BEFORE YOU POST and Intro info =) - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > New Member > Intros
Reload this Page >

BEFORE YOU POST and Intro info =)

Notices
Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEFORE YOU POST and Intro info =)

Old 02-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Jpriesting

Default Hello all

guess I should’ve started with the intro before jumping into the prob. So hello from tn. 1995 c4 owner
Old 02-04-2018, 04:21 PM
Tired dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Hello from Ringgold Georgia

Just purchased my first Corvette which is 1974 from a good friend . I look forward to learning from all of you c3 owners
Old 02-06-2018, 06:39 PM
captusn

Default C6 from Prescott, AZ

Fourth Corvette: 1967 convertible, 2002 C5 (totaled by lojack technician who took it for a joy ride after installing Lojack), 2003 C5 convertible, and 2005 C6. Glad to be back.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:38 PM
keykapking

Hi, I have a 99 Corvette that my son gave me when he bought his 2006 Corvette. Had it a few years now and absolutely love it. I figured I would sign up here and try to learn more about the car I love so much. Thanks
Old 02-14-2018, 03:12 PM
COLLINS87

Hello everyone. I just signed up today. I am in the market for a polo green LT1 or LT4 6speed car. I am from Charlotte, NC. I am a tech for BMW and have a very good friend with a garage full of C4's. This is where the urge to purchase one has come from. I hope to hear a response from the gentleman on here so i can become a owner!
Old 02-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Disc0ant

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony from Queens NY and a few months ago I bought my favorite Corvette. A 1980 C3, all original with 68,000 miles and a 4 speed. Needs some minor work like paint and what not but she drives amazing. I have always been a fan of Corvettes and have sold and owned many over the past 10 years but I finally decided to stop dream of a C3 and pulled the trigger
Old 02-17-2018, 10:17 PM
elegant
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,422 Times in 689 Posts

Originally Posted by COLLINS87 View Post
Hello everyone. I just signed up today. I am in the market for a polo green LT1 or LT4 6speed car. I am from Charlotte, NC. I am a tech for BMW and have a very good friend with a garage full of C4's. This is where the urge to purchase one has come from. I hope to hear a response from the gentleman on here so i can become a owner!
COLLINS87, welcome aboard; sending you a PM in a few minutes.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:33 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Welcome to all the new members and owners It's best if you start your own thread below when introducing yourselves
Enjoy CF and your new rides
Old 02-24-2018, 08:41 AM
3betsvette

Default Proud owner of my first Corvette

Hello everybody- My name is James I live in the bay area just north of the San Franscico. July of last year I bought a 95 C4 corvette with 37k miles on her I am now the 3rd owner. The car was maintained but not well maintained but hell it's still the nicest car I have ever owned, so I'm not complaining just explaining. This is not my first GM product but it is my first corvette. So I have come to your forum seeking knowledge, I hope to find the answers to my many questions regarding issues of maintance and general upkeep . I have the service manuals and have become friends with the local dealership parts manager in the last 6 months. the dealership has 0.12 parts for my car and outside of the person in the part room honestly the dealerships have been less then helpfull. The Vette is an awsome car but being 23 years old she has parts that have worn out from just sitting, some on the important side and others on the to be addressed ASAP colomn next to my honey do list. What I have come to find out to my dismay is that parts for my car are pretty much unavailable unless I want aftermarket. I thought since the corvette is still being made parts would not be a problem. There goes that whole thinking thing again, and what good did it do?? 0 zero. I Just replaced the origional radiator hoses on her and getting the correct clamps cost me more then the upper and lower hoses priced individually. SOrry I've been sick this last week so I'm a little spacey at the moment. Anyway I feel overwhelmed by the amount of work needed to get her up to date on her services etc. She is my everyday driver, so any repairs need to be done as quickly as possible while not cutting corners on materials or thhe work. SOoo.... thanks for everything and for taking the time to read my intro as long as it is. Sorry about that - J
Old 02-27-2018, 05:20 PM
triedntested63

