Latest on LMB

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 PM
JayO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Latest on LMB

Anyone know if LMB is still on constraint this week?

Thanks!
Jay
Old 08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Constraints are issued with allocations on Thursday. I will post this week's constraints tomorrow morning.

Have a great day.
Ken Fichtner
Old 08-16-2006, 11:54 PM
JayO
Instructor

Excellant!

Thanks for all your help Ken!

Jay
Old 08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts

Is there any way to find out how many outstanding LMB orders there are? The constraint lists only 35 LMB coupes/convertible orders are being filled this week, but out of how many?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Chevrolet Constraint Wire for 8/17/06

2007 CORVETTE
00711, Polished Wheels - 0
01054, 19U LeMans Blue Met – 68
The only numbers that matter to you are how many LMB orders your dealer has in front of you and how many LMB allocations he is getting each week. From there just do the math to see how long your wait will be (unless the constraint is lifted).

Last week it was reported that the LMB constraints weren't due to a lack of available paint, but because the blue paint they had wasn't coming out evenly, so they were taking their time to do it right. Hopefully they have the process figured out by now and will lift the constraints soon.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:07 PM
JayO
Instructor

Yep - I'm sure hoping it's lifted this week. All good things come to those who wait gets old after a while. And MR is pretty good too - so.... Not sure how long I can hold out.

Can hardly wait to hear from Ken what the constraints are tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
DiverDown
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayO
Yep - I'm sure hoping it's lifted this week. All good things come to those who wait gets old after a while. And MR is pretty good too - so.... Not sure how long I can hold out.

Can hardly wait to hear from Ken what the constraints are tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Uh Oh! It went from 68 last week to 35 this week. This isn't a good sign. My Dealer claims he is getting his allocation Tuesday and he says that my car is number one on his list. What happens if he can't get approved for an LMB? How do they determine which orders they will accept for LMB? Does it mean the guy behind me goes first? I really don't want to change my choice of color, but I don't want to wait forever for my car either.
Any advice Ken?
Old 08-24-2006, 12:40 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Ugh. I was hoping the constraint would go away, as my order has been entered, and I was hoping for the order to go through.

I also don't understand the comment from markcz

The only numbers that matter to you are how many LMB orders your dealer has in front of you and how many LMB allocations he is getting each week. From there just do the math to see how long your wait will be (unless the constraint is lifted).
What if the dealer hasn't had any lmb orders waiting since the constraint started? How would we know how many LMB allocations he gets every week? Since there's only 35-68 each week for the past few weeks, there's a chance that some dealers haven't had any allocations..
Old 08-24-2006, 01:10 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Well I hope that the old saying “good things come to those that wait” holds true.

I just got a call from my Dealer and the good news is that he has an allocation, but the bad news is that they won’t accept an order from him for my LMB Vert. He gave me the option of changing the color and ordering the car now, or waiting for his next allocation which is a month away.
I don’t want to wait for the car, but I really have my heart set on the LMB so I decided to wait. It was a tough call, but as much as I want the car; this is the first time in my life that I was able to walk in to a showroom and order a new Vette and I think that I should wind up with the car I want.
I hope I did the right thing.
I hope they clear up whatever is causing the constraints on the LMB by the time my Dealer gets his next allocation.
It’s a little discouraging, we wrote the deal up on August 1st, and I still don’t have a car on the horizon.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:15 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by huggybear
What if the dealer hasn't had any lmb orders waiting since the constraint started? How would we know how many LMB allocations he gets every week? Since there's only 35-68 each week for the past few weeks, there's a chance that some dealers haven't had any allocations..
There are two different factors involved with allocations and constraints.

A plain old corvette allocation is just GM telling your dealer that they can order X corvettes in a particular week. That allocation can be for any option combo except whatever is on constraint for the week that the order is placed. There is a separate "constraint allocation" (since I don't know what it is actually called) that each dealer also gets. The constraint allocation tells them how many of their regular allocations can include the option that is on constraint.

From what you said, it sounds to me like your dealer only gets one corvette allocation per month, and this month he got a 0 in the "LMB allocation" column. If he only gets one C6 per month, you might be waiting a long time for that LMB allocation to roll around to your dealer.

My original comment that you quoted was just trying to say that you can figure out your wait time if you had enough information. Unfortunately the dealers don't know (and GM probably doesn't either) when the LMB allocations will come around to them. The larger dealers like Kerbeck, Les Stanford, & Maxi Price seem to pretty much get at least one LMB allocation a week, so if you placed an order through one of them, and they had 5 others already waiting on an LMB car, you could bet that your order would most likely get pulled in 6 weeks unless the allocation is lifted.

As far as lifting the allocation goes, that probably won't happen. Click here to see some info about that.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the further explanation, markcz. It makes a bit more sense now(at least as much sense as the whole allocation can, I guess).

The case was only hypothetical, just to garner info. The dealer I'm going through has a large allocation of vettes(they did say I should have the car 6-8 weeks after they entered the order). I just wanted as much info as possible before talking to the sales guy. Otherwise I would just get the "it's been ordered" type talk which doesn't mean anything but will get most people off their back.

I'm hoping to hear back today if my order went through, and now if they say no, I can ask about the allocations/lmb allocations, etc.

Thanks again!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:11 PM
JayO
Instructor

No matter what - from the perspective a buyer's trying to order a car and it is extremely frustrating. A very crummy marketing technique. I've had an order sitting for a month at one of Houston's largest dealers and am about say forget it.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:59 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Woohoo, I have a production date of 9/4

I guess I'm one of the lucky 35
Old 08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Looks like no more constraint as of 8/31. Now I just have to wait for my Dealer to get another allocation.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:24 AM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Hopefully soon, JVM225!

I'm glad that I got mine allocated for next weeks production. Hopefully they're not just practicing to get the color right for you

J/k, it's a great color, although I haven't seen one around me in that color

Get notified of new replies

To Latest on LMB

Quick Reply: Latest on LMB