Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 02:21 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

This is part 2 of my weekly newsletter. It is a new separate section dedicated to Corvette Promotional material!

Please call or email me for any other Corvette or automotive needs including Vehicle Sales, GMPP, Promotional Material, Production and Allocation Questions here:
Phone: 406-628-4618, Fax: 406-628-2025
Email: kenfichtner@hotmail.com

Please take a moment to visit the following web page where you can view photos of a few of the items that we are offering at discounted prices to Corvette Forum members:
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/corvetteken/parts.html

1) Promotional Models

Special Corvette Z06 Combo
When Chevy decided it was time to take off the gloves and respond to the challenge of their competitors with a new, more-ferocious-than-eve Corvette, the first thing on their list was a little history lesson. After a little digging, the Chevy engineers came across the original Z06 concept conceived by chief engineer, Zora Arkus-Duntov for the 1963 Sting Ray. The idea of a race-reary Corvette that could be bought right off the showroom floor was exactly what they were looking for.

As a result of the success of the Z06 for 2001 Chevrolet authorized a special promo package that includes: Two 1:25 scale plastic promotional models pre-colored in Red. The 1963 has a black interior and the 2001 has a modified red/black Z06 interior.

We are offering this two-pack at a cost of $65.00 including shipping & handling with insurance.

1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe Combo
Originating as far back as the 1959 XP-720 program, the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray was the brainchild of GM stylists Bill Mitchell and Larry Shinoda. By the time the '63 rolled around, the all-new Vette had become a car with more passenger and luggage room, better ride and handling, and better performance. Owing much to the experimental CERV-1 race car, the Sting Ray design employed a frame-mounted differential with U-jointed halfshafts linked by a transverse leaf spring. And of course, who could forget that boattail rear deck and split window. People either loved it or hated it, but everybody talked about it. In fact many enthusiasts still regard the original Sting Ray as simply the best Corvette ever.

In commemoration of this unique car Chevrolet authorized the release of a special promo package that includes: Two 1:25 scale plastic promotional models pre-colored in Bronze and Black with highly detailed chassis and interiors.

We are offering this two-pack at a cost of $53.00 including shipping & handling with insurance.

2001 Promos Have Arrived!!!

We are offering the following promos for 2001:

1963 Split Window Coupe Promo
Silver exterior with black interior. This is new addition and it is beautiful!! Forum member price $33 including shipping/insurance.

2001 Coupe Promo
Black exterior with oak interior. Forum member price $33 including shipping/insurance.

2001 Convertible
White exterior with red interior. Forum member price $33 including shipping/insurance.

2001 Hardtop Z06
Millennium Yellow with black interior. Forum member price $33 including shipping/insurance.

Quantities are once again very limited so please call Bob at 406-628-4618 to place your order. Last year several Forum members were disappointed that they couldn't purchase a promo.

We also have promotional models from years past. Please call or email me if you are looking for anything specific.

Watch this section for a listing in future issues.

2) Promotional Literature

I have several brochures from past model years available at reasonable prices.
Here is a current listing of what I have:

1971 Corvette Brochure 5
1976 Corvette Brochure 3
1979 Corvette Brochure 4
1981 Corvette Brochure 2
1982 Corvette Brochure 2
1984 Corvette American Exotic 8
1985 Corvette Sheet 93
1986 Corvette Sheet 65
1988 Corvette Brochure 17
1993 Corvette Brochure 5
1994 Corvette Brochure 12
1995 Corvette Brochure 7
1997 Corvette Brochure 3
1998 Corvette Sheet 44
1998 Corvette Brochure 9

Email me at KenFichtner@hotmail for pricing and availability.

Thanks for taking the time to read this section of this weeks' news!