Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter...........

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 06:29 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Default Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter...........

Dear Chip:

A a patron of Corvettes at Carlisle for the past 10 years, I have increasingly become dismayed over the designation of the area between the Hospitality Tent & the Grandstand for the use of Corvette parking by various "Registry's".

As I ponder the thought behind this decision, it appears as a sound way of keeping similiar cars & owners together. However, as a patron to this event, it is nothing but a waste of space where one strolling can encounter numerous cars that all look alike. The vast number and similar colors of these Registry cars makes it senseless for your guests to stop & look.

One of the highlights of coming to Corvettes at Carlisle is the opportunity to view the different generations, styles & colors, & speak to the owners of these fine cars.

By segregating certain groupings of cars, i.e., 40th Anniversary, 35th Anniversary, 82 Collectors Edition, Pace Cars, ZR1, it is easier for one to compare & contrast if they so desire, however, by allowing these groups to occupy the "prime location" below the Grandstand to the Hospitality Tent, I feel you are doing a great disservice to you patrons by NOT making a variety of cars available to be viewed in the most accessible area.

For years these groups have had this luxury & exclusitivity. The same goal of keeping these groups together could be accomplished by locating them on the "outer edges" of the "Fun Field", while allowing other groups, or just a multitude of cars park in this area.

I would think it would be more attractive, interesting, & fun for everyone if they could stroll thru this area and be able to view a true mixture of cars, from every generation, of every style & color, instead of the current setup.

As I'm sure you are aware, Corvettes at Carlisle is a tremendous event; not just for the cars, but for the opportunity to meet the people you talk to via the internet on a daily or weekly basis. People plan their vacations around it! What better way to promote comroderie than having people from all over the country be allowed to park together in their own designated area based upon their internet group!

I for one think this would revolutionize the Fun Display. I feel it is imperative that this arrangement be considered, or some alternative be derived so others can park in the area of which I speak, and not scattered about.

Registrys and internet groupings aside, there have been many people turned away from this area because they are not in that particular registry, only to find another non registry car parked in the spot held by a registry member a few hours later.

Fair is fair, and designating this location for select Registrys and no one else, year after year, is not.

You can easily designate Registry areas below the Auction area, below the car wash area & on the other side of the road across from the Grandstand.

This will open up what I call the "main" part of the Fun Display for another grouping, or the general public.

Many others as well as myself am tired of being "pushed off to the side", year after year, and having to walk forever to meet friends & get back to my car.

I respectfully request you to review this situation & open up this area for specific internet groupings or the general Fun Field participant.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ellis Gray
Old 12-13-2001, 11:43 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Default Re: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter........... (indypace78)

SORRY ELLIS but I disagree. I like seeing all the same cars together and have parked with the 40th registry for the past 2 years. Now IF Chip would let the forum park together I'd park there.
Gee, I wonder where you parked when you had YOUR Pace Car
Old 12-14-2001, 10:23 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter........... (Rex Ruby)

John: All well & good for YOU, bro. I fully expected someone that has the luxury of having a reserved spot in that area weather they arrive at 6 AM or 9 AM, YEAR AFTER YEAR to feel they way you do...

Also, when I had my Pace Car, I NEVER parked it in the Registry. I TRIED to park in in the middle infield area of which I speak... More convenient, more people viewing my car & stopping to talk, etc....

And also, it doesn't mean Registrys can't park there, just make it 1st come 1st serve, & offer collective Registry parking in another designated area.

Fair is fair, and its NOT fair that this area be "held" year after year for all the same type cars.

[Modified by indypace78, 1:20 PM 12/17/2001]
Old 12-20-2001, 07:53 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter........... (indypace78)

Also, when I had my Pace Car, I NEVER parked it in the Registry. .

They probably kicked your sorry **** out.. :D :D
Old 12-20-2001, 08:08 PM
BLISS
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter........... (CHRIS NJ C5)

LOL - Chris, quit causing trouble ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also, when I had my Pace Car, I NEVER parked it in the Registry. .

Old 12-21-2001, 07:34 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter........... (CHRIS NJ C5)

Yea, & no **** Eaze, too......... :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter...........

Quick Reply: Carlisle Productions, Chip Miller, an open letter...........