Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from the Space Coast of Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 05:48 PM
CoasterBill
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hello from the Space Coast of Florida

Hi,
I just got confirmation (actually 4 days ago) that my 2016 Corvette Coupe had a build date of July 17th. I am ordering it through MacMulkin and will be picking it up in mid to end August. It is a 2016 Coupe in Laguna Tintcoat Blue, with 2LT, performance exhaust, spoiler and Navigation/PDR. That is all I am getting. I don't even know the price yet.

As far as myself goes - I fell in love with a 2014 when I was at the Corvette Museum to visit Beech Bend Amusement Park and decided to start saving for it. I am into riding roller coasters for fun (have ridden over 750 different ones around the world and am going to the UK soon to ride them over there). I also like to play certain types of video games on my XBOX 360 and my PS3 (I hope to upgrade sometime but don't have the money right because I have been saving so hard for the Vette). I have been selling most of my roller coaster collection over the least 9 months to get my down payment. I currently am driving an Orange Hyundai Veloster Turbo which is in great shape and I guess I will have to sell. It is a really nice little pseudo-sports car. If anybody knows how to sell it and get the most out of it, please let me know. I know - Private sale though Craigslist is probably the best but I am uncomfortable about doing that.

As for roller coasters, I have been a member of American Coaster Enthusiasts for almost 35 years and attended our annual convention for 32 out of 38 years. I am not attending this year because I need the money for the Vette.

This 2016 Vette is my third and probably last. The first car I had in my name was a blue 1966 300 HP convertible back in 1969. My second was a black 1965 convertible I got back in 1978 just before graduating from college. I am retired and my wife says this is my last sports car (she said that about my last 2 cars - A Honda CR-Z and my Veloster).

I like my Apply iPad/iPhone and do some work on my computer. I live in the Space Coast in Florida (in Cocoa, FL) and can watch the rocket launches from my front door. I have been retired from Customer Support at a Software company for over 2 years now. It was really a tough job and getting tougher all the time because we were working with Power Companies and they were very strict.

One last thing. I took my first cruise on the Celebrity Reflections just before I retired. So far I have taken 5 other cruises and have another scheduled. Love seeing new places and relaxing. I hope to, before my body gives out or my money becomes an issue, visit Switzerland (again), Scandinavia (again) along with St. Petersburg and Estonia, Hawaii, Japan, China, Australia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Lots of big plans but I am not rich by any means so I have to be prudent with my money.

Well I guess that is everything. Hope to go to some Corvette shows and enjoy my brand new 2016 Corvette for a long while.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:48 AM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Glad to hear you finally have a build date!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome and congrats on your new C7!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:10 AM
guappy
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome

Get notified of new replies