Dealer satisfaction survey

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
BrettC6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dealer satisfaction survey

Hi all,

i just had my dealer call me up and have a shot at me becouse i didnt answer 'completely satisfied' in all boxes. has anyone else had any experiences with this?

i now have a letter from an independant survey about my experience which im yet to fill out.

Brett
Old 08-18-2005, 05:31 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is Bob at Fichtner Chevrolet,

The dealer survey GM uses like a report card on the dealer. GM looks at anything less than COMPLETELY SATISFIED as almost a failing grade. The dealer overall CSI score which is from the sales and any warranty service survey. Smart dealers also use it as a measuring stick on how well their departments are and where improvements need to be made. Obviously a Completely Satisfied customer is the goal of GM and most dealers. If dealers have low CSI scores it affects their warranty autorization capability, their participation in GM Contests, and even the availability of that dealer to order certain vehicles as they come available. It will directly affect a dealers pocketbook. Some dealers also use it as an incentive for bonuses etc. for department heads or other employees.

Now your dealer was WAY OUT OF LINE in getting on you for being honest. That should never happen. It sounds like an employee got his tail end chewed out and may be under one of the above situations.
The way we handle the surveys here is to tell the customer ahead of time, either at vehicle delivery or when picking up their vehicle from warranty service that they will be receiving a survey from GM. Any question they can't honestly answer completely satisfied would they kindly contact us to discuss it before they send the survey in. Then after that if they still can't answer completely satisfied we have an idea of where a correction on our end needs to be made. It is being proactive instead of reactive.

Bob
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Great info thanks Bob
Old 08-19-2005, 05:49 PM
BrettC6
Advanced

Thanks for the info Bob,

thats what i was thinking 'proactive instead of reactive'

i thought an honest answer would have been useful than ticking all 'completely satisfied' boxes, as i wasnt completely satisfied. i was never informed of the survey, it just arrived in my mail so i filled it out and sent it back.

yes an employee got his ear chewed out, which was suprising since i wrote i was overall pretty happy in the comments part.

the only gripe i had was nobody told me anything about service intervals or information on recalls. when i asked the service guy he didnt know either. i found all that info on this website.

Brett
Old 08-19-2005, 06:36 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Anytime we can be of assistance feel free to ask or email me at parts@fichtnerchevrolet.com. I have even helped others thru messy waranty situations and how to handle them properly.

Bob
Old 08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
carjon
Burning Brakes

If dealers did what they are supposed to they wouldn't worry about surveys. I hate it when dealers and any others tell me to contact them first before the survey. On a boat I just bought they want me to return the survey to them first - in return for 2 cheap tee shirts - fat chance.

Now I never got a survey from my Corvette dealer and from its service dept. Wish I had - they wouldn't have liked it and they know about it.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I always fill mine out and send them in. I never got a call. I just tell the truth, if they don't like it, to bad.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Wes Smith
Racer

Unfortunately, my dealer spent more time telling me about the survey then he did discussing the car.......I didn't really need anything from him anyway but clearly that was his primary concern.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
It'sHerVette!
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Our local dealer actualy has a sticker on his service bills that asks that you contact them first if not satisfied so they have a chance to make it right.

A lot better than F#*D who just tells you what to do with yourself!

Last edited by It'sHerVette!; 10-06-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 PM
cmdrzero
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 14 Posts

Default GM Survey

I got my c6 several weeks ago from Kerbeck. I received my survey from GM a couple weeks ago. Answering honestly I had to say my experience was mediocre at best on several factors. Maybe they don't want to hear it. GM hasn't contacted me about my concerns. Neither has Kerbeck. You'd think they would. With that said, it's a helluva car and I still have a smile on my face.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Black04Vert
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My dealer gave me free oil changes for life if I returned the survey to them to discuss it before I sent it in.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM
kenjisan
Heel & Toe

Default Dealer Survey

If you want to see how it is done right, buy a car or have it seviced at EVS Chevrolet, in Random Lake , Wi. 800-657-0749. The survey is no good because it doesnt have a place to check off " OVERWHELMED".

They not only want to sell cars and stay in business but also make sure that you get the car you want. The salesman I dealt with, Chris, spent more than 2 hours with me ( on his day off- because I entered as he was leaving and asked if he could help ). We drove every combination of C6's. Convertible with automatic and manual transmission, top up and top down and the coupe , both manual and automatic, with and without Nav. Highway and city plus a used C6 with a Corsa exhaust. And then asked if there were any I would like to try again. It pays to deal with one of the largest Corvette outlets in the Midwest.

