Got pulled twice on the way back from the CI…………

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Default Got pulled twice on the way back from the CI…………

120 miles from BG on the BG parkway
Seems I didn’t pull completely into the other lane when I passed a trooper with a victim already pulled……(I did move ˝ way into the other lane) the Leo raced up behind me, pulled me and told me its KY law to totally move in the other lane. Told me about the signs that tell me that…………we had a detailed discussion behind the car about what signs, were they are etc ………the short of it is he had to let me go. I don’t think he liked yellow cars cause he didn’t mind the other 5 cars that went past him w/o moving over….. at 190 miles out of BG we saw the 1st sign that just says move away from stopped emergency vehicles

Next in WVA on I-77…………paid the $1.25 toll and was enjoying a VERY spirited drive in safe zones……..when I see a WVA trooper heading the other way(and he see's me). Shortly there after I am going 70 in a 60 zone knowing I am now in an unsafe zone. Sure enough the 1st corner, there he is. Lights go on and I pull over. We have a short professional discussion, and he say with a smile………..you get a warning today. Works for me. Of course we were going to swap drivers (BLONDE C5) drives home next in a few miles………..she tells him she’s not going to let me drive her car any more! He says, PLEASE smack me next time I go over the speed limit to slow down…………even though the trooper & I both agree I-77 in a VETTE is funville. We do pull off 3 miles down the road, fill up get some ice cream and ……sure enough he is waiting for Julie LESS THAN 1/8 mile from the store just before the on/off ramp for I -77!
I will let JJ tell the story of how me, her courteous, aware, professional co-pilot kept her from getting 2 tickets in VA.
Yes John......no problem
Old 06-01-2006, 07:00 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How come you two always get away with it! I think about speeding and I get pulled. Even worse, you speed and I get pulled over. What's up with that??
Old 06-01-2006, 07:27 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
120 miles from BG on the BG parkway
Seems I didn’t pull completely into the other lane when I passed a trooper with a victim already pulled……(I did move ˝ way into the other lane) the Leo raced up behind me, pulled me and told me its KY law to totally move in the other lane. Told me about the signs that tell me that…………we had a detailed discussion behind the car about what signs, were they are etc ………the short of it is he had to let me go. I don’t think he liked yellow cars cause he didn’t mind the other 5 cars that went past him w/o moving over….. at 190 miles out of BG we saw the 1st sign that just says move away from stopped emergency vehicles

Next in WVA on I-77…………paid the $1.25 toll and was enjoying a VERY spirited drive in safe zones……..when I see a WVA trooper heading the other way(and he see's me). Shortly there after I am going 70 in a 60 zone knowing I am now in an unsafe zone. Sure enough the 1st corner, there he is. Lights go on and I pull over. We have a short professional discussion, and he say with a smile………..you get a warning today. Works for me. Of course we were going to swap drivers (BLONDE C5) drives home next in a few miles………..she tells him she’s not going to let me drive her car any more! He says, PLEASE smack me next time I go over the speed limit to slow down…………even though the trooper & I both agree I-77 in a VETTE is funville. We do pull off 3 miles down the road, fill up get some ice cream and ……sure enough he is waiting for Julie LESS THAN 1/8 mile from the store just before the on/off ramp for I -77!
I will let JJ tell the story of how me, her courteous, aware, professional co-pilot kept her from getting 2 tickets in VA.
Yes John......no problem
I would have repeatedly tazed your azzz into complete submission

J/K glad you got off
Old 06-01-2006, 08:00 PM
BRICKMAN
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

You are the best copilot ever Steve.... funny thing I drove home solo and only got a small look for a VA tropper
Old 06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Are you kidding me? With all those runs the 2 of you made at the drag strip, you didn't get it out of your system?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
1bernie1
Racer

Well, at least you didn't do as bad as I did. I passed an unmarked trooper on Rt. 10 on my way to work (very stealth, he didn't even have antennas and had an autumn leaves plate! ) . He wrote reckless driving on the ticket, checked my record, lined out the reckless and replaced it with improper passing (thank you very much ). I rattled his windows when I went by him and he fell out behind me and hit the blue lights in the oncoming lane. It could have been much worse. He could have just stayed in line and waited until I passed the other six cars in the line and just locked me up . Oh, well, this is the first moving violation since 1997. I can't complain!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

I made the 1000 miles up and back without a ticket but not for lack of trying. My V-1 has paid for itself many times over. Glad you (both) lucked out. You're a great combination!

