CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:53 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Lance, I'm already registered for the Fun Field, but I noticed you have the VIP CMAF package available. Since I'm already registered and paid for the fun field, is the $300 in addition to what I already paid......or would the amount I paid already be deducted from the $300?
Same question with the $150 reserved parking package.
Thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 10:45 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Lance, I'm already registered for the Fun Field, but I noticed you have the VIP CMAF package available. Since I'm already registered and paid for the fun field, is the $300 in addition to what I already paid......or would the amount I paid already be deducted from the $300?
Same question with the $150 reserved parking package.
Thanks
No way!

We would put your original registration and apply it to the new package you're interested in. It's no problem at all, you can just call our office directly: 717-243-7855.

Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 03-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Harleyvetteguy
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm all registered for the VIP package and room is booked. I can't wait!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:32 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by racelance
No way!

We would put your original registration and apply it to the new package you're interested in. It's no problem at all, you can just call our office directly: 717-243-7855.

Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,

Lance
Done, and done. Thanks Lance.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:28 AM
rat123
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Default never been to carlisle

Hi
This will be our first time to Carlisle. Any suggestion in what we should do for our first time. We are coming from Ontario, Canada. Should we get the 75 or 150 pass for fun field. Looking for suggestions
We are getting there for Aug. 25/2016 and leaving 29. We are staying at motel 6 in Carlisle
thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 01:06 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Either one will be fine, however if you get the $150 deal, you are GUARANTEED that spot for the whole weekend. For $75, you take your chances.
If i were you and you aren't getting to Carlisle until later in the day on Thursday, I'd opt for the guaranteed spot, because by Thursday afternoon, many if not the majority of good spots will be taken on the flat and you'll end up on the hill (not sure if that matters to you or not).
Plus, if the weather is good, the place is packed by 10 a.m.

As for what to bring, if you have or can get one of those pop up canopies, bring it because you'll need it. Bring a couple of folding chairs as well. You can leave them all in your spot for the whole weekend, but either take the top off your tent or drop it down low at night. You can leave your chairs under the tent as well. Nobody will bother it. But you'll need the canopy for shade (there is NONE) and protection if it rains. We've been there when the temps have been over 100*. It can get very hot. Bring a cooler with your choice of beverages. You can buy drinks there too. Bring money, You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the fairgrounds, plus you'll want souvenirs and maybe some goodies for your car. Hats and sunglasses and sunscreen are all a must.
When you get there and parked, head to the customer service building to pick up your goodie bag (you'll get a letter in the mail with your sticker). There will be a program inside and you'll want to check it to see where everything is located, and to see what seminars are going on, and what time any special guests are going to be around. And be sure to wear the most comfortable shoes you own because you'll walk MILES. There is a free tram that runs around the whole fairgrounds and you can get on and off anywhere.
There is a parade Saturday night through downtown Carlisle. You can sign up for it at the show and there is an additional charge. Or you can register for it when you sign up for your parking pass.
And don't forget your camera.

You'll have a great time. As always, we're praying for good weather, but even if it rains, who cares? It's Carlisle!!
Old 03-05-2016, 01:38 PM
rat123
Pro

Thanks for all the info
Either one will be fine, however if you get the $150 deal, you are GUARANTEED that spot for the whole weekend. For $75, you take your chances.
If i were you and you aren't getting to Carlisle until later in the day on Thursday, I'd opt for the guaranteed spot, because by Thursday afternoon, many if not the majority of good spots will be taken on the flat and you'll end up on the hill (not sure if that matters to you or not).
Plus, if the weather is good, the place is packed by 10 a.m.

