Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default News Release from Ken Fichtner-GMAC Financing Announcement

To: ALL GM DEALERS

Dear General Motors Dealer:

I want to take a moment to thank you for your ongoing support of GM at this time of national tragedy and to assure you that General Motors is committed to continue to support the efforts to help families and friends of the victims in the worst terrorist attacks in our country’s history. Ongoing efforts in New York and Washington, D.C. and successful actions by our nation’s intelligence and military organizations are critical to bringing about a return to normalcy in our daily lives. The American people have repeatedly demonstrated unparalleled resolve in the time of tragedy and we should not expect anything less today.

Throughout its history the automotive industry has played a significant role in our nation’s economic strength, which has enabled Americans to enjoy our freedoms and to aid others in their time of need. General Motors takes that responsibility seriously. Today, the world is closely watching how the marketplace reacts to recent events. We are doing all we can not to let uncertainty get the better of us by sitting idly by waiting for events to unfold. During the past week, we have taken actions to minimize any disruption to our vehicle and parts production. Our sales and marketing organization is prepared to see that our dealer network meets the needs of the marketplace. A key to instilling confidence is to wholeheartedly support the administration’s request to protect our economy and the way of life Americans hold dear.

Beginning September 20, 2001, we are offering interest-free GMAC financing on all GM vehicles through October 31, 2001. Program specifics are highlighted in the attachment with details in forthcoming GM incentive administration messages. In addition, all GM retail advertising will be focused on our efforts to 'Keep America Rolling.' We urge your advertising messages to support our theme to 'Keep America Rolling' in order to get maximum impact through a truly united GM front.

In spite of the negative impact caused by these unspeakable events, we are counting on you as community leaders to send a message throughout your neighborhoods. We can’t let terrorists control our lives and negatively influence the way we live and the freedoms we practice and enjoy. As community and business leaders, we have a responsibility to bolster public confidence. Our early in-market research is telling us that consumers appear to be waiting to see what develops, and that shoppers have been distracted but not abnormally so for the circumstances. Consumer credit application volumes are relatively steady at about eighty percent of pre-attack levels. We are closely monitoring the marketplace and will adjust plans and programs as needed. Let me assure you that General Motors will do all that is necessary to help lead our economy out of this difficult period and we are asking you to support our efforts.

The next few weeks will be trying for all of us as Washington and the military take actions to bring the terrorists to justice. Events in the coming weeks and months will impact the daily patterns of the lives of all Americans. However, at the same time we have to be certain we send the right signals to our communities. Regardless of events around us, we need to pull together as business partners and demonstrate that we are proceeding forward as united community leaders.

I’ve always said that GM dealers are unique and outstanding business leaders who generously support their communities, neighbors and friends. In the coming weeks you’ll have the opportunity to prove me right about why I enjoy and admire the energy, individualism and 'can do' attitude of the GM dealer body. Together, we have a great opportunity to be visible leaders by positively influencing our national economy and our nation’s efforts to recover from this terrible tragedy. I’m truly proud to count you as my friend and I know you all agree we will recover together and become stronger partners in our great industry and great nation.

Thank you for the outstanding job you do as a member of the General Motors family and as our representative in your community.

Sincerely,
Bill Lovejoy
Group Vice President, VSSM

........................................ ......................................

TO ALL GM DEALERS

GENERAL MOTORS AND GM DEALERS
KEEP AMERICA ROLLING

0.0% Financing on All GM Cars and Trucks - September 20 through October 31*

Cars Trucks

2001 36/Mos 0.0% 36/Mos 0.0%
48/Mos 0.0% 48/Mos 0.9%
60/Mos 0.0% 60/Mos 2.9%

2002 36/Mos 0.0% 36/Mos 0.0%
48/Mos 0.9% 48/Mos 2.9%
60/Mos 2.9% 60/Mos 4.9%

* Program details will be announced in an incentive administrative message later today. Please refer to the program guidelines for specific vehicles incentives and eligibility.
Old 09-21-2001, 04:36 PM
Colbalt Blue
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: News Release from Ken Fichtner-GMAC Financing Announcement (Ken Fichtner)

KEN,

Am I reading this right, 0.0% for 60 months on a 2002?
Old 09-21-2001, 07:52 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: News Release from Ken Fichtner-GMAC Financing Announcement (Ken Fichtner)

2002 Models:
Cars: 36/Mos 0.0% Trucks: 36/Mos 0.0%
48/Mos 0.9% 48/Mos 2.9%
60/Mos 2.9% 60/Mos 4.9%

2002's only qualify for 0.0% for 36 months

Have a great weekend,

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To News Release from Ken Fichtner-GMAC Financing Announcement

Quick Reply: News Release from Ken Fichtner-GMAC Financing Announcement