GMPP Transfer

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GMPP Transfer

Ken/Dennis: waiting patiently for the VR coupe I ordered from you last week. Still hope the museum gets it the end of January. In the meantime I have a question. Is it possible to "transfer" any of my unused GMPP time/mileage on my 04 to my 07? I bought the coverage thru you at a great price; I have 35 months and 31,000 miles left on the coverage. If not possible to transfer it, can I get a rebate on the premium I paid and if so, who do I contact?
Guys, to those of you that have not had Ken handle a purchase transaction for you, you don't know what you are missing. Buy another vehicle just to use his services........I have been buying cars for over 40 years and have only had one other purchase come close to Ken's customer service.
Thanks again Ken. I am now a Fitchner Fan..atic.
Ron aka C5 XTC soon to be C6 XTASY
Old 12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Transfer

The answer is NO you can not transfer but you can cancel remaining by calling GMPP at 800-631-5590 and using prompt 2 and then prompt 2 again and have your 9 digit policy number handy or VIN and current miles. After a couple of questions, you will get a live person who will cancel your plan, tell you how much you are getting back and in about 7-10 days you will have a check in your hands.THAT EASY!!

Dennis Fichtner

P.S. Our name is spelled Fichtner and not Fitchner, everyone spells it like that due to the pronunciation of our name. Hope all goes well with your new one, keep in touch and let me know when you want your GMPP for it.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Default Gmpp

Thanks Dennis. You should change the spelling, it is easier to spell that way. I'll give the general a call on rebating the GMPP fee. Thanks Ron
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Default Gmpp

Dennis/Ken: when I sell the 04, I can "transfer" it (the GMPP) to the new owner, correct? It stays with the car if I do not turn it in. Correct? C5 XTC,
Ron T
Old 01-24-2007, 12:07 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

C5 XTC

The GMPP is yours. You can transfer to the new owner if you do desire to do so. I will email you a transfer form, just drop me a note at gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com and I will send immediately. If you trade the car or the new owner doesn't want the GMPP then you can cancel it and get a pro-rated refund back.

Any questions I can be reached at 406-628-4618, Ext 105.

Dennis
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
woodlandsguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In & Out

I am selling my c6 to a friend. However, I am trading it into a dealer and the dealer will then sell it to the new owner immediately. This saves me sales tax on the trade-in. Can I transfer the GMPP directly to my friend, even though he is actually purchasing the car from the dealer?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Woodlandsguy

P.M. Sent

Dennis
Old 08-06-2012, 11:19 PM
dougerls3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woodlandsguy
I am selling my c6 to a friend. However, I am trading it into a dealer and the dealer will then sell it to the new owner immediately. This saves me sales tax on the trade-in. Can I transfer the GMPP directly to my friend, even though he is actually purchasing the car from the dealer?

Thanks
Hmmmm???? Can it be transfered or mabye not? One says yes, one says no?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

When I sold off my 06Z 18 months ago after nearly 5 years of ownership, I was pleasantly surprised by how much $$$ I was rebated after the GMPP cancellation. Very easy process. You will have to send them a photo of your odometer with the mileage showing at the time of cancellation.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by dougerls3
Hmmmm???? Can it be transfered or mabye not? One says yes, one says no?
I have a tendency to say yes. It is just a matter of submitting the transfer application and paying a transfer fee ($25 as I seem to remember). Note that Dennis is having that conversation offline.

Get notified of new replies

To GMPP Transfer

Quick Reply: GMPP Transfer