August 23-26, 2018 - CORVETTES AT CARLISLE official thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:34 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Fun field is always the best way to go.
And if you're close enough you can register for both the Chevy Nationals AND the Fun Field for just $80 for both shows. Quite a steal!
And if you're already registered for Vettes and want to do the Chevy show in June too, you can call and they will give you the Chevy registration for just $12.50.
Always trying to make it better for everyone. Gotta love Carlisle.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:28 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

IMO buying the Fun Field pass is the best way to go. Arriving early is good if there are a few of you driving together, so that you might find parking side by side. or at least close together. The Club thing ..don't worry about that, you certainly do not have to belong to a club...most don't, while some bigger clubs make sure their members register with the club affiliation noted. Its just a way to have fun and a little recognition for the clubs who put effort into being noticed. You will see more people just parking with their friends they have met along the way or traveled with. Over the years I have met many people who are now friends and we use Carlisle as our Same time Next year gig. We have a blast. Bring your friends or come alone, you will meet some good people there. It takes a while to learn how the whole event goes along.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:03 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Coming from New Zealand

My wife and I are coming to Carlilse for the first time from New Zealand. Making our travel plans now, will be starting in New York and hiring a car. doing a loop by going to Atlantic city, then on to Boston over to Niagara falls, down to Carlisle then on to Philadelphia before flying out from Newark. will be there for three weeks. If anyone has suggestions of things to do would be most grateful.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Boston, lots of tours and restaurants, eat Lobster from Maine. At the Falls, ;the Canadian side has hotels with great views of the Falls. Carlisle, go to Amish Country,. Bird in Hand or Intercourse...try their Pretzels...then swing by Hersey and do the chocolate factory tour...at Carlisle..just be amazed at all the Corvettes in one spot...Watch out for Atlantic City..people tend to leave a lot of money there hahaha
The following users liked this post:
corvettecolin (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 10:23 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
My wife and I are coming to Carlilse for the first time from New Zealand. Making our travel plans now, will be starting in New York and hiring a car. doing a loop by going to Atlantic city, then on to Boston over to Niagara falls, down to Carlisle then on to Philadelphia before flying out from Newark. will be there for three weeks. If anyone has suggestions of things to do would be most grateful.
Awesome! So glad to hear you'll be making it to Carlisle from Australia. How cool is that? We have a group that often comes from Australia, not sure if they are on this forum or not. But I'm sure they'd act as a wonderful source of information for you and your trip. Look forward to seeing you at the event!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 04-09-2018, 07:11 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Originally Posted by racelance
Awesome! So glad to hear you'll be making it to Carlisle from Australia. How cool is that? We have a group that often comes from Australia, not sure if they are on this forum or not. But I'm sure they'd act as a wonderful source of information for you and your trip. Look forward to seeing you at the event!

Cheers,

Lance
Don't want to sound too over the top, but Australia is a totally different country to New Zealand and as far as sport goes, we are very much rivals.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
Don't want to sound too over the top, but Australia is a totally different country to New Zealand and as far as sport goes, we are very much rivals.
LOL, didn't do that on purpose. For some reason my brain triggered Australia when I posted that message - sorry! We have a contingency from New Zealand each year as well, so it all works out.

Be sure to say hello when you're there, I'd enjoy saying hello and shaking your hand in person.

Life is good,

Lance
corvettecolin (05-28-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 PM
jjc508520
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 285 Posts

Just booked the Travelodge for Friday night - hope its better than the Diamond Carlisle - what a dump that was (but it was nice being next to the Waffle House)
Old 06-04-2018, 11:16 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Handicap golfcart

Lance,
On the website I see you can rent a scooter, but can you rent a golfcart on site? my father has missed the last couple of CAC with health reasons, and can't walk it anymore. Trying to convince him to go, but don't see him doing the scooter.

Thanks,
Tom Mccabe
Old 06-22-2018, 11:04 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

I found this on their site. I know they have different vehicles available, so I would give them a call. Number's on this page.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...eral-info.aspx
Old 06-25-2018, 08:01 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 67's
Lance,
On the website I see you can rent a scooter, but can you rent a golfcart on site? my father has missed the last couple of CAC with health reasons, and can't walk it anymore. Trying to convince him to go, but don't see him doing the scooter.

Thanks,
Tom Mccabe
This is from our website: "On Grounds Transportation - For safety reasons, the use of all personal means of transportation (bikes, scooters, golf carts, ATVs, motorcycles or minibikes, etc.) is forbidden on the Fairgrounds from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on all show days. No unlicensed drivers may operate these vehicles at any time. Verification of insurance is required.

