Old 09-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default VIN 100006 Delivered!

Congratulations to Fred from Shreveport, LA!

VIN 6 purchased from Fichtner Chevrolet in Laurel MT and now in Fred's garage!

Thanks for purchasing yet another new Corvette from us, your business is truly appreciated.

Quoted from Fred's email:
"Ken, thanks again for such a painless purchase, it was a pleasure working with you and today I've really enjoyed the chance to drive this beautiful car.

My experience w/ the local dealer left something to be desired. When I went by the dealership yesterday my car had been delivered with 29 miles on the odometer. Today as I was driving off it had 48 miles so someone took it for a joy ride between yesterday afternoon and this morning. It was also presented to me this morning w/ an empty tank...I was sweating making it to the gas station. I forget how he stated it but he said the factory didn't put hardly any gas in it (as though it should have been shipped full). There was no explanation of any of the C7's features since "we will be going to training in Dallas soon." I had also asked them not to wash it, that I wanted that honor...so that was another thing they didn't have to do. Dave knows little or nothing about the C7s.

But I was happy to finally get it and let all that slide. I regret not having the car delivered to your dealership.

But I'm very happy w/ the car. It is clearly a tremendous improvement to the C6. Already I had a guy follow me for over 2 miles, then into the gas station to do a walk around and take pictures. ...picked up a buddy to have lunch and when we stopped for a traffic light I noticed in my rearview mirror the guy behind me taking a photo w/ his iphone.

I'll attach two or three shots that I took after cleaning it up.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put me at the top of your C8 list...and we'll see what life brings between now and then."

Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken is "da man!" Got my '13 GS from him, and expect my '14 'vert late next month. Kind of a long drive for me, but worth it!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

FRED,vette is bitchin! personally I love the rear end .Car is stellar from all views. Stupid how people keep commenting on its similarity to the Camaro, turkeys ! P.s good luck with it!

Last edited by wlean99; 10-13-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: wrong owner
Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Congrats to Fred

He forgot to post this model

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps70bcac59.jpg
Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Z16Jim
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

This car has great lines. Looks amazing in black. Is there going to be a ZO6
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I can't believe the delivering dealer put 19 miles on the car and gave it to you with no gas. You should mention that to GM.

Anyway, good luck with it. It's gorgeous. I think it's the first one I've seen without the rear spoiler. Very nice car.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Niceun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Congrats to Fred

He forgot to post this model

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps70bcac59.jpg
Ha nice wheels!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Congratulations to Fred from Shreveport, LA!

VIN 6 purchased from Fichtner Chevrolet in Laurel MT and now in Fred's garage!

Thanks for purchasing yet another new Corvette from us, your business is truly appreciated.

Quoted from Fred's email:
"Ken, thanks again for such a painless purchase, it was a pleasure working with you and today I've really enjoyed the chance to drive this beautiful car.

My experience w/ the local dealer left something to be desired. When I went by the dealership yesterday my car had been delivered with 29 miles on the odometer. Today as I was driving off it had 48 miles so someone took it for a joy ride between yesterday afternoon and this morning. It was also presented to me this morning w/ an empty tank...I was sweating making it to the gas station. I forget how he stated it but he said the factory didn't put hardly any gas in it (as though it should have been shipped full). There was no explanation of any of the C7's features since "we will be going to training in Dallas soon." I had also asked them not to wash it, that I wanted that honor...so that was another thing they didn't have to do. Dave knows little or nothing about the C7s.

But I was happy to finally get it and let all that slide. I regret not having the car delivered to your dealership.

But I'm very happy w/ the car. It is clearly a tremendous improvement to the C6. Already I had a guy follow me for over 2 miles, then into the gas station to do a walk around and take pictures. ...picked up a buddy to have lunch and when we stopped for a traffic light I noticed in my rearview mirror the guy behind me taking a photo w/ his iphone.

I'll attach two or three shots that I took after cleaning it up.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put me at the top of your C8 list...and we'll see what life brings between now and then."
Congrats to Fred for acquiring such an awesome vehicle!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To VIN 100006 Delivered!

Quick Reply: VIN 100006 Delivered!