Look forward to seeing you both next year.

Doug
Old 06-02-2006, 05:01 AM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Way to go Steve. It looks like you got away with another couple!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:26 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Snowman
..... Glad you (both) lucked out. You're a great combination!

Look forward to seeing you both....
Old 06-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Well the 1st one was total BS
The 2nd..............well..............(coug h)..........is what it is.
It is ALLWAYS good to see everyone again
One can NEVER get enough seat time.........
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

I HATE YOU

Bob
Old 06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I got tagged in Hampton just after passing the Colluseum. 73 in a 55 - forgot to back off the CC in the 55 zone.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso

Jeff!
Hope to see you sometime this year.....unfortunately, it won't be at Putnam Park....maybe later in the year at CMP!

As for the remainder of our trip home (the leg that I was driving), there were LEO's out in the 'authorized vehicles only' sections on the road and I would always back off the gas when arriving to these areas, but on the approach to one of them I was in traffic and didn't let off and I'll be damned if there wasn't a trooper sitting there...lucky for me he didn't want to leave his shady spot.

I agree with Steve: this is the first time that I felt that having a yellow car made us a target. We've been VERY lucky in the past.

JJ!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:07 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

..pretty cool getting out of 2 tickets...

...I have to pull my PASTOR CARD

...good to finally meet you at NCM in BG!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:05 PM
OOOH TWO
Instructor

I wish I had your luck. I got a ticket 9.3 miles into my trip back to Chicago! 83 in a 65 - $174! And the BS about it is that I was following an Intrepid and there was another car on my tail. Of course he pulls over the vette.

After the trooper pulls up behind me and takes his sweet ole time making sure his trooper hat is on just perfect, he walks up to my car and says: "it just doesn't seem fair that they make these cars so fast and these roads down here in KY so beautiful"!!!! I decided not be be a smart *** and mention to him that there were two other cars going just as fast as me, but they had KY plates. I just sucked it up and paid the ticket.

Oh well, not the first and won't be the last!!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 333 Likes on 140 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by OOOH TWO
I wish I had your luck. I got a ticket 9.3 miles into my trip back to Chicago! 83 in a 65 - $174! And the BS about it is that I was following an Intrepid and there was another car on my tail. Of course he pulls over the vette.

After the trooper pulls up behind me and takes his sweet ole time making sure his trooper hat is on just perfect, he walks up to my car and says: "it just doesn't seem fair that they make these cars so fast and these roads down here in KY so beautiful"!!!! I decided not be be a smart *** and mention to him that there were two other cars going just as fast as me, but they had KY plates. I just sucked it up and paid the ticket.

Oh well, not the first and won't be the last!!
Hey Jerry, what's up? We heard about the ticket that afternoon, that sucks dude!! Jeremy and I took our good ol time heading back, we saw plenty of cops, they were out in full force!!
Oh yeh, remember the dead cow story from the bar, we saw one on the side of the road in WV, it was too ironic!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
OOOH TWO
Instructor

Chad-

Glad to hear you made it back safe. At least I didn't get a ticket going the speeds we were on the way down!!! Looking forward to partying with you guys next year. Let me know if you make it to Chicago in the mean time. Take it easy.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:53 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

85 in a 65 on the KY Bluegrass Parkway. V1 won't work if they pace you.

Glad to hear you escaped yours. $285 here.

Get notified of new replies

To Got pulled twice on the way back from the CI…………

Quick Reply: Got pulled twice on the way back from the CI…………