Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:27 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Question for Ken

Ken -

I would like your opinion on the following: if a customer brought in a car that was out of its original warranty, yet covered under GMPP, with a complaint that was a known TSB on that model, would that problem be covered even if it was an area not necessarily included in the extended warranty?

Thanks for your help
Old 11-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Question for Ken (99HRDTP)

Ken -

I would like your opinion on the following: if a customer brought in a car that was out of its original warranty, yet covered under GMPP, with a complaint that was a known TSB on that model, would that problem be covered even if it was an area not necessarily included in the extended warranty?

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing exactly what problem is being encountered.

TSB's are not recalls and an implification that a problem is widespread and should be covered by the manufacturer. TSB's are simply GM's best advice to dealerships on how to address specific problems.

The GMPP MajorGuard offers very broad coverage and in fact covers everything except the short list of items not covered!

Please post what type of problem that is being encountered and I will try to give you a more definitive answer.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-13-2002, 08:25 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Question for Ken (Ken Fichtner)

Sorry for being so vague, Ken.

The problem is with a water leak into the passenger side trunk compartment on my hardtop. It had been small for well over a year, and I was advised to not mess with it. However, in the past few months, the leak intensified, so I brought it in to have it fixed formally. From what I understand, the repair done was to replace sealant that was inadequate from the factory.

Hope this clarifies things a little better.

Thanks, again.

---------------
Mike
Old 11-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Question for Ken (99HRDTP)

Thanks for the additional information.

Air and water leaks are covered under the base 36 month/36000 mile warranty and are not covered under the GMPP after the base warranty expires. Dealers have the discretionary power to cover items like this beyond the base warranty. Especially if the problem existed and was not properly repaired prior to the expiration of the base warranty. If your dealer is unwilling to complete the repair at no cost to you I would suggest that you call Chevrolet Customer Assistance at 1-800-222-1020.

Have a great day,
Ken Fichtner
Old 11-13-2002, 05:50 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Question for Ken (Ken Fichtner)

As always, Ken, you are the consummate gentleman.

Thanks, again.

--------
Mike
:flag

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Ken

Quick Reply: Question for Ken