Default New member

Hello everyone. My name is Kelly and I'm the proud owner of a 1963 corvette roadster the same year me and the Mrs are born in ! ,Daytona blue on blue # 726 off the line . I've had the car for 24 years now and it's still a work in progress ! It's originally from the Los Angeles area sold at the Compton Chev dealership but made it's way up here in B.C. Canada in 1994. Always looking for the first owners or some history on the car. The 340 hp ,327, is long gone but the original tranny, bell housing,flywheel,and over flow tank match the car. Along the way I took off the fender flares,put on a 427 hood,and installed a 454 with side pipes. It's been a fun car to play with for sure ! I'm looking forward to meeting new members along the way and will be needing parts in the future .Cheers !
Old 03-12-2018, 02:22 PM
ltomn
CF Senior Member

Please explain the small, different colored stars under a participant's name. I have looked high and low and cannot find anyt reference to then. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Vette_DD
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ltomn View Post
Please explain the small, different colored stars under a participant's name. I have looked high and low and cannot find anyt reference to then. Thank you in advance.
HELP forum, Stars and Member Designation Definition

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-defined.html

When all else fails, look in the HELP forum.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:18 PM
ltomn
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vette_DD View Post
HELP forum, Stars and Member Designation Definition

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-defined.html

When all else fails, look in the HELP forum.
Thank you a bunch!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:36 PM
mountianvette

Hi everyone, long time reader. Just got around to registering. 95% of all my modifications were researched here first in the C-3 forums. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting their personal experiences. I have a 1969 stingray and a 1967 Sting Ray. The 69 will be for sale in the C3 forum. The 67 is a new project and I look forward to continuing to use this forum for a great source of knowledge.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:13 PM
JETSTEEL
CF Member

What's Up everyone...sorry I'm just getting around to introducing myself .I live in N.Carolina I'm 47 and a very proud owner of a 1987 white with blue interior corvette that I just bought this month( March 7 2018),this is my first corvette ever,I always dreamed of maybe one day I could be the owner of one of these true American muscle cars,I'm the third and final owner of my corvette,I'll never get rid of it,I bought it from a private owner who had it for 3 years covered and stored in his garage...it has 93,000 miles on it and I got it for a steal of $4,000,he actually wanted $4,200,but he said he would take $4,000 cash for it,I new as soon as I seen it and started it up and feeling that power underneath me,she was coming home with me...I still look at my vette and think WOW I'm actually the owner of this beautiful automobile...I'm new to this whole experience so please be patient with me,I may have a lot of questions,I've ready learned so much already,and I really appreciate it guys...Thanks

Last edited by JETSTEEL; 03-24-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:34 PM
nallen18

Default Noob to the Forum

I'm new to the forum, 1st time I've had a Vette since kids were born....stays in the blood! I've got a 2008 C6 3LT Z51 package....I'll call it a barn find. It's got 8200 miles on
it at date of purchase a few weeks ago, it lived it's whole life in Pinehurst, NC. New Vettes - lots of changes - lots of gizmos but still "very fast" and handle so much better.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:31 PM
Papagayle

Default A newbee needs a little HELP!

Hi guys and gals, yep I'm a newbee. Finally got the college loans paid off, my retirement is funded, time now for me to enjoy the ride of a lifetime. Did a lot of research, kicked a lot of tires and waited till I located the color and features I was looking for, a 2008 C6, Magnetic red, tan interior, 6 speed manual, Targa roof, of course heated seats for the wife! and low mileage.

But I have a little problem, I've been out of town, the battery died, and now I can't get in the vehicle to get to the hood release. Yeah, I left the emergency key in the vehicle. So how do you get into a C6 without power or the key for the trunk?
Old 03-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Papagayle

Papagayle here. Got a little ahead of myself and forgot to add a little about myself. Located in Raleigh, NC, this is my first vette. I'm 5 days away from retirement, by choice, and looking forward to some serious cruzin'. As most of us I've always wanted one. Had a friend in high school whose brother had a 1967 convertible. Loved it when my friend would get to take it out! Nothing like cruzin' around the hometown in a Corvette convertible. But when I first saw the C6, I knew that was the one! Putting together the colors and features takes a lot of patience, but it's paid off. I have a lot of questions, but let's take one at a time. Thank you for any and all who respond.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:38 PM
DaveTranchina

Default Request commentary on a specific topic

How do I send a question out to the forum members?
I'm looking for input or feedback on a certain topic.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:14 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by DaveTranchina View Post
How do I send a question out to the forum members?
I'm looking for input or feedback on a certain topic.
You could create your own thread with a poll ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BEFORE YOU POST and Intro info =)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: