Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from GM Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:28 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought I responded to this in General yesterday, but Joe Alcoke in New Bern, NC provides superlative service.
Larry
Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM
mickey_7106
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Able Chevy in rio vista Ca....Richie WIhoff,

Hands down..
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
This is a very important reach out from GM. As a member since 2004 I have seen too many issues that members have had with terrible dealers. If you search you will find hundreds of posts from people who feel their local dealers are trying to rip them off by not honoring warranties. And dealers who cannot affect an oil change with out ruining an LS7 engine.

One of the preeminent dealers that I have noticed is Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista CA, represented by Rich W the manager and a fellow Corvette owner. I have never heard a single disparaging comment about him or Abel Cheverolet. He is always on here answering Forum members questions and is a great representative for GM.

I wish he was closer to me but rely on his knowledge and order parts from him. And although I hope my current Z06 lasts forever, if it doesn't I will be getting my next car for Rich at Abel Chevy

DH
Originally Posted by Incon306
Amen! Abel Chevrolet has the best service department out of any dealership i've ever dealt with.
Originally Posted by 8mywal8
Able is tops!!!!
Rich at abel is always there to help me out
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
l1dws
Racer

Another vote for Able Chevy in Rio Vista CA. They can fix anyhing and make you feel like your their best customer ever !!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by l1dws
Another vote for Able Chevy in Rio Vista CA. They can fix anyhing and make you feel like your their best customer ever !!!!
Agreed. Their service is the best.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Abel Chevrolet Rich Wilhof

I not only take my car to Abel Chevrolet, but I will send my customers there as well for anywork needed. I totally trust and constantly recommend Abel Chevrolet to everyone with a Corvette or any GM car.
The service manager John, and Parts manager Rich Wilhof are so knowledgable about the corvettes.
You feel total confidence when you drive away, knowing they will totally take care of your car, and you always get it back cleaner than when you took it in.

Steve@RaceSpecialtyDesigns.com
Old 03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
I would like to formally introduce myself as a Customer Assistance Representative from the GM Social Media group. The GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over sixty forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. While I am not able to provide technical assistance, I am able to help in terms of customer assistance.

Brent
GM Customer Service
Brent ...

If you have a couple of minutes, would you read over this thread and tell me why the current 2011 GM / Corvette website is wrong as to what optional wheels are available on the base 2011 Coupe.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...s-my-idea.html

Thank's ... That would be a big help!

Ron,
Old 03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Able Chevy in rio vista Ca....Richie WIhoff,

Hands down..
Rich is the best.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

Another vote for Abel in Rio Vista. I drive by several dealerships on the way to make the 45 minute drive to their dealership and I'm never tempted to shorten my trip!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

I also agree about Abel and Richie. Richie has owned 3 Corvettes that I know of and with Richie at Abel, I know that they will go the extra mile to make sure our Corvettes are well taken care.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Rich Wilhoff and Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista Ca is in a league all of their own and has raised the bar as far as service and customer satisfaction is concerned.
These people are role models and epitomizes on how all GM dealerships should be run.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 AM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Thank you all for your welcomes! They are greatly appreciated.

Rick T, I am going to be taking over for Geoff. I also monitor another forum at digitalcorvettes.com in an attempt by GM to provide Customer Service to as many Corvette enthusiasts as possible.

I do have a general question for everyone. As a GM Customer Service Representative, I would like to know maybe what dealers you have all went to that you trust to work on your vehicles. I know a lot of you perform your own work and for that I give major kudos, but I have noticed some people going to dealers and having poor experiences. I wonder if it is because the dealer is not as familiar with Corvettes as some of the others out there. For those that do not work on their vehicle themselves, I would love to start to compile a list of dealers that have been "tested" and proven to have done great work. Any feedback about possible dealers for the list would be great.

I am very excited to learn from all of you as your knowledge of these vehicles far exceeds my own. I will be able to assist in many areas, but technical support I will leave to the professionals. I thank you for allowing me to monitor and learn from your posts.

Brent
GM Customer Service

Welcome to the Forum Brent.

Would you also want to know about a dealer who was careless enough to crack my rocker panels?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 AM
guappy
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 AM
TWISTERUP
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Forum
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

Welcome to the forum Brent. Another happy Abel Chevrolet customer here. Rich Wilhoff is the best as far as customer service goes. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 AM
jcb5565
Burning Brakes

Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista CA. They have always gone the extra mile for me.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Default Wheels Options

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Brent ...

If you have a couple of minutes, would you read over this thread and tell me why the current 2011 GM / Corvette website is wrong as to what optional wheels are available on the base 2011 Coupe.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...s-my-idea.html

Thank's ... That would be a big help!

Ron,
Ron,

I cannot answer as to why the information on the website is incorrect according to the information provided. What I can answer is that you should use caution when you add options to your vehicle that are not options for your vehicle via the dealer or website directly.

If you were to add wheels to your Corvette that are not options offered by the dealers or by Chevrolet in general, you may void your warranty. I would check into this before making any purchasing decisions.

You did mention you have five months until you are back in the States in which case, if you are in the military, I thank you for your service and appreciate it greatly.

I would definitely check out whether adding wheels that are not original options will void the warranty. That would be where I started with my decisions. This will avoid frustration down the road. If you are not worried about the warranty in any way, please disregard this post. This is just a heads up.

I hope this helps.

Brent
GM Customer Service
Old 03-14-2011, 11:07 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'19

Welcome to the group, Brent -- and thanks for being involved.

It's starting to sound like a "stuck record", but here's another vote for the crew at Abel in Rio Vista. Everyone at Abel has been great. Rich and John, parts and service managers, respectively, service writer, Nick, and Vette tech, Jim, all have customer-oriented attitudes. They're part of a very unique dealership that does their best to satisfy their customers.

Get notified of new replies

To Greetings from GM Customer Service

Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
LisaJohn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ALVetteFan
Welcome to the Forum Brent.

Would you also want to know about a dealer who was careless enough to crack my rocker panels?
Even after I specifically took the jacking pucks out of the rear compartment and showed them to the service writer and got down on my knees and showed where they were to be installed. If my husband or I can't fix something ourselves my vette will never go to our local dealer.
L
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 AM
WaFp
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the forum

I've gotta throw another huge for Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA. The entire crew down there has always gone the extra mile for me and my Vette. They have truly earned not only my business, but my respect as well.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:15 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Welcome to the forum Brent. It is good to know that GM/Chevrolet is taking customer satisfaction more seriously. I too will be taking my Vette to Able because my local Chevy dealer is lacking. It is further for me to take it to Abel but they have a dedicated Corvette crew and I can be comforted in knowing that they are knowledgeable about Corvettes and take care of Corvette owners who can be very paranoid about their rides.

Quick Reply: Greetings from GM Customer Service