Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Anyone Know of "Silver Shippers" out of Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 04:34 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,167 Likes on 486 Posts

Default Anyone Know of "Silver Shippers" out of Kansas

I'm in So Cal and last Sunday our 2014 Cadillac SRX with just 14K miles car got totalled.

I've located what would appear to be a desireable XT5 replacement and the owner says that the car is in Kansas City and suggested using "Silver Shippers" for escrow and transport.

The car deal looks too good to be true priced at ~1/4 the value with a SOB story from the widowed owner, making me leary.

I can't find anything on the internet on "Silver Shippers" making me really leary.

Does anyone know anything about Silver Shippers?

Is ther anyone in the Kansas City area who could even verify that said car exists with a title in her name? I could pay you for your time.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2018, 03:33 AM
Cann Chin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long story short, it's a scam.

Originally Posted by toddalin
I'm in So Cal and last Sunday our 2014 Cadillac SRX with just 14K miles car got totalled.

I've located what would appear to be a desireable XT5 replacement and the owner says that the car is in Kansas City and suggested using "Silver Shippers" for escrow and transport.

The car deal looks too good to be true priced at ~1/4 the value with a SOB story from the widowed owner, making me leary.

I can't find anything on the internet on "Silver Shippers" making me really leary.

Does anyone know anything about Silver Shippers?

Is ther anyone in the Kansas City area who could even verify that said car exists with a title in her name? I could pay you for your time.

Thanks

Hey,

I made an account just to tell you this. Long story short, it's a scam. I was basically in the same exact scenario as you. Let me guess, her husband passed away a month ago from a heart attack, and the car belonged to him so she is selling it. They are moving to Kansas City for a new life? If that is the story or something similar, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PAYMENT INFORMATION.

I cross checked the website "https://www.SilverShippers.com". The website is basically 8 days old. https://smallseotools.com/domain-age-checker/
Old 05-28-2018, 03:40 AM
Cann Chin
2nd Gear

Hey,

I made an account just to tell you this. Long story short, it's a scam. I was basically in the same exact scenario as you. Let me guess, her husband passed away a month ago from a heart attack, and the car belonged to him so she is selling it. They are moving to Kansas City for a new life? If that is the story or something similar, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PAYMENT INFORMATION.

I cross checked the website "https://www.SilverShippers.com". The website is basically 8 days old. https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131336

Good luck~

Last edited by Cann Chin; 05-28-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Edwin Acosta
1st Gear

Default Silver Shippers

I also was almost taken by these scammers today if it hadn't been for this post. I was looking at a 2008 M3 for a great price and was told the husband passed away a month ago and they moved to Kansas to start all over. I called the number on silver Shippers website but was disconnected. Thanks for the post and the reply, hopefully no one gets scammed.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

THANKS GUYS!!!

That's what we thought.

Note that they set the price firm at $9K for a >>>$40K car, because a $10K transaction triggers a bunch of federal regulations.

My last note to the seller:

Other than the provided web site, I find no information on Silver Shippers nor do I see a business license for them. Furthermore, the address provided is shown on their web site would appear to belong to a another company.

If we do this, I would like to fly out and drive the car home. Please send me a photocopy of the clear title in your name.

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited by toddalin; 05-28-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:19 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Thanks again guys,

Just so everyone knows, this is the ad. And "she" sent more pics later and listed about every option offered on the car. Sounded like a brochure.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...585318246.html

And this is the Silver Shippers listed website.

https://silvershippers.com/
Old 05-29-2018, 12:25 PM
A SH
1st Gear

Default Same thing!

Wow! Glad I saw this, there was someone listing a car in my area, price was too good to be true and when the lady emailed me back, she said she is in Kansas which is far away from where the vehicle is supposedly at, and said they will be going through silver shippers or whatever it's called because it's such a large transaction. Said that it was her fatersfa truck that had recently passed away.. other things she was saying just sounded so sketchy!!
Old 05-30-2018, 02:27 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

I went on the 'net and did a search for the address and found the business that is listed at the address provided on the Silver Shippers "web site." I called the owner to ask about the Silver Shippers business..., just in case it was a prior tenant.

This morning there was a return call on my answering machine from the actual tenant stating that they were aware of the scam and the use of their address, and I was not the first to alert them of this.

Yesterday I went on C/L and identifed the ad as a scam and it was promptly removed.

It's too bad that the "parties that be" won't persue this stuff until after you've been scammed.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:30 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by A SH
Wow! Glad I saw this, there was someone listing a car in my area, price was too good to be true and when the lady emailed me back, she said she is in Kansas which is far away from where the vehicle is supposedly at, and said they will be going through silver shippers or whatever it's called because it's such a large transaction. Said that it was her fatersfa truck that had recently passed away.. other things she was saying just sounded so sketchy!!
Like this???

I appreciate your email and let me tell you that the vehicle is in terrific condition. The thing is my daughter and I moved to my parents in Kansas City, MO so we can be with family in these hard times. We hope and pray that God is by our side in this new path. The SUV is here, in Kansas City, and I am using an escrow/shipping company (named Silver Shippers. I want to use their escrow and delivery services as they offer 100% protection for both of us. The best part about is that you have 5 days to try it out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it, you can send it back for free. If you want to know more about how it works, you can reply with your whole name, address and phone # so I can notify Silver Shippers that you are my selected buyer, and they will contact you right away with all the details, with no obligation to buy it.