As for what to bring, if you have or can get one of those pop up canopies, bring it because you'll need it. Bring a couple of folding chairs as well. You can leave them all in your spot for the whole weekend, but either take the top off your tent or drop it down low at night. You can leave your chairs under the tent as well. Nobody will bother it. But you'll need the canopy for shade (there is NONE) and protection if it rains. We've been there when the temps have been over 100*. It can get very hot. Bring a cooler with your choice of beverages. You can buy drinks there too. Bring money, You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the fairgrounds, plus you'll want souvenirs and maybe some goodies for your car. Hats and sunglasses and sunscreen are all a must.
When you get there and parked, head to the customer service building to pick up your goodie bag (you'll get a letter in the mail with your sticker). There will be a program inside and you'll want to check it to see where everything is located, and to see what seminars are going on, and what time any special guests are going to be around. And be sure to wear the most comfortable shoes you own because you'll walk MILES. There is a free tram that runs around the whole fairgrounds and you can get on and off anywhere.
There is a parade Saturday night through downtown Carlisle. You can sign up for it at the show and there is an additional charge. Or you can register for it when you sign up for your parking pass.
And don't forget your camera.

You'll have a great time. As always, we're praying for good weather, but even if it rains, who cares? It's Carlisle!!
Old 03-05-2016, 05:26 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

A couple more tips. To save space, we bring a collapsible cooler, then fill it up at the hotel. Buy a case of soda or pop at the gas station or local grocery store (there's quite a few) and just fill the cooler each morning. You want to get to your spot on Friday and Saturday EARLY because once the field starts filliing up, even if you have your tent up, people will take your spot if you're not there. I read once that 10 a.m. is the cut off time for any saved spots. And I've seen a few fights happen because someone parked in another guy's spot who had his tent there. We're usually there around 6 a.m to 6:30 a.m. and have coffee and breakfast at the event. Sunday...........not too many stick around for Sunday and there's really just the awards ceremony and awards parade. But many of the vendors pack up and leave early Sunday. I see you're coming on Thursday and leaving on Monday (25-29). By 1 on Sunday, I'd say the majority of the show is over and gone. So you might want to think about opting for Wed - Sunday instead. The show itself starts Thursday this year (first time) But whatever you do, you'll have a great time. Oh and bring a couple umbrellas or ponchos just in case. Oh, and if your wife is coming, you can tell her there are plenty of clean ladies rooms (not outhouses) and even a women's tent with stuff women are interested in. My wife enjoys herself every year.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:53 PM
rat123
Pro

We are leaving early on Thursday
its about a 8 hour drive with stops
I hope to get there after lunch a round 2pm
my understanding from the guys in Canada its Friday and Saturday are the best days and Sunday is the parade and show and we leave on Monday back home and we have no time to be home so we will enjoy the ride home. We do have a tent but our chairs have cover ups on them so we are protective for sun and rain. I do want to bring tent if enough room
thanks again

A couple more tips. To save space, we bring a collapsible cooler, then fill it up at the hotel. Buy a case of soda or pop at the gas station or local grocery store (there's quite a few) and just fill the cooler each morning. You want to get to your spot on Friday and Saturday EARLY because once the field starts filliing up, even if you have your tent up, people will take your spot if you're not there. I read once that 10 a.m. is the cut off time for any saved spots. And I've seen a few fights happen because someone parked in another guy's spot who had his tent there. We're usually there around 6 a.m to 6:30 a.m. and have coffee and breakfast at the event. Sunday...........not too many stick around for Sunday and there's really just the awards ceremony and awards parade. But many of the vendors pack up and leave early Sunday. I see you're coming on Thursday and leaving on Monday (25-29). By 1 on Sunday, I'd say the majority of the show is over and gone. So you might want to think about opting for Wed - Sunday instead. The show itself starts Thursday this year (first time) But whatever you do, you'll have a great time. Oh and bring a couple umbrellas or ponchos just in case. Oh, and if your wife is coming, you can tell her there are plenty of clean ladies rooms (not outhouses) and even a women's tent with stuff women are interested in. My wife enjoys herself every year.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by rat123
We are leaving early on Thursday
its about a 8 hour drive with stops
I hope to get there after lunch a round 2pm
my understanding from the guys in Canada its Friday and Saturday are the best days and Sunday is the parade and show and we leave on Monday back home and we have no time to be home so we will enjoy the ride home. We do have a tent but our chairs have cover ups on them so we are protective for sun and rain. I do want to bring tent if enough room
thanks again

Just my input...since you don't anticipate arriving until sometime in the afternoon, you should DEFINITELY get the guaranteed parking space!! There will be very little parking available by Thurs afternoon. Yes, Friday and Saturday have always been very busy, but Thursday will be right there, too, this year as it is now the first day. Listen to those who get there early!! Here's our car in its spot last year. Time?? Maybe 5:00 am!!

