Carlisle Question

Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Carlisle Question

Never been but may give it a shot.... Does the $14 daily fee get me into the funfield? How about the goodie bag? Does that require paying the $60 3 day fee?

I thought today was the deadline advance tickets so I'll have to pay at the gate.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

The Funfeild $60 is how you get the Goody bag/Funfield. The $14 gets you in the corvette parking. If you have passed the deadline, you can pick up your sticker at the show for the Fun Display, if you pay now.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
The Funfeild $60 is how you get the Goody bag/Funfield. The $14 gets you in the corvette parking. If you have passed the deadline, you can pick up your sticker at the show for the Fun Display, if you pay now.
Thanks... so to get in the funfield I'll need to pay the $60 otherwise it's just Corvette Parking or is all corvette parking funfield parking?

signed
Confused
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

No. There is Funfield parking and there is general Corvette parking. The Funfield is just that.......in the main section of the fairgrounds close to where all the action is. The general Corvette parking is either way up on the hill (and it's a hike) or way back in the farthest corners of the fairgrounds.

You still have today to register online and save $10.00 and have your stickers mailed to you. After today, you can still register for the funfield, but you will have to stop at the registration gate before entering to pick up your sticker.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf...wfield_FAQ.pdf

Here's a link to last year's map so you can see where the general parking is. The map doesn't change from year to year as a general rule.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf...rvette_Map.pdf

If you're planning on being there more than one day, then it's way worth the extra $ for the fun field pass. Plus you get the dash plaque and the t shirt.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

The first time I ever went I didn't know anything about the event so I parked outside of the Funfield. It's a long walk, especially if you want to get back to your car during the day and then back in to the event. The next year I registered for the Funfield and driving in was the coolest thing. It's worth it if you'll be there more than a day. You can still register for the event, but it's now $10 more and you have to pickup your credentials outside of gate #3 when you get there. It's now going to be ny 10th or 11th year, I'm not sure but I wouldn't miss it. I look forward to it all year.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

agreed... parking in the funfield is great just in that at any time you can go back to your car pretty quickly compared to the alternative.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

If you're going with another person I believe it's $14 a person = $28. So, even if just for a day you get for your $60 two admissions, a T-shirt, dash plaque and goody bag with program and the fun and privelege of driving into the event, instead of parking on someone's lawn for $15 and none of the perks. If you haven't done it before, you'll understand the first time you drive in.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
08C6Vert
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carlisle Parking & Parade Pass available...

I have a Carlisle Parking & Parade Pass available at discount... Please PM me if you are interested. I was just let go from work last Friday and now cannot afford to make the trip and attend the events.

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carlisle Question