Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
EDBLU
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Smart care coverage question

Ken,
My wife recently upgraded from a 2008 base coupe to a 2012 GS CE vert. We purchased a smart care coverage for 48 months or 48,000 miles to cover oil change costs. How often are we allowed to get oil changes? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Whether you buy or lease your car, light-duty truck or van, it's a major purchase and one you'll want to enjoy and protect throughout the ownership period. To make maintenance easier, help extend the life of your vehicle, and likely enhance its resale value, keep it in top condition with convenient Smart Care coverage.

Smart Care covers specific maintenance needs for your vehicle. That means oil changes (oil and filter), chassis lubrications and tire rotations. It also means no unexpected financial surprises or out-of-pocket costs for covered maintenance services.

Your vehicle is maintained properly - especially important if you lease it - because service is done by the people who know vehicles the best - the expert technicians at any GM dealership across the United States and Canada.

Smart Care
With Smart Care, the following maintenance is provided for your vehicle in accordance with scheduled time and mileage requirements:
•Oil changes (oil and filter)
•Chassis lubrications
•Tire rotations

Designed to Meet Your Needs
Match Smart Care to your driving needs. Coverages are offered in a variety of time and mileage combinations ranging from 12 months and 12,000 miles up to four years and 60,000 miles. The deductible is $0, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses for covered maintenance service.

Service paperwork is gone too, because everything is taken care of by your GM dealer.

Smart Care is for in-warranty and out-of-warranty vehicles and can be purchased at any time.

You may even add to your vehicle's value if you sell it because Smart Care can be transferred to a new owner for a small administrative fee.

With Smart Care, specific maintenance needs for your vehicle are covered. Regardless of which term you select, Smart Care will give you peace of mind for the long run.

Expect Smart Care to
•Simplify your vehicle's maintenance
•Protect you from unexpected and inconsistent covered maintenance service expenses
•Ensure covered maintenance services are made by GM trained technicians or the facility of your choice

Take the Next Step
Ask your GM dealer about the details of Smart Care. You'll discover the good sense of protecting your vehicle purchase with this vehicle maintenance contract.

Then enjoy your vehicle and know that with Smart Care, you've got convenience wherever you drive... and peace of mind for the life of your vehicle maintenance contract.

CHECK WITH THE SELLING DEALER!!! WHEN YOU GET YOUR POLICY FROM GMPP IT WILL ALSO STATE THE CONDITIONS. We do not sell these plans due to the high cost of them and the tires do not get rotated on a Corvette so actually the oil changes you do for 4 years would be a lot less than what you paid for the smartcare plan.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 PM
EDBLU
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I have the policy and it states what you quoted in your post. I called GM and they told me what you and the policy said. My question was more of how often am I able to get the oil changed on this plan. I do my truck every 5000 miles but I did our '05 and '08 based on the DIC at around 10% or less. I don't have time or the desire to change my oil myself anymore. I paid around $400 for the coverage and dealers around here are charging $70-100. So I figured the coverage would pay for itself if I get two or three oil changes a year since my wife averages around 17k a year. I will be calling the dealer in ref to my coverage question. Thanks for your help.

Get notified of new replies

To Smart care coverage question

Quick Reply: Smart care coverage question