Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:29 PM
BigWill1975
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Increase

Hi Ken, I have a quick question. I made an order for a corvette through a local dealer on Jan 27 before the price increase and the dealer just got the allocation today for it. I went in to make sure the build was correct and then he hit me with the new price increase but I ordered and had a order number before the price increase date. I have been at status 1100 up until now. He stated that the order had to be accepted by GM which is status 2000 to be price protected prior to March 1. How true is that or should I still be price protected although I was at status 1100 prior to March 1? Any info will help.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

An order placed with Chevrolet that has not been cancelled and is still an active order request after the price increase will be produced, invoiced and window stickered at the latest price. HOWEVER, the dealership will receive a refund for the increase ONLY IF they report the delivery to the person and address which was on the original order.

Ken

Originally Posted by BigWill1975
Hi Ken, I have a quick question. I made an order for a corvette through a local dealer on Jan 27 before the price increase and the dealer just got the allocation today for it. I went in to make sure the build was correct and then he hit me with the new price increase but I ordered and had a order number before the price increase date. I have been at status 1100 up until now. He stated that the order had to be accepted by GM which is status 2000 to be price protected prior to March 1. How true is that or should I still be price protected although I was at status 1100 prior to March 1? Any info will help.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

From GM on this issue:

Date: 3/03/2014
Subject: Chevrolet Interim -- Effective March 3, 2014

Chevrolet is announcing revised 2014 model year prices effective with vehicles produced on or after March 3, 2014. This revision affects Corvette base model prices. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GlobalConnect effective March 3, 2014.

Sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:

-Customer order date must be prior to the date of the price increase.

-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one work day after date of the price increase.

These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

Please file this administrative message with your 2014 model year pricing information.

It is anticipated that this pricing information will be reflected in the Order Workbench Configure a New Vehicle process at 8:00AM EST March 5, 2014

So there you have it....Don't let a dealer take advantage of you! It's best to do business with a well known and recommended Corvette Forum dealer!!

Have a great day
Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 AM
BigWill1975
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
From GM on this issue:

Chevrolet is announcing revised 2014 model year prices effective with vehicles produced on or after March 3, 2014. This revision affects Corvette base model prices. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GlobalConnect effective March 3, 2014.

Sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:

-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one work day after date of the price increase.

These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

Please file this administrative message with your 2014 model year pricing information.

It is anticipated that this pricing information will be reflected in the Order Workbench Configure a New Vehicle process at 8:00AM EST March 5, 2014

So there you have it....Don't let a dealer take advantage of you! It's best to do business with a well known and recommended Corvette Forum dealer!!

Have a great day
Thanks a bunch Ken. I felt as if the sales manager was trying to rip me off, so I got in contact with the General Manager and he staighten it out. I am price protected. I feel the sales manger and salesman were trying to pocket $3200 dollars. He swore by it that I had to pay the new price and he claims it was per General Motors. Thank you so much for your help on this matter.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 PM
magneticred
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I purchased my Vette from Ken, there was a price increase afterward. Ken made sure that I knew that I would not be paying more for the car. I appreciate honesty, and only wish everyone else could be as professional.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Road_runner
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

From GM on this issue:

Have a great day
Ken,

Is the GM System Order date happen when the customer places the order or when the dealer gets an allocation?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

The order date that determines whether a car is protected is the day that the dealer enters the order, not the day he receives allocation.

Ken

Originally Posted by Road_runner
Ken,

Is the GM System Order date happen when the customer places the order or when the dealer gets an allocation?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Road_runner
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

The order date that determines whether a car is protected is the day that the dealer enters the order, not the day he receives allocation.

Ken
Thanks Ken

I think my order with the local dealer will qualify. The salesman is saying that I have to pay the new price and the dealer will apply for the refund. (and it could take two months) Sound reasonable?

Last edited by Road_runner; 06-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Price Increase

Quick Reply: Price Increase