Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Default When Does the GMPP Expire?

When does the GMPP expire if I buy it before the 12 months/12K miles are up?

How about if I buy it when I've got 24 months and 30K miles on the car?

Obviously, I'm asking the question for others, since I recently bought a GMPP from Fichtner Chev.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hello!

Thanks for your post and thanks for your business.

Here are several FAQs for all of you...

Have a great day,
Ken Fichtner

When does a GM Protection Plan begin?
The term and mileage of coverage is calculated from the date of contract purchase and the current odometer mileage on the vehicle. There are two forms of pricing available:New and Used. "New" consists of any vehicle that has been in service up to 12 months and up to 12,000 miles on the odometer. "Used" is any vehicle that has been in service for more than 12 months and up to 12,000 miles on the odometer.

When does a GM Protection Plan end?
Vehicle service contracts purchased on all vehicles end at the time or mileage selected.

All vehicle service contracts and Smart Care vehicle maintenance contracts end at the time or mileage selected (whichever comes first) calculated from the date of contract purchase and odometer mileage at time of contract purchase. For example, a 24,000-mile plan, purchased for a vehicle with 40,000 miles, will end when the odometer reaches 64,000 miles (unless the time period expires first).

My vehicle is covered by the manufacturer's limited warranty. Why should I purchase a GM Protection Plan?
The manufacturer's warranty generally is for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Most customers drive their vehicle more than 36,000 miles in three years.
Consider purchasing the GM Protection Plan for your GM vehicle if you want to decrease your financial exposure to repair costs!

Why should I purchase the plan before the end of the first 12 months/12000 miles of ownership?
The plan prices are significantly lower if you purchase the plan within this period of time.

I thought GM vehicles were good vehicles. Why do I need a GM Protection Plan?
GM vehicles are designed, assembled and tested to very high standards, but components used in today's vehicles are extremely complex and expensive to repair. Purchasing a GM Protection Plan provides financial security against the rising cost of unexpected repair expense. Today's GM Protection Plan will protect you against future costs for covered repairs.

How does roadside assistance work?
The motor club for the GM Protection Plan provides roadside assistance. Customer services include a toll-free number 24 hours-a-day anywhere in the United States and Canada for:
• Flat tire change
• Towing
• Battery jump
• Locksmith/Key service
• Out-of-gas fuel delivery

Authorization for emergency roadside assistance is available for any disablement of the vehicle with reimbursement of up to $50 for the assistance services.

How does the rental work?
GM Protection Plan will pay the cost to rent a replacement vehicle or pay for public transportation. The limit is $35 per day and a maximum of $175 per repair visit if the vehicle is accepted for repairs or services covered by either the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or a Major Guard or Value Guard contract.

The repair or service must require two or more manufacturer's labor time guide hours or needs to be kept in the repair facility overnight. (Please see contract for details.)

The total dollar limit per repair visit will be increased to a maximum of $280 if the repairs are delayed because of a parts delay. The GM Protection Plan must be notified of the delay within the first five (5) days of the rental period. Rental reimbursements will be made only for rental vehicles obtained through GM dealerships or licensed rental agencies.

What types of vehicles does the GM Protection Plan cover?
Most cars, light-duty trucks and vans.

Are vehicles other than GM models covered under the GM Protection Plan?
Yes. Non-GM vehicles sold through GM dealers and affiliated GM dealers are covered.

Is a GM Protection Plan available for lease vehicles?
Yes. See Smart Protection.

Is a GM Protection Plan available for company-owned vehicles?
Yes.

Is a GM Protection Plan available for employees?
Yes. Employees, retirees and surviving spouses of General Motors may purchase, with special pricing, GM Protection Plan Major Guard on vehicles that have been in service up to 12 months and have up to 12,000 odometer miles.

How much does the GM Protection Plan cost?
The cost depends on the vehicle and the plan selected. Vehicle considerations include: make/model, age, odometer mileage, new or used. The plan selected will vary in cost depending on the level of coverage, deductible and months/miles selected.

Quick Reply: When Does the GMPP Expire?