August 23-26, 2018 - CORVETTES AT CARLISLE official thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 10:03 AM
nhisfan
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
By the way.........if anyone is hoping to get a reserved spot next year, whatever spots are available will be open for reserving on Sept. 10.
Just called yesterday and renewed mine for next year.

Somehow, by dumb luck, I ended up with one of the best spots on the field (in my opinion anyway) - I'm right across from the Guest Services building.
An easy walk to the grandstand, midway, food court, swap meet, show cars, and most important to my 70 year old bladder - the men's room!

Geo
Old 08-31-2018, 03:07 PM
robertlevine
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a blast at my first Carlisle event - everything went perfectly except for the fact that I got TWO flat tires in the Fun Field... one in each rear tire.

Check out my blog entry about it: https://vetteblog.com/corvettes-carl...cap-vetteblog/

Anyways, I'll be back next year.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:10 PM
robertlevine
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I would however, like to know how some clubs get to erect huge tents on the fun field. It seems to be happening more and more. In effect, reserved spots?
My Corvette Club paid Carlisle $400 for our tent (that they provided to us). That $400 tent does NOT come with any parking spots... so if we wanted to park near our tent we had to be there early - I got there at 6:30am on Saturday and was still about 10 cars away from our tent (right near the entrance at gate 3).
Old 08-31-2018, 04:42 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

There are 3 or 4 grandfathered in clubs that get tents, they quit adding new ones years ago.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:44 PM
HOCKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

I have been coming for years and agree spots can be tricky on fri sat. So last few years I get there on Thursday and pretty much get any spot. I put my tent, chairs, small little table and cooler there. At the end of the day I go out for dinner, a drink and hang out with other Corvette people away from fairgrounds and get back at end of night around 9pm and park my car at my tent and lower it along with a chain and lick to secure all ( don’t really need to ) than Uber to hotel which is 2 miles and show up each morning at 8am and my car is there and can enjoy. I keep the same spot from Thursday to Sunday afternoon and is one of the main reasons I love coming as not worrying about a spot or being in a different spot. I probably will do reserve spot. Just my 2 cents. Was a great show as always
Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by PHILLIE PHANATIC
Does Carlisle Events still have a web site? I can't find it, they used too have tons of pictures on it.
Here are some pics of the event:
/page11
Hope this is what you were looking for.

Lance
The following users liked this post:
CTYANK2 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 02:34 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by robertlevine
I would however, like to know how some clubs get to erect huge tents on the fun field. It seems to be happening more and more. In effect, reserved spots?
My Corvette Club paid Carlisle $400 for our tent (that they provided to us). That $400 tent does NOT come with any parking spots... so if we wanted to park near our tent we had to be there early - I got there at 6:30am on Saturday and was still about 10 cars away from our tent (right near the entrance at gate 3).
The club tents that are on the field were grandfathered in. My father, long ago, opened up Club Parking and provided tents to the various clubs that registered with enough club members registering. He quickly realized he created a monster and discontinued it. However he did allow the clubs that stuck by the rules to continue. With this said, I've abided by the same rules and allowed the grandfathered clubs to stay in their spots. The number was never increased, however we did have a few go away due to not having enough members register. Hope this helps answer your question.

We opened up the club tent area as many clubs just wanted an area for their members to hang out. We started this about 5 years ago, we're always open to suggestions on how to improve so please feel free shooting me any feedback you may have: lancem@carlisleevents.com

Thanks!

Lance

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 09-06-2018, 03:41 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Tents aside, Lance. You need to address the dog issue. It was out of control this year. We had to throw our food away while we were eating at the food court because of dog hair from the dog someone was carrying and then sat down beside us INSIDE the food court. Dogs were everywhere. You CANNOT allow dogs in the food court!
And BIKES?? Since when are you allowed to ride bicycles through the fun field? Happened two days in a row. Same with the kid on the mini bike zipping between the cars.
Seems like security and staff were really absent this year. Great at the gates and the Guest Services building, but if we saw two walking or riding around the fun field all weekend, that would be the most we saw.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:54 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Can you address the rumor of funfield participants getting a 20% discount for prepaying for 2019? Is this true, and if so, why weren’t reserved spot folks offered a similar discount?
Also, will we be getting separate reserved parking signs next year ?

Thank you.
USA1 427 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 05:09 PM
nhisfan
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 88 Posts

Love the Flickr album, Lance.
I have shared it on my club's website to show other members that have never been, what they're missing!

geo
Old 09-06-2018, 09:11 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
Can you address the rumor of funfield participants getting a 20% discount for prepaying for 2019? Is this true, and if so, why weren’t reserved spot folks offered a similar discount?

Thank you.
No rumor. They announced it numerous times over the pa system all weekend.
ladder13 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

No rumor. They announced it numerous times over the pa system all weekend.
Didn’t notice that, I was probably otherwise occupied.

Well then, maybe Lance will explain why the reserved folks weren’t given the same courtesy.

And address the sign issue.

Last edited by ladder13; 09-06-2018 at 09:16 PM.
USA1 427 (09-07-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 10:58 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

I'll be sure pass this along to our security team. Thank you for the heads up!

Lance
Tents aside, Lance. You need to address the dog issue. It was out of control this year. We had to throw our food away while we were eating at the food court because of dog hair from the dog someone was carrying and then sat down beside us INSIDE the food court. Dogs were everywhere. You CANNOT allow dogs in the food court!
And BIKES?? Since when are you allowed to ride bicycles through the fun field? Happened two days in a row. Same with the kid on the mini bike zipping between the cars.
Seems like security and staff were really absent this year. Great at the gates and the Guest Services building, but if we saw two walking or riding around the fun field all weekend, that would be the most we saw.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:05 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

We did not have a 20% discount for prepaying, so it was a rumor. There is a 10% discount right now for anyone wanting to register for 2019 Corvettes at Carlisle on our website. There will be a 20% Holiday sale starting on Black Friday - FYI. Chip's Circle and Reserved Fun Field are excluded from any discounts, we have an extremely limited number available and want to keep it an exclusive feature to the event. In fact, the spaces are typically sold out prior to the sale.

Hope this clarifies everything for you.

Kind Regards,

Lance

Thank you.
ladder13 (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 03:26 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by racelance
We did not have a 20% discount for prepaying, so it was a rumor. There is a 10% discount right now for anyone wanting to register for 2019 Corvettes at Carlisle on our website. There will be a 20% Holiday sale starting on Black Friday - FYI. Chip's Circle and Reserved Fun Field are excluded from any discounts, we have an extremely limited number available and want to keep it an exclusive feature to the event. In fact, the spaces are typically sold out prior to the sale.

Hope this clarifies everything for you.

Kind Regards,

Lance
Thank you for clearing up the discount controversy.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:36 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Thank you for clearing up the discount controversy.
My pleasure, I spoke with our team. We have 1 Chip's Circle left and 34 Reserved spaces left. These fill up fast, so if you decide to lean this direction I'd suggest doing it earlier than later. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Lance

Quick Reply: August 23-26, 2018 - CORVETTES AT CARLISLE official thread