Needless to say I bought a convertible , 6spd automatic from them. Even thought I had already signed a contract for a coupe I changed my mind a few days later, and still got a discount. Not once did anyone say we " we cant do that ".

Even after I picked up the car and found a problem with the Nav data base. Their efforts to find out what could be done was more than I expected. Unfortunatly the Nav data base company, GDT/TeleAtlas doesnt have the same business attitude . Mr Wm Fink is busy selling corrupt data disc and doesnt have time to talk to customers.

Interesting that the " survey " doesnt seem to care about how the product is rated. If Chevrolet was really interested in the complete picture they might ask about how the product is rated or problem areas they might improve on. The way the survey is directed the dealer could be perfect in every way and be selling YGO's.

I hope my comments help someone
Old 10-04-2005, 06:12 PM
LS9
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrettC6

i just had my dealer call me up and have a shot at me becouse i didnt answer 'completely satisfied' in all boxes. has anyone else had any experiences with this?

Brett
My dealer got pissed off. The problem was, they screwed up on numerous occasions and deserved the heat.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:21 PM
denali
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Needless to say I bought a convertible , 6spd automatic from them.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Ebbsnflows
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

all of this is very good info. Thanks for posting Bob. I learned a lot about the process. Glad to have guys like you on this board to give us a look from an insider's perspective.

I'm also glad to hear the positive side of a dealer transaction. It seems that we're always quick to criticize but slow to praise. The effort required to type compliments is the same as it is to type critcism. I'm just saddened by the fact that the praise is always directed toward dealerships that are 20 hours away. I wish we had just ONE good dealership in my area.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

well, i personally dont put any stock in the survey.

when i bought my vette, the dealer screwed me on some scratched wheels, slammed them for that. then it had to go back 5 times now for a wind/water leak in the top 3 times for the dealer where i bought the car, and every time i fill it out honestly telling them that the problem is not fixed and im not happy. i have yet to have anyone from that dealer call me and ask me to bring the car back to be fixed correctly.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 AM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

What it boils down to is GM is trying to make many dealers join the 21st century and not doing business as it was done in years past. It is also one of the few ways that GM can gauge the quality of the dealers. Each dealer is an independant business that signs a franchise type agreement with GM. It's the individual dealers decision on how they respond to their customers. When you have dealers that are only concerned with selling that car; and if there are so many potential customers for them to draw from that if they tic off a customer there is always more out there. It is a shame that some business people have that attitude but it is a fact of life. It's not just in the car business either but in all fields of business. Some people just don't get it, and its unfortunate that the rest of us get the privelege of living with them.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer satisfaction survey

Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
It'sHerVette!
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Our dealer is paranoid about the survey. Every time we have any issues we discuss with the service manager and he gives the guilty parties an attitude adjustment. We had a small discussion today about an idiot who told us he was going to order a part in August and didn't then he said it came in and they sent it back because it wasn't used. Hard to install it if they didn't call us! They finally ordered it last week and it's bein g installed tomorrow. The SM saif he will be looking for a new parts guy. He also said, remember to be positive on the survey. We will because, in the long run their service has been above average and they don't give us any grief on warranty work.

While there are sometimes a few bumps in the road the survey helps to keep dealers who may be so inclined from straying from the straight and narrow.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
carjon
Burning Brakes

My issue with these survey's is that they are all or nothing. Get it with all my cars - if you don't get the top grade then you fail. GM and the rest should look at these as methods to help improvement and not as punishment. Dealers (and everyone else) are never or very rarely perfect. A customer is also, even though always right, never perfect. And even if I talk to the service manager who says he'll fix this in the future, doesn't fix my past service problem. I used to tell them that I'm going to be honest. If they give good service, I'll tell them - if bad I'll tell them that.

For my BMW's I refuse to answer any survey. They call at dinner time or get the name wrong or anything else. For my Corvette, I 've never been called which is too bad because I do have something to say about the dealer that I won't even drive past anymore.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Floridasky
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

A couple years ago I had my 2002 Monte Carlo into servcie at MORON (Maroone) Chevrolet in Pembroke Pines for an OnStar problem. Still did work the next day. Completed the survey by checking issue not repaired. My service writer and was outright rude that I would reply like this. The best part, they gave me a rental and replaced very part of the OnStar.

Quick Reply: Dealer satisfaction survey