Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Denver area tune shops

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Denver area tune shops

Greetings,,

I will be having my Intake ported soon and because I have already done a C.A.I. and exhaust, I will be looking for a good vette tune shop for my 07 C6 / Z51. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
RUGBY
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteTrpr
Greetings,,

I will be having my Intake ported soon and because I have already done a C.A.I. and exhaust, I will be looking for a good vette tune shop for my 07 C6 / Z51. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 PM
AlanC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-14-2011, 10:44 PM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

Whats up with the stupid lurk icon ?? Maybe I'll have better luck with the Mustang Forums. The people there tend to actually want to be helpful.....
Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 AM
AlanC
Instructor

It means we don't know the answer, but we're interested in the question too.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

there are few shops in the area that have some experience and have done some good work. my Z06 was tuned by Clint@AIR good guy/tuner and his prices is great too. there are other options too. Nick@Mac in parker and some other good guys. Nick seems to have more knowledge about imports and turbo cars. I have had experience with those two guys, and both have done great work. hope this helps
Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 AM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

Walhan qtr,

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it.. AlanC,,Thanks for the icon clarification.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:40 PM
RUGBY
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats up with the stupid lurk icon ?? Maybe I'll have better luck with the Mustang Forums. The people there tend to actually want to be helpful.....
Easy man, we just don't have the answer but would like to know also.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

I apologize. I took it to mean something else...
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM
scottycards
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I apologize. I took it to mean something else...
I dunno, there's probably a little something else in here. Tuners in Denver seem to have fans and haters.

FWIW, I put headers on my C6 and had it tuned at Dragon Race Engineering, up North here (it's just a few miles from my house).

They did a good job, the car ran great, and it cost me about $500, IIRC.

I'm sure some have had both good and bad experiences with them, but my experience was fine. I'd probably be a bit more price sensitive if I did it again and shop around, but whatever.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

I would go with Trent at CPU, located in Brighton. 303.250.6547, like Scottycards said there is a lot of love and hate with shops here, but there are justifiable reasons why I won't go with a few shops that have been mentioned above.

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
LCC
Advanced

I second Get Bit, I had my Vette tuned by Trent in Brighton. Nice guy and has a nice setup. I am going to have him cam my Silverado and Vette here in the near future. I am just upset I didn't know about him before. He is a 10 minute drive from my house.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
0PeterDragon
Former Vendor

I think you'll find if you visit our facility and meet with us that our tuning and expertise on the Corvette's are second to none in the region. It obviously concerns me to hear that we might not be somebody's top recommendation for these cars and I encourage any of you with concerns to please email me directly or PM me if need be.

We have a state of the art 10,000 sqft facilty with our own in house Mustang 1750 dynamometer and our tuning resume is second to none regionally. We are just north of town on I25 and again I just encourage a visit to check us out. I know how polarized the world can be for "their guy and their shop" but I think we've proven that we are a World renowned tuner and performance shop for the corvette and we just happen to be in your back yard!

Please also check out my tuning primer under the FAQ section of our website.

www.dragonrace.com

Peter
Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback
Old 05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LCC
I second Get Bit, I had my Vette tuned by Trent in Brighton. Nice guy and has a nice setup. I am going to have him cam my Silverado and Vette here in the near future. I am just upset I didn't know about him before. He is a 10 minute drive from my house.
Stands behind his work as well and has an excellent track record. Not only with LSx powered vehicles, but with other makes as well. Also does great paint and body work, jack of all trades.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
AlanC
Instructor

Which of these tuners have load bearing dynos?

Obviously DragonRace does. Do any of the others?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
ClintHuggerSS
Instructor

I have access to one. Tuned a 1200 HP T.A. Single Turbo on one 2 weeks ago that required a load bearing dyno...

Clint

Get notified of new replies

To Denver area tune shops

Old 05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Another +1 for Clint @ AIR

Clint has never let me down. I lived in the Denver area for two years and had Clint do all the work to my car that I couldn't do myself. Even some of the stuff I could do by myself I still had Clint do just based just for the convenience factor alone. I have met a lot of tuners (but certainly) not all in the Denver area, and Clint was the easiest and most reasonable to me to work with.

Reasons I would consider Clint as someone new to everything:

1) Awesome communication. Wondering what is the status of your car? Send Clint a text or give him a call and he will get back to you in a timely fashion, often times within a couple hours.

2) Fair prices. Like I said before, sometimes you run into situations where you could do the stuff yourself but you just don't have the time to. Because Clint's prices are so fair, you can rest assured he will get the job done without raking you over the coals in the process.

3) Track record. I've seen a lot of the bigger shops in the area make significantly less power than the cars that come out of Clint's shop, and they probably charged double for labor.

4) Customer service. Clint is one of the only people left in this business that actually still treats his customers and potential customers like they are human beings.

Last thing I would like to say is this. When I first took my car to Clint it didn't seem like he worked on a lot of C5/C6 Corvettes at that time (this was a few years back), fast forward to today, you would be hard pressed to find a time where Clint didn't have at least a few C5's and C6's hanging out around the shop. I think Clint has really become an expert over the years and I expect big things to come out of AIR in the future.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM
DanWS6
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Get Bit
Stands behind his work as well and has an excellent track record. Not only with LSx powered vehicles, but with other makes as well. Also does great paint and body work, jack of all trades.
+1 for Trent. He takes his time, does work the right way and if there are ever any issues he makes things right. He was very thorough tuning for my aggressive setup and my car is fun to drive because of that. I don't have experience with all of the shops in CO, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Trent first.

Last edited by DanWS6; 05-20-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 PM
VetteTrpr
Instructor

Thanks to everyone that replied with the great feedback.I finally found time to get my intake removed today and will be getting it down to Peakspeedshop in Monument, Co. After that, it's tune time....

Quick Reply: Denver area tune shops