Golf Carts - We strongly discourage the use of golf carts for the safety of our guests. Vendors may use them before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. Guests may only bring golf carts under certain circumstances and only if our requirements are met at least two weeks prior to the event. If you are unable to use a scooter for your mobility challenges and wish to learn more about bringing your own golf cart, call 717-243-7855 x189 or email TamiD@carlisleevents.com?subject=Gol...Cart%20Inquiry"

Sorry for the slow response, I'd suggest going this route: "Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis.

Operators of ECVs are required to possess appropriate credentials while on grounds. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis for disabled persons unable to operate a three-wheel vehicle who have their own properly insured golf cart and who make arrangements 3 weeks in advance of arrival.

For more information about renting an ECV, contact our on-grounds exclusive scooter and wheelchair provider by phone at 888-441-7575 or online - Scootaround.com"

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 06-25-2018, 12:17 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Lance, this brings up a subject I've been suggesting for years. You NEED to have a step to get onto the tram for those who have difficulty jumping up that high. People have bad hips and knees, arthritis, etc, and to try and get on that high tram is extremely difficult. I see my wife struggle with it every year. Adding a step at each cart would make it easier for people with issues who want to see everything, but maybe can't walk that far, or can't afford the mobility devices , or maybe they're just all gone for the day.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:29 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

This is from our website: "On Grounds Transportation - For safety reasons, the use of all personal means of transportation (bikes, scooters, golf carts, ATVs, motorcycles or minibikes, etc.) is forbidden on the Fairgrounds from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on all show days. No unlicensed drivers may operate these vehicles at any time. Verification of insurance is required.

Golf Carts - We strongly discourage the use of golf carts for the safety of our guests. Vendors may use them before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. Guests may only bring golf carts under certain circumstances and only if our requirements are met at least two weeks prior to the event. If you are unable to use a scooter for your mobility challenges and wish to learn more about bringing your own golf cart, call 717-243-7855 x189 or email TamiD@carlisleevents.com?subject=Gol...Cart%20Inquiry"

Sorry for the slow response, I'd suggest going this route: "Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis.

Operators of ECVs are required to possess appropriate credentials while on grounds. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis for disabled persons unable to operate a three-wheel vehicle who have their own properly insured golf cart and who make arrangements 3 weeks in advance of arrival.

For more information about renting an ECV, contact our on-grounds exclusive scooter and wheelchair provider by phone at 888-441-7575 or online - Scootaround.com"

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Lance
Lance,
Thanks for the reply, I only have to talk him into going now.

Thanks,
Tom M
Old 07-06-2018, 08:39 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Lance, this brings up a subject I've been suggesting for years. You NEED to have a step to get onto the tram for those who have difficulty jumping up that high. People have bad hips and knees, arthritis, etc, and to try and get on that high tram is extremely difficult. I see my wife struggle with it every year. Adding a step at each cart would make it easier for people with issues who want to see everything, but maybe can't walk that far, or can't afford the mobility devices , or maybe they're just all gone for the day.
Thanks.
I'll pass your information along to our facilities crew, thank you.

Sincerely,

Lance
USA1 427 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Is there a route map of the parade? Why I ask is, we will be there all day on the Saturday, so wondered if we should drive somewhere and park where we can get some dinner and see the parade.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:16 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

The Hanover Grill is right by where the parade ends and all the cars park for the Show
http://www.northhanovergrille.com/
corvettecolin (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 09:31 PM
HOCKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Lance
looking forward to another year there and my new Z was built today. I sent you a PM this morning.

Thanks

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To August 23-26, 2018 - CORVETTES AT CARLISLE official thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:05 PM
RaceNH
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default RV Parking?

Can anyone tell me if it is free to park my RV & trailer in the off grounds parking area off from Spring Rd?

Thanks.

Jim

Last edited by RaceNH; 07-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:07 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by RaceNH
Can anyone tell me if it is free to park my RV & trailer in the off grounds parking area off from Spring Rd?

Thanks.

Jim
Jim,

There's paid RV parking right outside of Gate 1, I'm not sure what the law is about parking an RV on the streets in Carlisle. This page should better help you: click me!

Hope this helps, any further questions please don't hesitate asking.

Cheers,

Lance
Old 07-11-2018, 07:13 AM
RaceNH
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Jim,

There's paid RV parking right outside of Gate 1, I'm not sure what the law is about parking an RV on the streets in Carlisle. This page should better help you: click me!

Hope this helps, any further questions please don't hesitate asking.

Cheers,

Lance

Thanks Lance,

Yeah I didn't mean on the street. It was that parking area between Spring .& Clay street as shown on your map. So do we pay when we get there or reserve a spot now?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by RaceNH; 07-11-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: August 23-26, 2018 - CORVETTES AT CARLISLE official thread