HELP!! Somehow I got stuck on a GM "export" or "shipper's" black list - HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Default HELP!! Somehow I got stuck on a GM "export" or "shipper's" black list - HELP PLEASE!!

Hello folks. I went to order a 2015 Stingray and was informed by my dealer that my name (with address) shows up on some blacklist that GM has and says that I have (I guess illegally) exported a Corvette out of the country. He says that until I get off that list I cannot be sold a car.

What I can't figure out is how I got on the list and what to do about it. I have bought somewhere around 20 new Corvettes since 1999 and have always sold them to someone in the US, never overseas.

To get to the point, has anyone here had experience with this and have a point of contact to get it worked out? I have called a contact at GM that's in the Corvette chain of command so to speak but he hasn't called me back. With the holidays here he may be out of the country for all I know. I'm sure I'm not going to get it fixed until after the first of the year but I'd like to at least try. My dealer had an allocation for me today but I'm going to miss it because of this issue.

Thanks for any help, names, phone numbers, etc you can give me to chase this rabbit down the trail!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:15 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

There were a couple other people on the forum in the situation that you describe. You might want to search for their posts and PM them to see how they handled it.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

I have tried that but no answers yet.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Tarheels1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Wow!

Very scary!
Old 12-21-2014, 11:36 PM
0Rimrock Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill,
I will see if I can come up with a contact for you.
Ken
Old 12-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Bill,
I will see if I can come up with a contact for you.
Ken
Thank you Ken! I'll be in Big Sky Country in a few weeks. Great Falls, Haver, and Missoula. Nephew plays basketball for Montana Tech. Going to see a few games.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you been able to resolve this issue yet? Just curious.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

Not yet. Still working on it. I think most people at GM take off three weeks for the holidays so they are just now trickling back in. I finally have someone that is looking into it.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:59 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a guess...20 Corvettes in 15 years? You must be flipping them and sooner or later a vin.# leaves the good old USA...and boom lights go off at GM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by busterkeller
just a guess...20 Corvettes in 15 years? You must be flipping them and sooner or later a vin.# leaves the good old USA...and boom lights go off at GM.
Yeah, pretty sure that's what happened. Still working on it. Finally found someone in GM who knows the right people to talk to and he is helping me out.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:00 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

What a crock of sh**!!! As long as you bought and paid for the car, what difference does it make who you end up selling it to and where it ends up? If they told me that I couldnt buy a car for some such crap as that, I would certainly take my money to another manufacturer from then on.....not to mention do everything that I can to convert my friends and family over to the other company.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:00 AM
engscott78
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by LarryMow
What a crock of sh**!!! As long as you bought and paid for the car, what difference does it make who you end up selling it to and where it ends up? If they told me that I couldnt buy a car for some such crap as that, I would certainly take my money to another manufacturer from then on.....not to mention do everything that I can to convert my friends and family over to the other company.

I'm with Larry on this one.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:50 PM
cebars
Pro

Does this mean that the guy I bought my 2004 Z06 from in 2005 is on a GM blacklist because he sold it to a Canadian resident who imported it from USA to CDA. Had to tell GM about it when I went to plate the car.

Selling it now, so if someone in the USA buys it, does that mean it gets him off the blacklist.

GM (and other manufacturers) will not allow US dealers to sell to Canadians. Now it looks like they are now trying to use scare tactics to prevent US sellers of used vehicles from selling to Canadians.

Most Canadian dealers are buying GM US vehicles at Manheim and Adesa auctions. Is GM going to stop a US dealer from selling a vehicle at auction to a Canadian dealer.

Last edited by cebars; 04-21-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!! Somehow I got stuck on a GM "export" or "shipper's" black list - HELP PLEASE!!

Quick Reply: HELP!! Somehow I got stuck on a GM "export" or "shipper's" black list - HELP PLEASE!!