiten betrifft, da die offizielle Werkstattanzahl eine recht geringe Dichte hat.
Ich muss z.B. mind. 60mls km fahren um in eine offizielle Corvettegarage zu kommen, dagegen habe ich 6mls um 3 offizielle BMW Werkstätten zu erreichen.
Flexiblität und Kundenoriertierung ist sicher auch noch deutlich steigerungsfähig, wobei der Markt wohl auch für GM nicht wirklich interessant ist. Zudem sind die offiziellen Service- und Ersatzteilpreise recht hoch und wohl bald auf Porscheniveau.

Daneben entwickelt sich aber auch seit Jahren eine Fangemeinde der Mopars, Hotrods oder auch der Corvetten C1, C2, C3 oder C4 ZR-1früherer Zeiten, wobei einige Modelle in gutem Zustand sehr gesucht sind.

Die Corvettendichte in Europa und Deutschland ist gering und so ein Fahrzeug fällt hier deshalb gewaltig auf. In meiner Stadt zum Beispiel mit ~ 400.000 Einwohnern gibt es nach meinem Wissen 2x C3, meine C5, 1 C6 and 2x C6Z06.

Tom

Quick Reply: New member from germany