Regards
Old 05-30-2018, 02:38 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

And:

Me:

The car looks very nice. What options are on the car? In particular, does it have the driver alert package with the blind spot detection and cross traffic warnings?

We have a 2014 Cadillac SRX that was in a collision last Sunday and the insurance company is deciding whether to total it out or not. Hope to know on Tuesday. It is/was the luxury model with all the features and only 14K miles.

Thanks.

"Her" (Would a lady trying to sell her dead husband's car put a list like this together? I think not.):

Yes, it does. Other safety features and options include forward-collision warnings with automatic braking; blind-spot monitors with cross-traffic alerts; adaptive cruise control; lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist; and automatic parking assistance.

Along with the usual standard power features, the XT5 offers the CUE interface, with the system here upgraded with a faster processor. Wireless phone charging, 4G LTE hotspot compatibility, and standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto round out the connectivity package. LED headlights and a gesture-controlled power tailgate will be offered.

This model model comes with a hands-free liftgate, a head-up display, a surround-view camera, ambient LED lighting, special leather dash and door trim, micro suede for the headliner and other trim, a unique exhaust outlet, and a more brightly chromed grille—plus standard 20-inch wheels.

Moral of the story is if someone lists a car and says it's out of state, ask for a picture of a clear title in their name and tell them that you want to fly out and pick up the car and drive it home.

After I asked for that, I received no more communication.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Jessica DuBose
1st Gear

Default Scam!!

I had the same exact thing today! Pontoon boat with a price too good to be true! This is the email I got...
Hi there,
My name is Anthony and I'm the owner of the 2013 Bennington 22 SFF. It has no damage, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. The aluminum is clean without any dings, dents or oxidation. The upgraded Navy side panels and graphics are in excellent condition without any signs of docking. The rub rail is super clean. Boat has upgraded Minn Kota 24V trolling system on a removable bracket. Everything works perfect, it has only 70 hours, only been used in fresh water, powered by a Yamaha 90 Four Stroke EFI. The overall length is 21 feet. Title is clear, without liens or loans on it, under my name. The boat belonged to my father who recently passed away. I have no use of it and it’s been in the garage for the past month,so I only want $6,000 for it.

Right now I've returned to my base in Kansas City, MO, because we'll be deployed for duty in 2 weeks. Due to the training I can’t leave the base to meet you and close the deal so I have decided to use a shipping company and I left the boat in their possession. The best part about this is that you'll have 5 days for inspection, for free, with no further obligation or fees to decide. The funds will be placed on hold into their secure accounts, so you can physically see the boat before I will receive any money.

If you want to move forward to receive the details from the shipping company I only need your full name, shipping address and a phone#.

P.S. I have more pics available, if you want them, just let me know.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 04:06 AM
Amh96
1st Gear

Samething happened to me. She said her husband passed away bla bla bla.. she sent me same info about the company. I told her let's make it 5k instead of 6,300$ she said you can pay the 5k now then the rest later, I trust you.. how can you trust me if I dont even know you... I was like if it's on debit card I can just call my bank and cancel the transaction. So I called the company and they said that I have to be personally at the bank and do a bank wiring transfer.. red flags raised.. i knew it was a scam. I was just shocked of how professional the invoice they sent through the email was.

But I couldnt just sit watching what happened. I called her and asked if you are not a scammer how would you explain that more than 3 people said you sent them the same thing? Guess what! She hung up.. I reported her to the FBI's Online Fraud department with all the information and the phone numbers they used.. and I emailed her telling her that I did report her.. few hours later, the website was suspended.. I'm just hoping no one fell into it.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Christian Lane
1st Gear

Default Same

same exact thing happens today with an evo 9
Old 06-03-2018, 05:34 PM
royzee
Cruising

Default Silver Shippers Scam

Glad to see the 'Brotherhoods' working here - my interest was in a Toyota SUV just today, and the owner said she was going back to Syria with the armed forces June 1 but Silver Shippers would handle all the paperwork - just needed the cash on delivery to Buffalo NY. Odd,...she didn't tell me she also had a bridge to sell.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:21 AM
Sherry Skadal
1st Gear

Default SCAM.OnMotor home

[QUOtTE=toddalin;1597304035]I went on the 'net and did a search for the address and found the business that is listed at the address provided on the Silver Shippers "web site." I called the owner to ask about the Silver Shippers business..., just in case it was a prior tenant.

This morning there was a return call on my answering machine from the actual tenant stating that they were aware of the scam and the use of their address, and I was not the first to alert them of this.
The
Yesterday I went on C/L and identifed the ad as a scam and it was promptly removed.

It's too bad that the "parties that be" won't persue this stuff until after you've been scammed.[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me we were looking to buy a motor home and my husband was risen to drive to Little Rock to see this motor home , thank goodness he waited for another reply. She said her husband had a heart attack and died so her and her daughter sold the house and moved to Kansas City with her parents and the motor home had to many bad memory's. But it wasn't in little rock it was at this Silver shipping yard in Kansas City,and I'm thinking what the fxxx. And the rest reads just the same as all the rest. Why can't the police do something about this. Atleast Craig's list should do something. I don't now how anyone can ever sale anything on Craigslist any more. I sure won't believe another ad from there again.
​than
Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by toddalin

The car deal looks too good to be true priced at ~1/4 the value

I would have personally stopped right there.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Bobby Brown
1st Gear

Default Auto scam

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Know of "Silver Shippers" out of Kansas

Quick Reply: Anyone Know of "Silver Shippers" out of Kansas