Elaine

The following users liked this post:
27ssalc (08-31-2019)
Old 03-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Scottnc6
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rat123
Hi
This will be our first time to Carlisle. Any suggestion in what we should do for our first time. We are coming from Ontario, Canada. Should we get the 75 or 150 pass for fun field. Looking for suggestions
We are getting there for Aug. 25/2016 and leaving 29. We are staying at motel 6 in Carlisle
thanks
Or You could do the VIP package:
VIP Chip’s Circle Package - (Must register prior to July 25, 2016 - Cost $300.00)

Limited to 25 Registrations (50 people) - Tickets include the following benefits:

1. Reserved VIP Parking in Chip’s Circle Area
2. VIP Lunch & Kick-Off on Thursday in CMAF Hospitality Area (Lunch with CMAF Members and the Millers)
3. Complimentary Downtown Parade registration and “front of the line” for parade departure ($30.00 Value)
4. Miller Garage Tour (Friday)
5. Dinner at Expo - Friday Evening hosting special celebrity guests ($120.00 Value)
6. Private access to CMAF Hospitality Area: Light Lunch from Noon-1:00 Friday and Saturday and Snacks and Beverages provided throughout all days
7. Recognition in the Directory as Chip’s Circle Participants (If registered by July 25th)
8. Fast Pass: Autographs, burnouts, beauty contests
9. Private Meet and Greet with special guests (To be announced as scheduled)
10. Special Celebrity Judging for Chip’s Circle and VIP area (3 days of judging)
11. Special Dash plaque/sticker
12. Chip’s Circle special gift and Goody Bag

We did this last year and this year as well. The dinner, auction and Miller tour last year were truly the highlight of the event. Chip and Bill did a great job and were truly fun to be around.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Scottnc6
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry, I forgot the most important part. The VIP package benefits the Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:19 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Scottnc6
Or You could do the VIP package:
VIP Chip’s Circle Package - (Must register prior to July 25, 2016 - Cost $300.00)

Limited to 25 Registrations (50 people) - Tickets include the following benefits:

1. Reserved VIP Parking in Chip’s Circle Area
2. VIP Lunch & Kick-Off on Thursday in CMAF Hospitality Area (Lunch with CMAF Members and the Millers)
3. Complimentary Downtown Parade registration and “front of the line” for parade departure ($30.00 Value)
4. Miller Garage Tour (Friday)
5. Dinner at Expo - Friday Evening hosting special celebrity guests ($120.00 Value)
6. Private access to CMAF Hospitality Area: Light Lunch from Noon-1:00 Friday and Saturday and Snacks and Beverages provided throughout all days
7. Recognition in the Directory as Chip’s Circle Participants (If registered by July 25th)
8. Fast Pass: Autographs, burnouts, beauty contests
9. Private Meet and Greet with special guests (To be announced as scheduled)
10. Special Celebrity Judging for Chip’s Circle and VIP area (3 days of judging)
11. Special Dash plaque/sticker
12. Chip’s Circle special gift and Goody Bag

We did this last year and this year as well. The dinner, auction and Miller tour last year were truly the highlight of the event. Chip and Bill did a great job and were truly fun to be around.
That's what we're doing this year. We're looking forward to it.

