Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Old 09-26-2014, 11:14 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Corvettes at Carlisle Presented by Corvette America August 28-30, 2015

Below are a few links and descriptions regarding the upcoming 2015 Corvettes at Carlisle event:

1. Corvettes at Carlisle Website – Our website will continually be updated, so please be sure to check back frequently!

2. Registering for the Corvette for the Fun Field Gate & Go . When you register you'll receive parking within the Fun Field area, a goody bag full of awesome 'Corvette' goodies and a commemorative Corvettes at Carlisle Presented by Corvette America T-Shirt.

--> 1965 Corvette Reunion - It's the 50th year celebration for the 1965 Corvette so we plan on making a big splash about it! This display will be over the top and we're excited for you to see it.

--> Corvette American Flag Display - If you have a red, white or blue Corvette visit our website and register your car (space is limited, so please hurry!).

--> The NCRS Gallery The NCRS Gallery's Purpose is to present an ever-changing unique Corvette collection in a true gallery exhibit format. This enables non-NCRS members to have a better understanding of the National Corvette Restorers Society and the group’s goals and purposes. The collection is made up of 22 amazing Corvettes.

--> NCCC Concours Judged Showfield - Compete against the best Corvettes in the world, representing Corvette clubs from across North America. The NCCC Concours Judged Showfield is a 7 Sanctioned Event and is limited to 175 Corvettes.

3. Directions to/from Carlisle, PA

4. Event details for the weekend - We'll update this frequently so be sure to check back often.

5. Hotel Information & Contact List - Be sure to register early, rooms typically fill up fast!

6. Weather in Carlisle, PA

7. Saturday @ NOON - August 23, 2014 - REV YOUR ENGINES for 15 seconds & follow with a moment of silence. A tribute for my father, Chip Miller, who passed away from amyloidosis (more info: ChipMiller.org). This rev is for every Corvette hobbyist who lost a loved one or dear friend – let them hear and feel the rumble!

8. Women's Oasis: We certainly have not forgotten about our female Corvette enthusiasts; the Women’s Oasis is an area devoted entirely to you! Whether you are a Corvette owner looking to do some souvenir shopping, a wife, mom or daughter along for the ride, the Women’s Oasis tent located near the cross roads and adjacent to the car wash area.

9. Chip's Choice is a special invitation-only display inside of Building T that highlights one aspect of the Corvette hobby. This year we will focus on the a "Salute to Heroes" theme. e’ll be displaying Corvettes that honor our heroes. Police, Fire, Military - it doesn't matter the background because if you serve (or have served) others, fight for our daily freedoms or are a hero in someone's eyes, this display is for you. Please e-mail your story along with a photo or photos of your car to LanceM at CarlisleEvents.com. Also, if your Corvette has special theme to it that is related to the display, that will be considered too. E-mail today and you just may be part of the special display in August!

10. We’re delighted to have the Chevrolet Team during Corvettes at Carlisle. This year expect to see a large number of Engineers and other GM team members sharing their knowledge on the all new Corvette. This will be something every Corvette enthusiast won’t want to miss!

11. FREE SEMINARS! Hands on seminars with Paul Koerner, Mid America Motorworks, Corvette America, Chris Petris and many more!

12. VENDORS GALORE! A huge selection of Corvettes for sale! If you'd like to be a vendor or if you're seeking to sell your Corvette during this year's event don't hesitate contacting our friendly staff: 717-243-7855. We'll be happy to assist you.

13. TAKE YOUR CORVETTE TO THE NEXT LEVEL! If you are thinking about a new exhaust system for your Corvette, look no further than Installation Alley! The biggest names in the industry, including Borla, Corsa, MagnaFlow, Billy Boat, American Racing Headers, Kooks, East Coast Supercharging, Mid America and A&A Auto Stores will be on hand all weekend, installing exhausts and other bolt-on items. Why bother getting dirty; let the companies that create the exhaust systems install it directly on your Corvette, while you enjoy the show!

If you have any questions, please feel free posting them here & I'll be happy to answer them for you. I'm looking forward to another incredible year; we appreciate your support!

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful to add - please feel free posting it here.

Again, I'm looking forward to another wonderful year of Corvettes at Carlisle!

Life is good,

Lance Miller

PS To get the latest up to date information sign up for our ENEWSLETTER - CLICK HERE!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:07 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Can't wait!! We have our hotel reservations, and our Corvette is already registered. Now for the long wait.

