Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Rocky Mountain Corvette / NRG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 AM
bconlon
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocky Mountain Corvette / NRG Motorsports

Beware of Rocky Mountain Corvette (now known as NRG Motorsports) in Parker, CO. Alex Nelsen sold me a 1990 Corvette in May 2007 that never passed emissions. He backdated the sale to March 2007 to be within his auto dealer's license period. After being promised several times that he would "make it right," I had to sue Rocky Mountain Corvette in March 2010.

In March 2011, Alex Nelsen closed Rocky Mountain Corvette (www.rmcorvette.com) due to "personal and business reasons" and then opened NRG Motorsports (nrgmotorsports.net/home.htm) to do the same business as Rocky Mountain Corvette.

On June 13, 2011, neither Alex Nelsen or any Rocky Mountain Corvette representatives appeared at trial. The court entered a $17214.42 judgment with 8% interest from the breach of contract date of July 3, 2007. As of today, the judgment is valued at $22,670.21.

Unfortunately this is a reminder that everyone needs to be careful when planning expensive purchases.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
anelsen
1st Gear

For those of you that read this post and would like the full story feel free to contact me directly. This situation has been on going for a number of years. RMC has been exonerated twice by the dealer board and Brandon has been offered numerous settlements including the complete purchase price of the car. However, he thought he was entitled to several thousand more. And yes, NRG Motorsports in fact does many of the same services.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 793 Likes on 537 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by anelsen
For those of you that read this post and would like the full story feel free to contact me directly. This situation has been on going for a number of years. RMC has been exonerated twice by the dealer board and Brandon has been offered numerous settlements including the complete purchase price of the car. However, he thought he was entitled to several thousand more. And yes, NRG Motorsports in fact does many of the same services.
Why don't you just post your version like he did?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm not passing judgement on the company or individual referred to by the OP, but what's the deal with Corvette folks in our beautiful state?

Joined this board a little over a month ago to educate myself on Corvettes, and just purchased an amazing Z06. I do a quick word search under "Colorado", hoping to find where the good engine guys are, tuners, etc - and all I find are a lot of people that have been scammed or had one issue or another with those we entrust our machines with.

Gonna be a real PITA if I have to ship my car somewhere everytime I want to have some quality work done to it.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:00 PM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want quality work on your Z06 I would start at Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft Lupton
Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
jvette2
Pro

Originally Posted by 729GKU
If you want quality work on your Z06 I would start at Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft Lupton
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 729GKU
yah right!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Originally Posted by vettesplus
yah right!!!!
If you have a better suggestion or two, please post.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

I think Ed (vettesplus) had an issue with a warranty claim with Purifoy on his truck which has made him dislike them. (he can comment further)

I for one would trust Purifoy for mechanical, warranty, electronic fixes, alignments, etc, on my Corvette. They are true "Corvette" people and will do great work. They have done a few things for me over the years on my 2 Vettes I have had.

If you're looking for shops for any aftermarket modifications, etc there is only 3 places I would trust my Vette with.

Colorado Performance Unlimited (Trent is owner) has done all the work on my Supercharged 383 ZO6 (303) 250-6547

Bill's Automotive Repair (has had 2 supercharged vettes of his own) and is very knowledgeable with tuning, modifications, etc. Also has his own in-house dyno and does everything in house. (720) 344-6707

Rod Dewild (goes by the username "NitrousJunkie" on the forums here. I have not had personal experience with Rod however, I know several people who have had work done by him and have nothing but good things to say.

There are several shops I would stay clear of, if you want specific names, PM me and I will provide the information.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Originally Posted by Get Bit
I think Ed (vettesplus) had an issue with a warranty claim with Purifoy on his truck which has made him dislike them. (he can comment further)

I for one would trust Purifoy for mechanical, warranty, electronic fixes, alignments, etc, on my Corvette. They are true "Corvette" people and will do great work. They have done a few things for me over the years on my 2 Vettes I have had.

If you're looking for shops for any aftermarket modifications, etc there is only 3 places I would trust my Vette with.

Colorado Performance Unlimited (Trent is owner) has done all the work on my Supercharged 383 ZO6 (303) 250-6547

Bill's Automotive Repair (has had 2 supercharged vettes of his own) and is very knowledgeable with tuning, modifications, etc. Also has his own in-house dyno and does everything in house. (720) 344-6707

Rod Dewild (goes by the username "NitrousJunkie" on the forums here. I have not had personal experience with Rod however, I know several people who have had work done by him and have nothing but good things to say.

There are several shops I would stay clear of, if you want specific names, PM me and I will provide the information.

excluding purify, i would trust get bits suggestions on these guys, good luck....
Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Originally Posted by Get Bit

I appreciate your post, thank you.

pm sent.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Recently had Purifoy do some work on my Vette - put on B & B Fusion exhaust, powdercoated calipers, alignment and some little odds and ends.

My experience thus far with them has been very positive. Very professional, knowledgeable guys - and I liked the fact they had an open atmosphere in the shop where you could watch and chat with the gentleman doing the work on your ride. Learned alot of little insights from that. Additionally, the owner spent about 20 minutes with me shooting the bull and was a very nice guy.

Next up - identify the right place for a H/C package and tune.

Nothing better than a Vette in the Rockies.

Get notified of new replies

To Rocky Mountain Corvette / NRG Motorsports

Quick Reply: Rocky Mountain Corvette / NRG Motorsports