As for coming late Thursday and leaving Monday, I stand by my opinion that you would be better off getting to Carlisle Wednesday, and that way you can be there early Thursday and get a parking spot. I can't say enough that THIS YEAR is the FIRST year that the show starts on Thursday instead of Friday. And the reason is that on previous Thursdays, everyone showed up anyhow and claimed parking spots. There were so many people there that the organizers just decided to make it an official day. Which of course means that people will be there Wednesday now.
But believe me when I say that while Sunday is nice and all, there's not a lot to keep you entertained all day, and the Sunday parade is not the BIG parade. That's Saturday night. The Sunday parade is for the winners of the celebrity picks (celebrities go around on Saturday afternoon and choose their favorite car). Each car goes past the grandstand, receives an award, and leaves. Saturday night is the BIG parade of @ 500 or more Corvettes through downtown Carlisle and then you park and there are some bands playing, and outdoor food and drinks. Good time. But usually Sunday morning you'll find vendors packing up and not selling, or the people who have Vettes for sale are busy putting their cars back on trailers for the trip back home. I'm just speaking from my experience of Sunday. It's not the "show" atmosphere that happens Thursday through Saturday. It's much much less.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:41 PM
rat123
Pro

Hi
We are looking to leave Canada on Wednesday and take out time.
This will be the longest drive our 1984 has driven. I just emailed the hotel to see if we can get the 24 added. I will still get a reserved spot for my first time. We are leaving Carlisle on Monday and going to Intercourse PA and stay there for a few days and making this trip a fun week. We don't have to be home till Sept 1 so we are not in any hurry. Thanks for all the help
That's what we're doing this year. We're looking forward to it.

As for coming late Thursday and leaving Monday, I stand by my opinion that you would be better off getting to Carlisle Wednesday, and that way you can be there early Thursday and get a parking spot. I can't say enough that THIS YEAR is the FIRST year that the show starts on Thursday instead of Friday. And the reason is that on previous Thursdays, everyone showed up anyhow and claimed parking spots. There were so many people there that the organizers just decided to make it an official day. Which of course means that people will be there Wednesday now.
But believe me when I say that while Sunday is nice and all, there's not a lot to keep you entertained all day, and the Sunday parade is not the BIG parade. That's Saturday night. The Sunday parade is for the winners of the celebrity picks (celebrities go around on Saturday afternoon and choose their favorite car). Each car goes past the grandstand, receives an award, and leaves. Saturday night is the BIG parade of @ 500 or more Corvettes through downtown Carlisle and then you park and there are some bands playing, and outdoor food and drinks. Good time. But usually Sunday morning you'll find vendors packing up and not selling, or the people who have Vettes for sale are busy putting their cars back on trailers for the trip back home. I'm just speaking from my experience of Sunday. It's not the "show" atmosphere that happens Thursday through Saturday. It's much much less.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:51 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

I think you're wise to get the reserved spot, even if you do come Wednesday. Have a safe trip and enjoy Pennsylvania! It's a beautiful state. Have some Spaetzel while you're in Intercourse and Amish country.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:17 PM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Locked in to room, reserved parking and looking forward to our first Carlisle Event!
Old 03-13-2016, 01:59 AM
Tebo38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last weekend in august can't come soon enough

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 03-14-2016, 10:16 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've been on the road for the past 3 weeks, I'm finally able to gasp some air! I appreciate everyone chiming in to help others, much appreciated! We're excited for this year's event, glad you are too.

Life is good,

Lance
Old 03-14-2016, 04:17 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by racelance
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I hope everyone had a happy & safe one. We are working on some neat items for the upcoming event in August. Once we finalize the details I'll be sure to post here.

Life is good,

Lance
Looking forward to it
The Northern Connecticut Posse just upgraded 8 Fun Field tickets to Fun Field Reserved parking tickets

? Did I just loose my low ticket #
Old 03-14-2016, 04:37 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 211 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '17-'18

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
Looking forward to it
The Northern Connecticut Posse just upgraded 8 Fun Field tickets to Fun Field Reserved parking tickets

? Did I just loose my low ticket #
The Posse will be present!

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD