Funfest 2010 Update 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Funfest 2010 Update 2

Seems a couple of the Guess Who members are Corvette enthusiasts. They will be getting in town on Friday and might be seen on the grounds admiring cars.

Forum members with a red gate 2 parking pass will now be allowed to enter at gate 5 with the folks who actually registered for club parking and hold an orange pass. They are allowing this because many members failed to register properly and its too late to change them all over. Approx 200 people fall into this category. So if you are in a club come to gate 5 anyway and they should wave you on thru.

It will stay $25 for Corvettes even if you register at the gate when you get there.

If you have not registered yet do it online by Monday. Its too late for them to mail out your passes but registering before getting there will make things easier. If you register online now you won't have to enter at gate 2, park, get out of your car and stand in line to register then go to your parking area. You will just have to pick up your passes and goodie bag as you go to park.

Exactly where the forum parking area will be and possibly a map will be available early next week. Ill post that info when I get it.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wbear:

Last year we where able to use the FUNFEST logo and the forum for a windshield posting to put our logon on so the gang can put a car/face with a sign on. Will we be doing that again this year? or just use the one from last year?

wro87

Last edited by wro87; 09-10-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:01 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wro87
wbear:

Last year we where able to use the FUNFEST logo and the forum for a windshield posting to put our logon on so the gang can put a car/face with a sign on. Will we be doing that again this year? or just use the one from last year?

wro87
At this point I would say use last years but if I find out different I will post it.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
shooter1951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike posted this on his Facebook page(it could be on Mid America website also I haven't checked yet). Basicly they are looking for 51-52 yellow Corvettes to layout a yellow ribbon for a "Salute For the Troops". Some of us did a similar display during their "35th Anniversary". If you have a yellow Corvette and will be there on Saturday afternoon drop Deb Beasley an e-mail. It will be an AWESOME sight and I'm sure Mike will post it somewhere in honor of the troops!!

Share Your Passion For Corvettes We still have some opening for the Yellow Corvette Salute to the Troops display. The display and ceremony will take place at 3pm on Saturday 9/18/10 during Corvette Funfest. If interested, please email your contact information with your year and model of Corvette to deb.beasley@mamotorworks.com
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My ideal event - Corvettes and a Guess Who concert - but we can't make it . Kudos to Mike Yager for putting them on the bill, it will be an awesome show for those attending.

If MAM lets them, the band will do a greet and sign autographs after the show. If you go through the line, please let the guys know that Ginny and Ray really would have loved to be there!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

MAM mentioned to me how fan friendly the GW are and their autograph sessions so I would plan on them having one after the show.

Get notified of new replies

To Funfest 2010 Update 2

Quick Reply: Funfest 2010 Update 2