Date: June 23, 2006

Subject: 05112D – Customer Satisfaction Program
Painted Roof Adhesive Separation
Vehicle Population and Service Procedure Revised

Models: 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette with Painted Roof

To: All Chevrolet Dealers

Attention: Service Manager, Parts Manager
and Warranty Administrator

Customer Satisfaction Program Bulletin 05112C was released on June 7, 2006 via GM Administrative Message WIR20060307.

This bulletin is being revised to include Z06 model vehicles. A new service procedure and labor time have also been added.

A copy of revised bulletin 05112D is attached below. Please review the new information immediately and discard all copies of bulletin 05112C.

The Service Information System (SI) version of this bulletin will be available on June 24, 2006.

GMVIS information for the additional vehicles will be available on June 24, 2006.

Click here for the bulletin:
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/ken...onbulletin.pdf
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
BlackOps
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting this information. I have two questions regarding this bulletin.

The bulleting reads if less than 75% of the roof is separating use the foam for repair and replace the panel when one is available. If more than 75% of the roof is separating replace the panel without using the foam repair. Correct?

Here's the questions.

The foam repair is a temporary fix and any top that gets the foam fix will be replaced, correct?

Can the tops be ordered in the correct colors or will all tops being replaced need to be painted? Some folks are under the belief that the tops will come unpainted.

Just looking for some clarification about the repairs.

Thanks, again Ken, for your continued support of the forum and the information you make available for us.

Don
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Paul Scarpelli
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOps
Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting this information. I have two questions regarding this bulletin.

The bulleting reads if less than 75% of the roof is separating use the foam for repair and replace the panel when one is available. If more than 75% of the roof is separating replace the panel without using the foam repair. Correct?

Here's the questions.

The foam repair is a temporary fix and any top that gets the foam fix will be replaced, correct?

Can the tops be ordered in the correct colors or will all tops being replaced need to be painted? Some folks are under the belief that the tops will come unpainted.

Just looking for some clarification about the repairs.

Thanks, again Ken, for your continued support of the forum and the information you make available for us.

Don
In a nutshell, those are my questions. My roof is in for repair at this moment. It hadn't delaminated, but it was up a few milimeters on the front sides. The dealer is under the impression that what they are doing is THE fix, but the bulletin seems to state that it's a temporary fix while a new roof is ordered. What's the deal?

In a month, I'll be going on a two-week, 5,000 trip in the C6, in the teeth of the summer, and a flying roof incident will ruin my world.

Thanks again for the great deals and service on my last two Corvettes, Ken and Bob!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hey guys,

The way that I understand the bulletin is:
If the painted panel is separating from the frame there are two avenues: 1) If less than 75%, repair and then order a replacement top, 2) If greater than 75%, do not repair but rather replace the top immediately.

The tops are NOT painted. When we order tops from GM parts they arrive in primer. We have a local body shop that paints them for us.

I hope this helps..

Ken Fichtner
Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
BlackOps
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Hey guys,

The way that I understand the bulletin is:
If the painted panel is separating from the frame there are two avenues: 1) If less than 75%, repair and then order a replacement top, 2) If greater than 75%, do not repair but rather replace the top immediately.

The tops are NOT painted. When we order tops from GM parts they arrive in primer. We have a local body shop that paints them for us.

I hope this helps..

Ken Fichtner
Thanks for the update, Ken. This is great information.

Don
Old 06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
TexJeep
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, Ken

You guys at Fichtner are the absolute best. You cut right through all the rumors and rants and give us the gospel. Thank you very much.

PS: My painted top is OK so far, but I have a transparent one that I use most of the time.

Get notified of new replies

To Painted Roof Adhesive Separation - Updated Bulletin

Quick Reply: Painted Roof Adhesive Separation - Updated Bulletin