Elaine
Old 10-24-2014, 06:03 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

On the way down this year had mechanical breakdown - missed the show...Planning for next year to go to NCCC Convention then to Carlisle ...
Old 11-20-2014, 02:47 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 08C6
On the way down this year had mechanical breakdown - missed the show...Planning for next year to go to NCCC Convention then to Carlisle ...
Next year will be a double whammy for many, I'm hoping to make the NCCC Convention as well - should be fun! Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 12-16-2014, 07:28 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 791 Likes on 383 Posts

Hotel reservation made the day we left.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:18 AM
08C6
Drifting

Having a Xmas meeting with members from Ottawa club... suggestions and ideas for NCCC convention then to Carlisle ... Think this will be a awesome week ...
Old 12-19-2014, 10:47 AM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Car registered, hotel booked, request put in for sunny and warm weather.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:40 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Like every year we booked our hotel the day we checked out. And our son buys us our Fun Field pass every year as our Christmas gift. So all we have left to do is wait.
Wouldn't miss it.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:17 PM
08C6
Drifting

NCCC convention will not happen... Carlisle will happen for sure - Ottawa club will represent !!!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:07 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 08C6
NCCC convention will not happen... Carlisle will happen for sure - Ottawa club will represent !!!
The Canadian crew is always full of positive energy... glad you guys (and gals) are returning, fun group!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 80 Posts

Default o early registration perk??

HI Lance!
Hope you had a great
holiday season.
I remember you offered an early sign up incentive last year. Any chance of one this year.
Fred
Old 01-23-2015, 10:35 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

They had a 20% discount earlier, but I think it's over now. Maybe they'll have another one.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ragtop-yellow
HI Lance!
Hope you had a great
holiday season.
I remember you offered an early sign up incentive last year. Any chance of one this year.
Fred
Fred,

We had our holiday sale last month. I'd encourage you to sign up for our enewletter. We do our best to inform everyone of the sale and especially through our enews: http://www.carlisleevents.com/join-t...ewsletter.aspx

Thanks for your interest!

Lance
Old 02-09-2015, 09:37 PM
ZED R WON
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First-timers looking for advice!

My wife and I will be attending for the first time this year. We just booked our Fun Field pass and are looking for advice on where to stay. Would prefer to stay close, in a nice hotel, and rest easy knowing our car is safe. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-10-2015, 12:24 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ZED R WON
My wife and I will be attending for the first time this year. We just booked our Fun Field pass and are looking for advice on where to stay. Would prefer to stay close, in a nice hotel, and rest easy knowing our car is safe. Thanks for your help!
www.choicehotels.com is a good place to start. Or try Expedia. We stay at the Days Inn South. 4th or 5th year for us there. The Carlisle Events webpage also has a search engine to find hotels.
I just checked to see if there were any rooms available there, but there aren't. BUT the Super 8 directly across the road has rooms and is always packed with Vettes for the weekend. It's only about a 5 minute drive to the hotel from the fairgrounds. www.daysinn.com
Be prepared to be shocked at the prices though.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

We also stay at Days Inn South and love the location. There are no rooms available, but as USA1 427 said, the Super 8 directly across the street does have rooms. I would not wait much longer! You can always cancel the room, but you cannot always get a hotel so close to the fairgrounds. Be aware that there is probably a 3-night minimum. And, yes, the price is higher than we all like, but that's the way it is.

We've been attending Corvettes at Carlisle for 17 years. Wouldn't miss it for anything! You'll be glad you went, too. Nowl..book that Super 8!!!

Elaine
Old 02-11-2015, 02:34 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

If you read further through this particular forum, you'll find a lot of threads about the hotels, good and bad. Your car will be safe in 99% of the hotels mentioned. So don't worry too much about it.

Some tips:
If the weather is good (sunny,not excessively hot) it will be VERY VERY crowded on Friday and especially on Saturday so plan on getting there by 7 a.m. You can eat breakfast at the fairgrounds if your hotel doesn't provide it. Lots of places to eat there.
If you have one or can borrow one, bring one of those pop up canopies and a couple of folding chairs. They're pretty much a must have for spending days there because the only real shade is the grandstand or the food court. And you'll walk MILES.
Bring a cooler too with some drinks you like. There are plenty of vendors there to purchase drinks, but you might not want to always have to get up and walk to one.
Good shoes, a hat, and sunblock are a must have.
Fun Field parking is on the lower part of the fairgrounds and on the hill but the lower part fills up fast and first because it's flat. You'll come in gate 3 and make sure you have your sticker on your windshield.
Get your goody bag and you'll find a program inside. You can take a couple of minutes to read through the events section to see if there are any seminars or special things you want to see, like the burnouts or the bikini contest. There is a women's tent for the wife too, although my wife has never bothered with it. She'll walk through and that's about it. There is a free tram that runs the entire lower fairgrounds that we enjoy taking to see things we don't normally walk to. We're older now and my wife has a hard time walking any distance so that comes in real handy.
Bring an umbrella or poncho because it does rain (last year!!). But seriously, bring a canopy and chairs!! That will be a life saver. You can put it up on the day you arrive and let it and the chairs there all weekend without taking it down. Nobody will bother it or take it. Just be sure to either drop the canopy or take the top off at night if there's a chance of bad weather overnight. You're going to have a great time.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 PM
ZED R WON
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! See you there!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:06 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

And don't forget to book at the Super 8 on Alexander Spring Rd. It is one of the best locations to get to the fairgrounds! Short distance, no traffic!

http://www.super8.com/hotels/pennsyl..._date=&rooms=1
Old 03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Hotel reservations made today!! Now can someone keep the rain away this year??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!